(WIP) Eternity Blitz

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

(WIP) Eternity Blitz

Postby NachtIntellect » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:02 am

(Ignore the white on the image, I can't seem to get it transparent via IMGUR)

Hi everyone, NervousIntellect here, I have been working on a project for a few months, it is called Eternity Blitz and with the help of a few other folks I think I am ready for a forum thread to gather interest from the community. So what is Eternity Blitz, well it for starters is my first big project, I have worked on other things here and there but I've never actually had a project to call my own and so while working on this other stuff I came up with an idea a while back while talking with Terminus.

What if I could make a retro shooter where it feels a bit like a game of speed and agility, what if I could make something where the player was moving in a way that made them want to engage with enemies in order to gain boosts to some of their stats, I could have a combo meter and a special meter, the player good thrust themselves I could add in a score meter, I could add in voicelines, I could make each enemy have a stage where they change tactics too based on their health values and I could find some way to balance the insane, I am not all about making this really hard, I am making a challenging experience for the players that runs very smoothly.

I think you all get the idea, I am making my dream game and I have gotten a decent amount done thanks to various people who I have hired and other few volunteers, it's still in it's very basic stages but I hope to have a playable demo with 2-3 maps in the release, I am thinking it will take about a year for that? Currently I am working alone on most of this despite the help from volunteers so I think it's fair to say a year.

However as of right now, there is a very early alpha of the game which I have released to the public: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lp0Ab ... qo_eAr4VQS

Spoiler: Introduction to Eternity Blitz

Spoiler: MIDI previews (Thanks Jimmy)

Spoiler: Screenshots

Spoiler: Credits

Discord server link: https://discord.gg/C2ba3yj
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:08 am, edited 7 times in total.
NachtIntellect
Eisennacht Headmaster

Discord: NachtIntellect#9270

Re: (WIP)Eternity Blitz

Postby MFG38 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:43 am

Looks interesting, especially the level in the second video with all the blue lights.

I'll keep an eye peeled.
MFG38

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit

Postby Dude27th » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:10 pm

It looks cool , I'm not as interested at the moment as it is very early in development but it looks promising!
Also if movement is important in this mod, I guess some platforming is going to happen in the maps?
If so, please consider having AirControl in a script so the player can have more freedom in the air.
Dude27th
N I C E

Discord: Dude27th#5480

Postby NachtIntellect » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:55 am

Dude27th wrote:It looks cool , I'm not as interested at the moment as it is very early in development but it looks promising!
Also if movement is important in this mod, I guess some platforming is going to happen in the maps?
If so, please consider having AirControl in a script so the player can have more freedom in the air.

I can guarantee you that is definitely the case, in most cases it's like the player is moving like a feather, if you jump boost forward you can actually move all the way back to the starting point of where you jumped.
NachtIntellect
Eisennacht Headmaster

Postby Dude27th » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:05 pm

NachtIntellect wrote:
Dude27th wrote:It looks cool , I'm not as interested at the moment as it is very early in development but it looks promising!

I can guarantee you that is definitely the case, in most cases it's like the player is moving like a feather, if you jump boost forward you can actually move all the way back to the starting point of where you jumped.

Hell Yeah !
Dude27th
N I C E

Discord: Dude27th#5480

Postby NachtIntellect » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:56 pm

I've been going around and sharing an alpha build of Eternity Blitz and I thought I would share it here too although nervous and sweating I am going to share it here too, just a disclaimer everything in here is currently a work in progress, below the link there will be a spoiler telling you all the things that could possibly go wrong or isn't implemented yet:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lp0Ab ... qo_eAr4VQS

Spoiler: List of bugs/Things not implemented

Okay so after all that, I actually have a discord server if you guys would like to report bugs or talk about the mod or just in general hang out with people who like the project: https://discord.gg/C2ba3yj
NachtIntellect
Eisennacht Headmaster

Re: (WIP) Eternity Blitz

Postby chronoteeth » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:14 pm

the coppa stuff, did you set your youtube to not child appropriate? thats what you have to do to make it compliant
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby skdursh » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:24 pm

COPPA has been around since 1998 and the only thing you need to do to be compliant is basically nothing. Only people who are specifically targeting children need to mark their videos as "child-oriented". There is no reason for you to get weird about it. As Doom is clearly not a game made for children you have literally nothing to worry about. You could also just use Bitchute instead if you're still paranoid.
Last edited by skdursh on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skdursh

Postby skdursh » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:25 pm

chronoteeth wrote:the coppa stuff, did you set your youtube to not child appropriate? thats what you have to do to make it compliant

It's actually the opposite. You need to mark your videos as "child-oriented" if you are specifically targeting children. As Doom isn't for children it clearly does not fall under that umbrella so Nacht doesn't need to do anything. It also doesn't go into effect across Youtube until 2020 so that they give "creators" appropriate time to mark their content.
skdursh

Postby NachtIntellect » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:45 am

Hey everyone just letting you know I'll have a patch out before X-mas, it appears there were some things in that folder that I forgot to include or disabled while I was testing new things. In the meantime I've got some art to share with you guys. I would post more and perhaps I will later, but for now so I don't overload this thread with images, here's a full image of Yuihachi, the protagonist I've been sharing around, besides that I would like to tell you I am looking for volunteers so if you think you know how you could improve the mod, come speak to me personally either via discord or otherwise:

NachtIntellect
Eisennacht Headmaster

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects