Ultimate Doom Builder

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
boris

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Post by boris »

Do you have BuilderNative.dll in the base directory? That DLL contains the rendering backend (among some other non .Net stuff).
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

It is in there, yes.
boris

Post by boris »

https://github.com/jewalky/UltimateDoom ... 1166261487 indicates that Parallels doesn't support OpenGL. BuilderModes.dll requires an opengl32.dll (and probably a working one), so maybe it can't find that and then fails to load BuilderModes.dll.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

In that case, you can try this:

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail ... n-us&gl=US

If Parallels supports Direct3D 12 (and it should) this puts a simple OpenGL 3.3 layer on top of that. It should work even if your GPU driver is disabled.

If your edition of Windows is missing the Store for some reason let me know and I can try and get you a direct link.
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

Parallels seems to only support up to DX11, unfortunately.
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

Doesn't support Vulkan either then I assume?
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

Alas, no luck there either.
Misery

Post by Misery »

[Deleted]
Last edited by Misery on Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve5563
Operating System Version (Optional): windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Steve5563 »

may have found a bug or limitation, just curious if it can be resolved.

- When loading a map with ( 2 ) .pk3 resource files and both .pk3 files contain different sprite textures in the sprite folders.
when the map is opening up, Ultimate Doom Builder seems to only look for the sprite textures in the last pk3 file in the load order and not all of the selected .pk3 files to be used as resource files.

this throws the error message "Unable to find sprite lump " **** " used by actor " **** ". Forgot to include required resources? "

if i then "cut" the sprites out of the first .pk3 resource file and paste them in the last loaded .pk3 resource file, the map opens up just fine with no error codes.
i can then switch the .pk3 load order around and then i will get the same issue where Ultimate Doom Builder cant find the sprites as the last .pk3 file has no sprites in it but the first .pk3 file has all of them.
Ultimate Freedoomer

Post by Ultimate Freedoomer »

There are 3 features I’d like to suggest, if possible:
*Support for opening maps in PK3s without having to extract the map file. (This was something that was in GZDB)
*Support for custom IWAD formats (ipk3, IWAD)
*Improved map conversion (so 1:1 conversions from Vanilla Doom or Vanilla Heretic to UDMF are possible without errors.)
boris

Post by boris »

Steve5563 wrote: - When loading a map with ( 2 ) .pk3 resource files and both .pk3 files contain different sprite textures in the sprite folders.
when the map is opening up, Ultimate Doom Builder seems to only look for the sprite textures in the last pk3 file in the load order and not all of the selected .pk3 files to be used as resource files.
Can confirm that this is happening.
Ultimate Freedoomer wrote:There are 3 features I’d like to suggest, if possible:
*Support for opening maps in PK3s without having to extract the map file. (This was something that was in GZDB)
GZDB couldn't do that.
Ultimate Freedoomer wrote:*Support for custom IWAD formats (ipk3, IWAD)
Works, as long as teh IPK3/IPK7 has a IWADINFO lump. There was a problem with it reported recently, but it's working with my (simple) example, so if it's not working I'll need a minimal working example that reproduces the problem. IWADs work, as long as they actually have the IWAD identifier in their header.
Ultimate Freedoomer wrote:*Improved map conversion (so 1:1 conversions from Vanilla Doom or Vanilla Heretic to UDMF are possible without errors.)
Too much work for too little gain. PRs are welcome, though, as always ;)
Darkcrafter
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Darkcrafter »

Updated to v3.0.0.3980 (692ceb7) and seems like I'm rolling back from this one because need to load gzdoom.pk3 into map resources and then having to remove it when testing (reload the map before testing lol). because gzdoom won't run if gzdoom.pk3 is in the map resources.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by phantombeta »

Darkcrafter wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:26 pm Updated to v3.0.0.3980 (692ceb7) and seems like I'm rolling back from this one because need to load gzdoom.pk3 into map resources and then having to remove it when testing (reload the map before testing lol). because gzdoom won't run if gzdoom.pk3 is in the map resources.
You just have to mark the resource as not being loaded for testing. It's the checkbox at the bottom of the "browse WAD/PK3/Folder" window.
HMNuke93

Post by HMNuke93 »

UDB costantly crashes when opening a map. Does anyone have the same problem?
boris

Post by boris »

You probably have an AMD GPU with the latest drivers, which seem to cause problems.

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”