Doomreal [1.2]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
KynikossDragonn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Void Linux
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Doomreal [1.2]

Post by KynikossDragonn »

DELTAtheDboi005 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:44 pmHow do you change the weapon positions like in the screenshots? most weapons appear on the left instead of the right for me if that makes sense.
You don't, old screenshots showed the weapons on the right because that's how the models were setup originally during early versions of the mod.

It's not feasible to re-implement the original "Handedness" setting from Unreal in GZDoom because a lot of stuff is static at runtime.

"Left handedness" is how every single weapon, save for a few like the Eightball, were setup in their defaultproperties. All the "Right handedness" did was flip the Y DrawOffset in the games to a negative value.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Thanks for noticing, I'll add a small note clarifying they're old screenshots.
DELTAtheDboi005

Post by DELTAtheDboi005 »

Marisa the Magician wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:30 am Thanks for noticing, I'll add a small note clarifying they're old screenshots.
You're welcome, I guess... Stellar work on this mod regardless!
Artman2004

Post by Artman2004 »

I wonder why they decided to make the weapons right-handed in the final game.
KynikossDragonn
Operating System Version (Optional): Void Linux
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by KynikossDragonn »

Artman2004 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:25 pmI wonder why they decided to make the weapons right-handed in the final game.
No idea honestly, if you look at my previous post not every player model was imported with their data mirror'd so they're right handed instead of left handed.

Marisa has tools to undo that operation so that everybody is universally left handed.
meppycola

Post by meppycola »

despite the allegations i would still like if the right handed models came back thanks

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”