Nightshift v2.1 (01/12/20) Stable changes

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LossForWords

Re: Nightshift v1.1 - A Custom Survival H. Mod (POLL ADDED!)

Post by LossForWords »

CasualScrub wrote:Can I just say, the shotgun is super satisfying to use. Though it might be a bit too strong; I was able to one-shot a Hell Knight. Don't know if that's intentional.
i mean, it is a bfg tier
CasualScrub
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by CasualScrub »

LossForWords wrote:i mean, it is a bfg tier
That is true. It's easy to forget with your limited arsenal.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Tonfa is a more interesting weapon than a Crowbar by so large a margin that the comparison is essentially pointless. Change my mind.
CasualScrub

Post by CasualScrub »

skdursh wrote:Tonfa is a more interesting weapon than a Crowbar by so large a margin that the comparison is essentially pointless. Change my mind.
Very much agree. It ties in with the "Night shift" theme, and like you said it's a more interesting weapon.
Jarewill

Post by Jarewill »

skdursh wrote:Tonfa is a more interesting weapon than a Crowbar by so large a margin that the comparison is essentially pointless. Change my mind.
A greatsword is a far better weapon than any of the mentioned ones.

But in all seriousness, I agree that the baton just fits in with the theme of the mod.
It also adds to the feeling of helplessness.
A knife or a machete can easily cut through the target and the crowbar can cause anything to explode into gore.
Meanwhile a baton is more designed for stunning than killing.

And honestly, knives, machetes and crowbars are just fairly common to see in games as melee options.
Meanwhile I am yet to see a game where a baton is the main melee weapon. (games with multiple weapons don't count)
CasualScrub

Post by CasualScrub »

Jarewill wrote:Meanwhile I am yet to see a game where a baton is the main melee weapon. (games with multiple weapons don't count)
The only one's I can think of are Watch_Dogs and Ion Fury. That's about it.
RastaManGames
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RastaManGames »

Baton was in stunning Cry Of Fear, but there was an opportunity to have other grip, that usual.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I wanted to add a Tactical Axe as an option (potetobloke ripped one), but it doesn't actually match too.

In the meantime, Here is a video by A Heretic's Doom! Since the mod is compatible with Chex Quest, he gave it a run, and i am very happy you are all liking!

RastaManGames wrote: By the way, my gratitude, @Dr_Cosmobyte. This mod is beautiful.
Thank you!!! I hope you keep enjoying it, and yes, Shut Up And Bleed, Harder Event and Hellkrieger had a big slice of inspiration in here!

;)

I have a texture pack in the works,and a monaterpack might definitely be necessary. Well, one step at a time!
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

CasualScrub wrote:
Jarewill wrote:Meanwhile I am yet to see a game where a baton is the main melee weapon. (games with multiple weapons don't count)
The only one's I can think of are Watch_Dogs and Ion Fury. That's about it.
Tonfa usage that immediately comes to mind for me is in the Yakuza series of games.
Malfunction

Post by Malfunction »

Since your kick already kind of does the role of "damaging melee attack", I'd re-iterate my earlier suggestion of a stun gun/short range taser. My idea is that it wouldn't deal damage (or if it does, the damage is negligible), but instead it would stun enemies. For balance reasons, perhaps it would either use ammo of it's own, so it isn't infinite, or it would have to passively recharge after stunning an enemy. Alongside this, it the effect could be determined by how much max health a monster has, so weaker enemies can be stunned, meanwhile monsters with Cyberdemon or Spider Mastermind levels of HP won't be effected.
The Philosopher
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by The Philosopher »

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:
I have a texture pack in the works,and a monaterpack might definitely be necessary. Well, one step at a time!
Hey CosmoByte, if you are interested, i can make a mini monster pack after i finish my mod
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

OH I CERTAINLY DO! Your monster ideas are the finesse of what i am looking to achieve.

Do you have Discord? Ping me.
The Philosopher
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by The Philosopher »

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:OH I CERTAINLY DO! Your monster ideas are the finesse of what i am looking to achieve.

Do you have Discord? Ping me.
Tomorrow i will create an account
AstartesCitizen
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by AstartesCitizen »

I wish survival horror mods in Doom were made more often, this is really good. From the mad man that gave us Kriegsland I expected nothing less, looking forward for more of this.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Something I would personally like to see in a monster pack, is lower monster numbers, but higher monster strength. Maybe have their spawns tweakable like the ammo, just because stronger enemies in lower numbers really encapsulates survival horror, and keeps the enemies feeling threatening for longer

Return to “Gameplay Mods”