[4.4a] Corruption Cards - +20 new cards!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Re: [4.1] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your game!

Post by Cutmanmike »

Fixed some of these for the next version.
Dan_The_Noob
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

Cutmanmike wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:35 am Fixed some of these for the next version.
Nice!
are card tiers still broken? it seems to offer tier 4+ by map 03
DarkQuill

Post by DarkQuill »

In the middle of a run using 3.5 still, wanted to request if the Shark Tornado card can be changed to not fling items around, mostly to stop keys or intended key items from being thrown into unreachable locations. This may have been changed since then, you do so many updates!

I got a good laugh out of it, moreso after I realized I had selected it as a permanent card.

Also if it's not too much trouble, would also like to request an option in the settings menu to clear the compendium. I am fine with going into my .ini file and clearing it out if not though.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

DarkQuill wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:38 amAlso if it's not too much trouble, would also like to request an option in the settings menu to clear the compendium. I am fine with going into my .ini file and clearing it out if not though.
Type ccards_log "" on the console to clear it.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Happy spooky season! Here's an update :)
  • Added 7 new cards, and most are Halloween themed. Spooky!
  • Added a streamer friendly card layout option, which displays a numbered list of card descriptions instead of having to hover over each individual card to see their effects.
  • Added a new message display which shows card messages on the screen instead of on the console. You can change it back to displaying on the console (or enable both) in the options.
  • Fixed player 2 acting as the first card/game mode chooser in multiplayer games.
  • Fixed a bug where custom rules would sometimes ignore the card tiering settings.
  • Fixed a bug where the game would lock up if it wasn't possible to generate any valid cards.
  • Fixed cards being added to the compendium after loading a save game.
  • Fixed certain sounds not working in Heretic.
  • Fixed Curse of Dormin not protecting you fully when the player is invulnerable.
  • Fixed other issues with Curse of Dormin.
  • Fixed certain cards effecting actors with map tags.
  • Fixed a certain Wild Card's effect not triggering if the player had the 16th sin card active.
  • Fixed other Wild Card issues.
  • Necrokinesis once again scales thrown corpse damage with the thrown monsters's health instead of a flat high damage roll.
  • Necrokinesis bodies are held for a slightly longer time before being thrown.
  • Changed Grace of Lilith to reset modifiers every level if chosen as a Permanent card to add "variety".
  • Some of the less impactful enchantment cards will no longer be offered for bosses (but bosses can still get those enchantments from other cards that give enchantments).
  • Mystery Eggs have a slightly higher chance of spawning something other than monsters/explosions/items.
  • In MAP23 of Doom2 (Barrels of Fun), more wiggle room is granted in second barrel room to account for the many cards that make this area unbeatable.
Download 4.2
Last edited by Cutmanmike on Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ryuhi

Re: [4.2] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your game!

Post by Ryuhi »

This is going to sound like a really odd request... Could there possibly be an option in custom game modes to have wildcards not be permanent? I prefer to play with settings like permanent on all levels (or just happen to get them on the cadence of a permanent level otherwise,) but it makes wildcards pretty much ruin entire runs based on some of their effects. I realize they're optional, but i always try to take each card at least once to fill the compendium. obviously its not the biggest deal and can wait for the next version, but I just thought to ask it due to issues I had with the Dormin one.
stainedofmind

Post by stainedofmind »

Ryuhi wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:39 pm This is going to sound like a really odd request... Could there possibly be an option in custom game modes to have wildcards not be permanent? I prefer to play with settings like permanent on all levels (or just happen to get them on the cadence of a permanent level otherwise,) but it makes wildcards pretty much ruin entire runs based on some of their effects. I realize they're optional, but i always try to take each card at least once to fill the compendium. obviously its not the biggest deal and can wait for the next version, but I just thought to ask it due to issues I had with the Dormin one.
Not a terrible idea. I also like to play with permanent cards, and I agree that the wild cards can kill the runs, but I also like to use them, since, ya know, you have to work for them.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

I agree with these sentiments, but not sure what the elegant solution is. On one hand players might want to be able to have them as permanent cards, just to see how game breaking and unplayable it gets. But I do understand they can be unbalanced and can change the game experience too much in some cases (I personally never take them in a serious run).

The only thing I can think of doing is preventing Wild Cards from being obtainable if the next map has a permanent card selection. So in Standard you won't be able to find them unless the next map is NOT a permanent choice. In hardcore and chaos they would be removed entirely. I would then have an option to disable this feature in Custom mode.

What do you think? Given Hardcore is what most people consider the most difficult/balanced mode, I could see this being disappointing for players who never get to see Wild Cards. :shrug:
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

How about wild cards are offered as a free pick (they don't use up a card pick) and they only last one map regardless of mode.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

I wouldn't go that far then, honestly. Its just a shame because they're understandably the hardest cards to fill in the compendium, and i can go 2-3 updates by the time i get caught up in a previous version. Since it would impact how they work in modes like hardcore and chaos, i wouldn't want it to affect those as well. I can always just play non-permanent card rules for my issue when going for wild cards, so its not too big a deal if it would be a disruptive fix.
DarkQuill

Post by DarkQuill »

Any chance for an option/toggle that allows cards to be dealt when re-doing a map? I liked that finishing the game gives you the option to go back to the start, but was hoping to continue getting more and more cards to see how far I could go until the game was unbeatable. Even if it's a separate "endless" mode.

Speaking of which, if you pick the Icon of Sin replacer card, the option to go back to the start doesn't show up. Not sure if that's intentional, but I am guessing oversight since the re-start option was added after that card was introduced.

Finally, encountered a bug when trying to select the Abandon Timeline card. No other mods, but was playing custom mode with 10 cards shown at once (additionally, the card select screen for this pick only had 6 cards available, could be related).
https://i.imgur.com/Ar82Zfd.png
I am too stupid to add images to the post directly, my bad.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

DarkQuill wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:01 pm Any chance for an option/toggle that allows cards to be dealt when re-doing a map? I liked that finishing the game gives you the option to go back to the start, but was hoping to continue getting more and more cards to see how far I could go until the game was unbeatable. Even if it's a separate "endless" mode.
Type "ccards_allowreturnmaps true" on the console. I changed the default behavior due to so many people playing doom rpg and having maps offer them more cards when they warp to the shop/hub on command.
Dan_The_Noob
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

is it possible to have the wild cards be added as a custom game mode option once you've unlocked the card before? so it can unlock as a toggle on/off rather than a card to pick.
stainedofmind

Post by stainedofmind »

DarkQuill wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:01 pm Speaking of which, if you pick the Icon of Sin replacer card, the option to go back to the start doesn't show up. Not sure if that's intentional, but I am guessing oversight since the re-start option was added after that card was introduced.
This also happened to me and resulted in the screen looking like it changed levels twice, but then just dumped me on a black screen where I had no player controls. Checking the console, the map was never actually switched. I ended up using console commands to switch back to map01, and while I can remember exactly what happened, it either briefly showed me the dialog asking if I want to restart with my cards before disappearing and continuing as normal, or it allowed me to choose after the map switched again.
Cutmanmike wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:34 pm Type "ccards_allowreturnmaps true" on the console. I changed the default behavior due to so many people playing doom rpg and having maps offer them more cards when they warp to the shop/hub on command.
Minor request to have this put into the menudef, as it feels like a rather important option to have visible.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Please disable gravity invert on skyboxes.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”