[0.4.0-1054356] -addcon/-mx does not work.

Moderator: Raze Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
mjr4077au
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

[0.4.0-1054356] -addcon/-mx does not work.

Post by mjr4077au »

Error occurs that the con file cannot be found, whether in the same directory as raze.exe, a directory picked up with game data or an absolute path.

Code: Select all

game.con:8531: error: could not find file `dc_user.con'.
The backtick in the file name is just from the error printing and is not representative of me sourcing the file incorrectly.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: [0.4.0-1054356] -addcon/-mx does not work.

Post by Graf Zahl »

I need a runnable example to check this out.
mjr4077au

Post by mjr4077au »

1. Extract cons.zip to 'cons' folder in Raze directory. These cons fix some bugs and issues reported in the con files included in duke3d.grp.
2. Extract dc_user.con to the Raze directory. After specifying the cons folder, the 3rd episode in the menu will no longer be named 'Duke it out in DC'. Specifying this con file to be added after loading the others repairs this.
3. Run 'raze.exe -addon 1 -j "cons" -mx "dc_user.con"'.
4. See reported error that con file 'dc_user.con' was not found.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mjr4077au

Post by mjr4077au »

As a side note, loading it like this does work:

-j "dc_hrp/script" -mx "dc_user.con"
In EDuke32, I'd load it like this:

-mx "dc_hrp/script/dc_user.con"
I'm happy enough with the workaround personally, will leave it up to you whether its kept open or not but I think -mx should still be able to open a file from a subfolder or the running/working directory.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

This is a difference in file system behavior. Raze requires mounting of all data, the original Build file system does a real file search. Apparently some directory does not get mounted although it should. No big deal, should be relatively easy to fix.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

This is actually quite simple and a misunderstanding of how things work. The directory Raze.exe is in and its subdirectories are never mounted into the file system for robustness reasons, unless they are the actual game directory. Remember: Raze is an engine supporting multiple games and all the data in here would otherwise be loaded into all games. Just as an example, my own one contains 40 files I accumulated for testing that'd pretty much whack any of the games that are supported if they were unconditionally mounted. The loading order normally is as follows:

1. raze.pk3
2. Main game resource file, for Duke it's duke3d.grp
3. Any additional resource files specified in GRPINFO. For Duke there are none, though.
4. The entire directory the main game resource file is found in, including its subdirectories.

All other content must be explicitly specified, that includes your dc_defs.con file.

Return to “Closed Bugs [Raze]”