Ultimate Doom Builder

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Darkcrafter
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Post by Darkcrafter »

I still stick to GZDoomBuilder BugFix because of 3 things I noticed it does better:

1) Correct transparency handling for things.
2) If I move sectors with slopes then it becomes mess, I can select them and by using mousewheel easily restore the heights.
3) It doesn't prevent my resource pk3 and wads from changes which I always edit with editor on.

Please fix :(
TheSpartan94
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TheSpartan94 »

Wonder if there will ever be a Linux release :(
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

We got UDB ported over to Linux, but unfortunately there's too many outstanding issues for an official release. It really needs an active Linux developer that runs the platform daily and is willing to put in the work required. It also doesn't help that the Mac version of Mono's Winforms is unmaintained and broken with no sign of it ever improving. So even if work was invested here it would still mean no Mac version. :(

Honestly at this point it would probably require migrating away from Winforms completely for such a thing to become reality.
axredneck
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch

Post by axredneck »

I used UDB with Wine but now copy&paste doesn't work. I don't know if it's a regression in UDB, Wine or Mono. I reported it to Github.
boris

Post by boris »

axredneck wrote:I used UDB with Wine but now copy&paste doesn't work. I don't know if it's a regression in UDB, Wine or Mono. I reported it to Github.
Are you seriously suggesting that copy'n'paste broke in UDB and nobody noticed?
axredneck
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch

Post by axredneck »

boris wrote:
axredneck wrote:I used UDB with Wine but now copy&paste doesn't work. I don't know if it's a regression in UDB, Wine or Mono. I reported it to Github.
Are you seriously suggesting that copy'n'paste broke in UDB and nobody noticed?
At least it broke in UDB+Wine for me.
GreenDoomguy1999

Post by GreenDoomguy1999 »

Don't know is it counts as bug,but for some reason decorate actors appears as unknown
Attachments
How it appears in v.3.0.0.3530 (11b586e)
How it appears in v.3.0.0.3530 (11b586e)
How it appears in v.2.3.0.2713
How it appears in v.2.3.0.2713
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

GreenDoomguy1999 wrote:Don't know is it counts as bug,but for some reason decorate actors appears as unknown
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56209

As much as we want to, showing us a screenshot with no further information does not help us to solve your problem. We need to know what you did and how. A simple pwad revealing the symptom/s will do.
StalkerBlade

Post by StalkerBlade »

How are colors defined for spotlights in the editor? They don't take RGB values like dynamic lights do, so I'm not really sure what that long value in the box actually represents.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

StalkerBlade wrote:How are colors defined for spotlights in the editor? They don't take RGB values like dynamic lights do, so I'm not really sure what that long value in the box actually represents.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Also: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=68084&p=1145221#p1145072

If you are good with ZSCRIPT, then you could use these parameters
https://zdoom.org/wiki/Controlling_dynamic_lights
SuaveSteve

Post by SuaveSteve »

I'm just spitballing here. :idea:

Sloped sectors that are targets of Sector_Set3dFloor can be a big pain if you are using slopes. After moving, you have to ensure the model aligns with how you want the target to look.

Would it be the responsibility of the editor to automatically adjust the model when I move a target?

Or, how about a function that copies the plane from the model to the target, adjusting the model in the process?

Or, make it GZDoom's problem: Sector_Set3dFloor gets a flag that makes each target use it's own center for the slope (copy the plane).
boris

Post by boris »

SuaveSteve wrote:I'm just spitballing here. :idea:

Sloped sectors that are targets of Sector_Set3dFloor can be a big pain if you are using slopes. After moving, you have to ensure the model aligns with how you want the target to look.

Would it be the responsibility of the editor to automatically adjust the model when I move a target?

Or, how about a function that copies the plane from the model to the target, adjusting the model in the process?

Or, make it GZDoom's problem: Sector_Set3dFloor gets a flag that makes each target use it's own center for the slope (copy the plane).
Just use visual sloping (which makes use of plane equation slopes), then UDB will take care of any slope moving/rotating when you move/rotate the target sectors.
Mav3r1ck

Post by Mav3r1ck »

Is D64's colored lighting feature capable of Add blending yet? or is it yet to be implemented?
NaturalTvventy

Post by NaturalTvventy »

Okay, I'm dying here. I just got a very fancy new machine but both GZDoom Builder and Ultimate DOOM builder won't run on it. Do I have any hope?

Here's me trying to create a new map:
Capture.PNG
Here's the error:
Capture2.PNG
Full errors:
Spoiler:
Thanks in advance :)
FireSeraphim

Post by FireSeraphim »

GreenDoomguy1999 wrote:Don't know is it counts as bug,but for some reason decorate actors appears as unknown
I can verify this bug is happening on my end as well and this is after me just updating Ultimate Doom Builder.

Also I get this, despite the fact that I know everything in TEOTPC is set up correctly
Spoiler: mother of all incorrect loading errors

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”