Ultimate Doom Builder

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby Darkcrafter » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:47 pm

I still stick to GZDoomBuilder BugFix because of 3 things I noticed it does better:

1) Correct transparency handling for things.
2) If I move sectors with slopes then it becomes mess, I can select them and by using mousewheel easily restore the heights.
3) It doesn't prevent my resource pk3 and wads from changes which I always edit with editor on.

Please fix :(
Darkcrafter

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby TheSpartan94 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:09 am

Wonder if there will ever be a Linux release :(
TheSpartan94

Discord: #3086

Postby dpJudas » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:44 am

We got UDB ported over to Linux, but unfortunately there's too many outstanding issues for an official release. It really needs an active Linux developer that runs the platform daily and is willing to put in the work required. It also doesn't help that the Mac version of Mono's Winforms is unmaintained and broken with no sign of it ever improving. So even if work was invested here it would still mean no Mac version. :(

Honestly at this point it would probably require migrating away from Winforms completely for such a thing to become reality.
dpJudas

Postby axredneck » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:50 am

I used UDB with Wine but now copy&paste doesn't work. I don't know if it's a regression in UDB, Wine or Mono. I reported it to Github.
axredneck
excuse me for my bad English

Github ID: axredneck
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit

Postby boris » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:16 am

axredneck wrote:I used UDB with Wine but now copy&paste doesn't work. I don't know if it's a regression in UDB, Wine or Mono. I reported it to Github.

Are you seriously suggesting that copy'n'paste broke in UDB and nobody noticed?
boris
I post less than Manc and Hobo

Postby axredneck » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:05 am

boris wrote:
axredneck wrote:I used UDB with Wine but now copy&paste doesn't work. I don't know if it's a regression in UDB, Wine or Mono. I reported it to Github.

Are you seriously suggesting that copy'n'paste broke in UDB and nobody noticed?

At least it broke in UDB+Wine for me.
axredneck
excuse me for my bad English

Github ID: axredneck
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit

Postby GreenDoomguy1999 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:40 am

Don't know is it counts as bug,but for some reason decorate actors appears as unknown
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GreenDoomguy1999

Postby Kappes Buur » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:43 am

GreenDoomguy1999 wrote:Don't know is it counts as bug,but for some reason decorate actors appears as unknown

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56209

As much as we want to, showing us a screenshot with no further information does not help us to solve your problem. We need to know what you did and how. A simple pwad revealing the symptom/s will do.
Kappes Buur

Postby StalkerBlade » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:15 am

How are colors defined for spotlights in the editor? They don't take RGB values like dynamic lights do, so I'm not really sure what that long value in the box actually represents.
StalkerBlade

Postby Kappes Buur » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:47 am

StalkerBlade wrote:How are colors defined for spotlights in the editor? They don't take RGB values like dynamic lights do, so I'm not really sure what that long value in the box actually represents.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Also: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=68084&p=1145221#p1145072

If you are good with ZSCRIPT, then you could use these parameters
https://zdoom.org/wiki/Controlling_dynamic_lights
Kappes Buur

Postby SuaveSteve » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:50 pm

I'm just spitballing here. :idea:

Sloped sectors that are targets of Sector_Set3dFloor can be a big pain if you are using slopes. After moving, you have to ensure the model aligns with how you want the target to look.

Would it be the responsibility of the editor to automatically adjust the model when I move a target?

Or, how about a function that copies the plane from the model to the target, adjusting the model in the process?

Or, make it GZDoom's problem: Sector_Set3dFloor gets a flag that makes each target use it's own center for the slope (copy the plane).
SuaveSteve

Postby boris » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:50 am

SuaveSteve wrote:I'm just spitballing here. :idea:

Sloped sectors that are targets of Sector_Set3dFloor can be a big pain if you are using slopes. After moving, you have to ensure the model aligns with how you want the target to look.

Would it be the responsibility of the editor to automatically adjust the model when I move a target?

Or, how about a function that copies the plane from the model to the target, adjusting the model in the process?

Or, make it GZDoom's problem: Sector_Set3dFloor gets a flag that makes each target use it's own center for the slope (copy the plane).

Just use visual sloping (which makes use of plane equation slopes), then UDB will take care of any slope moving/rotating when you move/rotate the target sectors.
boris
I post less than Manc and Hobo

Postby Mav3r1ck » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:28 pm

Is D64's colored lighting feature capable of Add blending yet? or is it yet to be implemented?
Mav3r1ck

Postby NaturalTvventy » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:20 pm

Okay, I'm dying here. I just got a very fancy new machine but both GZDoom Builder and Ultimate DOOM builder won't run on it. Do I have any hope?

Here's me trying to create a new map:
Capture.PNG

Here's the error:
Capture2.PNG

Full errors:
Spoiler:

Thanks in advance :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NaturalTvventy

Postby FireSeraphim » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:40 pm

GreenDoomguy1999 wrote:Don't know is it counts as bug,but for some reason decorate actors appears as unknown

I can verify this bug is happening on my end as well and this is after me just updating Ultimate Doom Builder.

Also I get this, despite the fact that I know everything in TEOTPC is set up correctly

Spoiler: mother of all incorrect loading errors
FireSeraphim
Verified Professional Vampire Hunter

Discord: FireSeraphim #9061

PreviousNext

Return to Editors / Asset Manipulation