Doomguy´s revenge

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
chaingunner_hell
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Doomguy´s revenge

Post by chaingunner_hell »

Done, it took me quite a while to get it working but now it is solved
NTSM
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NTSM »

chaingunner_hell wrote:Done, it took me quite a while to get it working but now it is solved
My congratulations! :D
I'll take a look at that later. ^^
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

i think i'm gonna use this for a let's play soon. hahaha
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Is this mod completed or not yet? Some dude made a review of your mod:

Basically asking for bigger, better hands; original arch-vile's skin and head for hud; and stacking power upgrades when you pick up same guns (power upgrades) more than once.

But personally I'd wish for this mod to have more weapons and attacks, like insane huge deadly flamethrower with mad radius when fully upgraded, flaming pillars like in doom 3, piercing explosive seeking flaming fireballs like bloodscourge from HeXen, give all of the tire attacks to set enemies on fire with debuff DOT, maybe some more pyrokinesis attacks for the archie, including doom 3's ability to spawn more alies on your side.
chaingunner_hell
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by chaingunner_hell »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Is this mod completed or not yet?
I would say that no, i still want to put more stuff in to this mod.
So first thing that i will point out are the hand sprites, I am terrible at drawing so what i did was to take a close up of the hand of an archvile sprite and scale it up, so if any of you can make one i will be pretty pleased.
Now that you have posted this suggestion i think that i should add more weapons, problem is (again) how do i make the sprites.
MaxRideWizardLord

chaingunner_hell wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Is this mod completed or not yet?
I would say that no, i still want to put more stuff in to this mod.
So first thing that i will point out are the hand sprites, I am terrible at drawing so what i did was to take a close up of the hand of an archvile sprite and scale it up, so if any of you can make one i will be pretty pleased.
Now that you have posted this suggestion i think that i should add more weapons, problem is (again) how do i make the sprites.
Personally I don't care about hands myself, they look fine as they are. There been an mod somewhere from 2008 that had some magical gloves which had the animation of arch-vile's fire dash attack, but unfortunately it's either lost, or burried somewhere along my 2000+ wads folder on old HDD.

As for weapons, you can just copy these from other mods. Just credit the author and you'll be golden.

For example, for flamethrower-like attack you can use some sweet looking, nicely coded and overall badass flamethrower with decent range from BDv21. The only downside is that it's flame falls down on ground, which is born unrealistic and not fun. Just remove the gravity parameter, I think in DECORATE and it should fix the issue. And if you are, for some reason or another, hate Mark so much, regardless of mods he's been producing lately, I would recommend a flamethrower from Arkoe, but I'm not sure if he's post them anywhere on GZDoom community as he mostly post them around Zandronum community. Then there is Volkograd 3D mod with some badass flamethrower is coming to release.

For the fireball, you can use mancubus' fire projectiles and give them splash damage. Then use the code from HeXen's Mage's Bloodscourge's triple ball fire to make these fireballs automatically seek enemies and PIERCE them, which would be something really fitting and awesome for upgraded version of fireballs. In the same BDv21, the mancubus flamecannon also produce splash damage and leave flaming particles when you hit surface. A better version of fireball is in Guncaster's Skullfire, the fireball does small damage if it pass nearby enemies, leave a flaming projectiles on ground for some time on contact with surface, iginites enemies on hit with Debuff DOT effect, makes an VOLUMINOUS explosion on contact (the explosion damage stays for a while, and quickly expands for a second (just like Blood's TNT) unlike just doing a boom damage and be gone) although Skullfire uses some rock sprite for it's projectile, which is unfitting.

For flaming pillars similar like in DOOM 3, you can use one from mod called Hell vs Marine, which is a multiplayer PVP mod that also has Arch-Vile class. Since it's multiplayer PVP mod, it's damage is rather way too weak and range is too short, and so it's width radius. So it's something that should be expanded for your mod that seems to be an Pyromaniac russian overkill replacement.
Now that I think of Hell vs Marine, i do believe it have the hud's sprite animation for it's attacks. I'm not sure since It's been a while since I've played it. If so, you can just use these hud's attack animations if you're pleased with them more.

For the ignition of enemy Debuff Damage-Over-Time effect, which would set enemies on fire with each of the fire-based attack\damage, there are plenty of mods that has it that you'd love to see. Above mentioned Guncaster has ignition fire Debuff which simply set enemies on fire which does constant DOT damage. Last version of Doom Incarnate I do believe also has some kind of Fire DOT Debuff. Oh and also FINAL DOOMER, it has class for WHITEMARE mappack. The WHITEMARE class basically have all of the weapons that could ignite enemies, sooner or later. The cool thing about it is that it has TWO levels of Afterburn. For example, if you set enemy on fire with flamethrower, they'll get red-ish fire Debuff which does constant Damage-Over-Time and eventually fire goes out unless enemy dies first or you keep taping fire over and over to renew the timer; BUT if you burn enemy long enough with flamethrower, they'll get blue-ish fire Debuff which does higher damage over time than red-ish one, and almost never wears off, so it will burn the enemy untill he's a dead roast.

For ability to spawn new foes on your side... I believe it's been done since like 2007 or so. The Aeons of Death mod have it since it's early version 3.0.1 which was released around 2007 or even earlier.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:As for weapons, you can just copy these from other mods. Just credit the author and you'll be golden
IDEALLY you would be asking permission first. Though on that note it's more than a little tacky to be volunteering other people's mods to be ripped from, whether you're encouraging them to give credit or not. Suppose this author wants to do stuff themselves?
MaxRideWizardLord

wildweasel wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:As for weapons, you can just copy these from other mods. Just credit the author and you'll be golden
IDEALLY you would be asking permission first. Though on that note it's more than a little tacky to be volunteering other people's mods to be ripped from, whether you're encouraging them to give credit or not. Suppose this author wants to do stuff themselves?
I just did quickly re-read the rules, but there wasn't said anything about asking permission first being required as necessary. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13893
"Always give credit to everybody whose resources you have used in your .WAD. People do not appreciate having their works put in other's mods without credit to them. If you do not know who to credit, post the resources with missing credits, so that someone else, possibly the original author, can state who made it. (thanks, TheMightyHeracross)"

Well, I guess it's up to chaingunner_hell what he wants to do with his mod, I just guided him where he can take the sprites and attacks from. Obviously copying the whole weapon would not fit his mod, since the main protagonist using his hands with mighty powers as his weapons, but a few lines of codes, and the flame sprites for projectiles that used by these weapon wouldn't harm. After all, this is exactly what chaingunner_hell has asked.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:
wildweasel wrote:
I just did quickly re-read the rules, but there wasn't said anything about asking permission first being required as necessary. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13893
"Always give credit to everybody whose resources you have used in your .WAD. People do not appreciate having their works put in other's mods without credit to them. If you do not know who to credit, post the resources with missing credits, so that someone else, possibly the original author, can state who made it. (thanks, TheMightyHeracross)"
Are you really that dense that every little common sense thing has to be spelled out for you in the rules, or are you smart enough to figure such obvious things out?

We could spend years writing out common sense bullshit. Or you can just use your brain. Or eventually get removed. Those last two options are your choice.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”