Rampancy - [2.0]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Rampancy - [1.3]

Post by openroadracer »

I apologize in advance for this little act of necromancy; but I need to ask if anyone's ever seen a props pack for this mod that 1) suits the sci-fi/cyberpunk feel of fighting an army of robots, and 2) is fully compatible with this mod. The reason I have to add the latter is the fact that, when using this mod with Xim's Star Wars Props, there are usually a bunch of those red rhombus signs with the exclamation point in them, indicating some props failed to load.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

openroadracer wrote:I apologize in advance for this little act of necromancy; but I need to ask if anyone's ever seen a props pack for this mod that 1) suits the sci-fi/cyberpunk feel of fighting an army of robots, and 2) is fully compatible with this mod. The reason I have to add the latter is the fact that, when using this mod with Xim's Star Wars Props, there are usually a bunch of those red rhombus signs with the exclamation point in them, indicating some props failed to load.
Some months before I played this along with SWWM GZ from Marissa Kirisame on Augher Zenith Map Pack, It was freaking awesome.
Xim

Post by Xim »

openroadracer wrote:I apologize in advance for this little act of necromancy; but I need to ask if anyone's ever seen a props pack for this mod that 1) suits the sci-fi/cyberpunk feel of fighting an army of robots, and 2) is fully compatible with this mod. The reason I have to add the latter is the fact that, when using this mod with Xim's Star Wars Props, there are usually a bunch of those red rhombus signs with the exclamation point in them, indicating some props failed to load.
Do you know what props they are? I tried loading the mods together and used Kinsie's test map and didn't notice any errors myself. Maybe it has something to do with the maps?
openroadracer

Post by openroadracer »

Xim wrote:
Do you know what props they are? I tried loading the mods together and used Kinsie's test map and didn't notice any errors myself. Maybe it has something to do with the maps?
My gut says it's the corpses. Get to DooM II "The Gantlet", and collect the Blue Armor that overlooks the early room with the bunch of Imps in it; the closet with Shotgunners has some error icons that I think would normally be corpses.

EDIT: But just for the record, I've tested Rampancy with Star Wars Props on several different mapsets and gotten the same thing. I only mentioned "The Gantlet" because it's the one I got this issue on most recently.

EDIT 2: Unfortunately, the Star Wars Props Pack is too large for me to attach to the post. I don't use MEGA or MediaFire or anything, so I don't know how to link to it.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

openroadracer wrote:EDIT 2: Unfortunately, the Star Wars Props Pack is too large for me to attach to the post. I don't use MEGA or MediaFire or anything, so I don't know how to link to it.
What about Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive?
openroadracer

Post by openroadracer »

wildweasel wrote:
openroadracer wrote:EDIT 2: Unfortunately, the Star Wars Props Pack is too large for me to attach to the post. I don't use MEGA or MediaFire or anything, so I don't know how to link to it.
What about Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive?
Don't have those either. Sorry.
Xim

Post by Xim »

I might as well upload it myself. Try this link here. It's from version 2.8.9 of my mod.
openroadracer

Post by openroadracer »

Xim wrote:I might as well upload it myself. Try this link here. It's from version 2.8.9 of my mod.
Thanks, I'll give this a test.

EDIT: This new file seems to have fixed the problem, thanks!
openroadracer

Post by openroadracer »

Xim wrote:I might as well upload it myself. Try this link here. It's from version 2.8.9 of my mod.
Apologies for the double post, but I think I've finally figured out the real problem:

Loading the following three in this order:
  1. Rampancy
  2. Trailblazer
  3. Star Wars Props
So, I figure there's not much that can be done. I'm almost certain it's the corpses, though; I saw one of the error signs right off when I loaded in to vanilla E1M1, on the far side of the starting room with the big windows to your right and the stairs to the Green Armor to your left.
openroadracer

Post by openroadracer »

Apologies for the triple post, but I've got an update: It seems as if loading Rampancy with any other gameplay mod between it and the Star Wars Props pack causes the same issue I was getting with Trailblazer, except Star Wars DooM Weapons, as I had the same error sign in the E1M1 starting room with Project GHAG. I'll see if this happens loading JUST Rampancy and the SW Props, with no other mods.

EDIT: Update: Click'n'drag method of only loading Rampancy and Star Wars Props, and I get the same error sign in E1M1's starting room, right where a dead Marine would be. So there must be some kind of conflict between Rampancy and the Star Wars Props corpse sprites.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Not sure if my update was able to fix compatibility with this one. It works one it's own but if you're mixing it up different weapon mods I'm not sure what I can reasonably do at this time. You could try to just edit out the decorate code in the props pack yourself, maybe that will work.
openroadracer

Post by openroadracer »

Xim wrote:Not sure if my update was able to fix compatibility with this one. It works one it's own but if you're mixing it up different weapon mods I'm not sure what I can reasonably do at this time. You could try to just edit out the decorate code in the props pack yourself, maybe that will work.
The thing about Project GHAG(and I'm pretty sure Trailblazer is much the same) is that it doesn't replace any of the vanilla props, just the pickups. And I have also tried loading strictly Rampancy and Star Wars Props with no other mods(click-&-drag and ZDL both), and I still get the same issue.

I don't understand how to code, but my gut says that the Star Wars Props pack is calling props that are in the Star Wars DooM mod, but NOT actually present in the props pack itself. If it really is that simple, then this could be easily adjusted. However, if this is less because of the props pack not having the assets and instead due to the code itself, that would be much harder to contend with.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

I've been pretty silent here for a good while, but I figure I should probably just let people know what's going on. I've been posting on Discord, but I'll just let people know here too
I've been working on a 2.0 update for Rampancy for a few months now, a very big update. Of course, once again it's all thanks to the incredible work of Cherno who has been very patient with my annoying requests, hahaha.

Dunno when this'll be done, I've done a lot, but there's still a huge amount to do, especially polish wise.
Expect a vastly increased enemy roster, with no randomization to their spawning. Difficulty is also increased, but the option to have spawns like the current Rampancy release will be included as well!
I'll release an update to LegenDoom at the same time with a few changes as well as fancy compatibility stuff with Rampancy too.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

That is some great news! I'm eager to see what's coming! =)
openroadracer

Post by openroadracer »

Xim wrote:Not sure if my update was able to fix compatibility with this one. It works one it's own but if you're mixing it up different weapon mods I'm not sure what I can reasonably do at this time. You could try to just edit out the decorate code in the props pack yourself, maybe that will work.
Okay, minor update: This issue isn't even a problem with Rampancy, it's an issue with the Props Pack itself.

All I did was double-click on the Star Wars Props .PK3(since it's associated with GZDoom's .EXE, it'll open GZDoom and load the .PK3 if I do that) and load up E1M1; error sign right across the room from my start position.

So I've been barking up the wrong tree all this time. It's the fact that the Props Pack itself lacks the corpse prop assets entirely, not an issue with compatibility involving other mods.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”