[WIP2] Thy Blood Konsumed: Vampiric Power Fantasy

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
User avatar
UnbornDecay25
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:51 am

Re: [WIP] Thy Blood Konsumed: Vampiric Power Fantasy

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

This is one of the best damn Doom WIPs I ever played. Immensely fun, the true essense of a glass cannon. But even that gets thrown aside as you get deeper. The only thing I request is maybe a few framerate fixes and perhaps... the Bloodrayne guns? As an alternative to one of the weapons or a super secret weapon? Would be nice. Other than that, I cant see this mod getting any better

Ps: The Vampire's Edge attack missing 90% of the time has already been mentioned, but it bears repeating. Makes that attack useless. Other than that, this thing is fun as hell
User avatar
r&r
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:54 pm

Re: [WIP] Thy Blood Konsumed: Vampiric Power Fantasy

Post by r&r »

Kinda reminds me of vampire masquerade bloodlines powers
User avatar
Twitchy2019
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:27 pm
Location: My Foot,Your Face! (Team Monster)

Re: [WIP] Thy Blood Konsumed: Vampiric Power Fantasy

Post by Twitchy2019 »

Alright, so I gave this mod a go. Pretty good although there are three things so far I want to touch base on.

1. The Scythe: I tested this weapon and I feel its lacking (how to describe this) "attack width" that the sprite would indicate close range for its basic slash attack. For example, I am at quite a close range for like three zombies and only one that I target with the crosshair gets affected. It should to me kill all three if not damage them outright even if the crosshair is not exactly on the enemy at close range. I felt I could only deviate about maybe a hair off of the side before it did not affect the enemy. May want to expand its attack area.

2. Why does the blood ball do splash damage to the player? Shouldn't Skarlet be strengthened by blood?

3. Why does enemy blood pickups not give health to the player? I would think that would be something that would be expected.
User avatar
D3athStalker
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:45 am
Location: The evil world that is known as Heck

Re: [WIP] Thy Blood Konsumed: Vampiric Power Fantasy

Post by D3athStalker »

Twitchy2019 wrote:Alright, so I gave this mod a go. Pretty good although there are three things so far I want to touch base on.

1. The Scythe: I tested this weapon and I feel its lacking (how to describe this) "attack width" that the sprite would indicate close range for its basic slash attack. For example, I am at quite a close range for like three zombies and only one that I target with the crosshair gets affected. It should to me kill all three if not damage them outright even if the crosshair is not exactly on the enemy at close range. I felt I could only deviate about maybe a hair off of the side before it did not affect the enemy. May want to expand its attack area.

2. Why does the blood ball do splash damage to the player? Shouldn't Skarlet be strengthened by blood?

3. Why does enemy blood pickups not give health to the player? I would think that would be something that would be expected.
1) Actually, that is a good idea. I was thinking of a way to make the scythe's swing attack stronger and I can just make that happen.

2) Yes, she is supposed to be strengthened by blood but not the "explosion" they create. Although she doesn't take that much damage from self-damage anyways.

3) I tried that once and felt like it kinda breaks the game, rendering some of the vampiric abilities useless, so I scrapped that idea. Although there is a powerup that makes the player get health upon picking blood energy dropped by enemies.
User avatar
r&r
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:54 pm

Re: [WIP] Thy Blood Konsumed: Vampiric Power Fantasy

Post by r&r »

I tried this mod on Hexen,
it works until you pick up a Hexen weapon then your stock using that weapon only,
even with cheats to "give all" doesn't fix it.

Heres a few ideas Vampires Bloodlines you might like

https://vtmb.fandom.com/wiki/Thaumaturgy

And maybe another ability that would be nice to have is
"Blood Magnet"
So it's easier to pickup blood EXP.
Like for example when you reach Level 10
you get 'Blood Magnet' Level 1 that can auto pickup blood from 5 feet away.
then Level 2 it be 10 feet, and then level 3 it's like 25 feet.
User avatar
D3athStalker
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:45 am
Location: The evil world that is known as Heck

Re: [WIP2] Thy Blood Konsumed: Vampiric Power Fantasy

Post by D3athStalker »

The update is here (the mod is still WIP tho)

Link: https://mega.nz/#!QtAVFSia!3DM1xuGodlBQ ... MHYWTNc1_Q
Spoiler: Changelog
User avatar
Cardboard Marty
Posts: 1137
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:29 am
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: Robot Mountain

Re: [WIP2] Thy Blood Konsumed: Vampiric Power Fantasy

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Ahh I remember this being a top-secret idea, glad to see it out! The gameplay is super solid and I love what you've done here, I hope to give more in-depth feedback after I spend some more time with it!
Spoiler:
User avatar
D3athStalker
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:45 am
Location: The evil world that is known as Heck

Re: [WIP2] Thy Blood Konsumed: Vampiric Power Fantasy

Post by D3athStalker »

Cardboard Marty wrote:Ahh I remember this being a top-secret idea, glad to see it out! The gameplay is super solid and I love what you've done here, I hope to give more in-depth feedback after I spend some more time with it!
Thanks man, definitely looking forward to your feedback!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
User avatar
UnbornDecay25
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:51 am

Re: [WIP2] Thy Blood Konsumed: Vampiric Power Fantasy

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

Really like what you've done here, but all of a sudden the mod got really framey in this update. Red Storm doesn't lag my computer to 'worse-than-Arkham-Knight-levels' anymore, but now the mod just runs horribly, and I drop frames for no real reason. Sometimes it happens when dicing enemies into a red mist, sometimes it happens for no reason at all, sometimes its looking at flies.
User avatar
D3athStalker
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:45 am
Location: The evil world that is known as Heck

Re: [WIP2] Thy Blood Konsumed: Vampiric Power Fantasy

Post by D3athStalker »

UnbornDecay25 wrote:Really like what you've done here, but all of a sudden the mod got really framey in this update. Red Storm doesn't lag my computer to 'worse-than-Arkham-Knight-levels' anymore, but now the mod just runs horribly, and I drop frames for no real reason. Sometimes it happens when dicing enemies into a red mist, sometimes it happens for no reason at all, sometimes its looking at flies.
Did you try turning off the dynamic lights? I also might have to change the way the item particles work, making them only spawn when they are on the player's sight (although that was also the case in prev version so that's prob not the reason).
User avatar
UnbornDecay25
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:51 am

Re: [WIP2] Thy Blood Konsumed: Vampiric Power Fantasy

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

D3athStalker wrote:Did you try turning off the dynamic lights? I also might have to change the way the item particles work, making them only spawn when they are on the player's sight (although that was also the case in prev version so that's prob not the reason).
No I did a vanilla Doom 2 playthrough with the latest GZ doom and it just runs horribly. Which is strange, I have a powerful pc, able to run Doom 2016 so why the hell does it lag so bad? I'm getting a strange 45 frames fullscreen, and a solid 60 windowed, even at the same resolutions.It makes no sense

So no its not your mod. I dont know what it is, but it isnt your fault


Edit- Okay so I fixed the issue by double checkign my graphics drivers and of course they were pretty badly out of date. (even though I updated them through the Windows control panel). A few bugs I did find were the game tended to lag the first time I used any weapons or picked up a new item, but after it tended to be fine. This happenes in other mods so it may be GZDoom. Something that could be fixed is both Blood Apprentice and Fierce Sorceress were both labled as the default difficulty.

Now the mod is pretty damn good. Though the flies still lag it pretty badly. But cheers bro, mods awesome now. Even if I didnt realize Vampiric Edge on the scythe was supposed to be that weak
User avatar
Spaceman333
Posts: 622
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:40 pm

Re: [WIP2] Thy Blood Konsumed: Vampiric Power Fantasy

Post by Spaceman333 »

This mod is stellar, just blazed through a long playthrough with it. It absolutely nails the power fantasy aspect - even thought most actual held weapons are melee. Never thought a melee focused mod in doom could be so powerful, but it really works. Granted theres the big spell system that is used alongside the melee, but still.

I had myself storm into crowds of demons, slice/smash/stab them into pieces and use the huge variety of spells to just obliterate groups swiftly. Its an awesome experience, even in its WIP state.

My only nitpick would be fire element of spells being brown colored, when I was expecting them to be more bright orange or yellow. Summoning the elemental in firemode makes it look like its made from flaming poo. : D

EDIT: Can you include the forum post with its images and info inside the mod? This information is very valuable, so having it be shipped with the mod package - or even inside the .pk3 - would be helpful. I just re-read the first post and was surprised that I forgot all to use all the altfires for melee weapons, spell upgrades and costs of blood/essences

EDIT2: Also can you display the cost of a weapon altfire/spell in the HUD?
User avatar
MaxRideWizardLord
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: [WIP2] Thy Blood Konsumed: Vampiric Power Fantasy

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

I remember this mod used to have mana regeneration. How do I enable it? Can I have cvar or something, please?
User avatar
Doctrine Gamer
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:22 pm

Re: [WIP2] Thy Blood Konsumed: Vampiric Power Fantasy

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

What a fantastic mod :wub: too bad that it is no longer updated.
Only at WIP is it really fun.
My congratulations to D3athStalker for another masterpiece.
User avatar
D3athStalker
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:45 am
Location: The evil world that is known as Heck

Re: [WIP2] Thy Blood Konsumed: Vampiric Power Fantasy

Post by D3athStalker »

Doctrine Gamer wrote:What a fantastic mod :wub: too bad that it is no longer updated.
Only at WIP is it really fun.
My congratulations to D3athStalker for another masterpiece.
Thanks man. Although I have further plans for this mod but I was too busy working on Doom Incarnate 3.0 during that time. I'm thinking of returning to work on this slowly but surely.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”