Animated Textures with Brightmaps

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kazudra

Post by Kazudra »

It was conceived as an idea; How could I apply brightmaps to an animated texture?
Turns out the answer was... not so simple; you can't apply brightmaps to any effects found in animdefs BUT you can use the same script (with not so clever renaming) and MAKE a 1:1 set of brightmaps.

The Lava took a whole day to realize, I figured if you can't use warp2 on it, you better animate it REALLY well. The Fireblu is a bit of a bonus; it's a simple fade-in-out animation done in script and the brightmaps were made in photoshop (isolating the blue/red and brightening it for that nice eye bleed)

It's kinda a proof of concept, but I REALLY like the end result of that Lava.
Heavy uses of Patching, and Patching with patching, multi-layered animation, animated brightmaps, oh and some Nukage.

This was done entirely in script, and it has a very nice brightmap (also done in script)

(the reason it's called "LAVA")
Attachments
LAVA.pk3
(72.55 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Animated Textures with Brightmaps

Post by 3336655445 »

Very good
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Animated Textures with Brightmaps

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Hi ..how can I use that ? I have no experience with modding ..is it a ready to use pk3 file which I can easily load with other mods or is it only for use when I MAKE a mod myself?

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”