NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.3 OUT NOW!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Do you Prefer The Type 99 Nambu or the Type 89 Howa?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Type 89
11
52%
Type 99
10
48%
 
Total votes: 21

User avatar
Neccronixis
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:53 pm

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Post by Neccronixis »

Here are some things for you to consider (but I'm liking what I'm playing):

- Shotgun autofire does not work after after twirling cock animation
- The recoil on the Machine gun is very high
- The flaming skull projectile does not go where the crosshair is pointing - and it doesn't reset back to it's original position (this may be intentional)
- Screen fades to black after death. This makes resurrection gameplay impossible
- I encountered a bug where the SMG firing sound would not stop playing after zero rounds remaining. IDK what caused it or how to replicate it...
- Machine gun firing sound cuts off after emptying magazine
- Idle trigger sound cuts off firing sound when initiated.
- Issues with weapon zoom not resetting after selecting different weapons
- Machine gun smoke is too opaque and obstructs target
- Personal taste here, but the weapon firing sounds were much better in previous version; more crisp, consistent and realistic
- Sprites flicker at the end of full secondary melee sequence
- Pistol is not automatic
- I like how semi auto fire of SMG doesn't produce a muzzle flash - seems more real
User avatar
Joblez_I
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:44 am
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Xen

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Post by Joblez_I »

Neccronixis wrote:Here are some things for you to consider (but I'm liking what I'm playing):

- Shotgun autofire does not work after after twirling cock animation
- The recoil on the Machine gun is very high
- The flaming skull projectile does not go where the crosshair is pointing - and it doesn't reset back to it's original position (this may be intentional)
- Screen fades to black after death. This makes resurrection gameplay impossible
- I encountered a bug where the SMG firing sound would not stop playing after zero rounds remaining. IDK what caused it or how to replicate it...
- Machine gun firing sound cuts off after emptying magazine
- Idle trigger sound cuts off firing sound when initiated.
- Issues with weapon zoom not resetting after selecting different weapons
- Machine gun smoke is too opaque and obstructs target
- Personal taste here, but the weapon firing sounds were much better in previous version; more crisp, consistent and realistic
- Sprites flicker at the end of full secondary melee sequence
- Pistol is not automatic
- I like how semi auto fire of SMG doesn't produce a muzzle flash - seems more real
definitely a useful list, though most weapons are actually not supposed to fire automatically. it's just something i just need to fix the consistency on. there's also new patch for the version 1.0 sounds in 1.1 out now, if you'd prefer to use that.
Someone64
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:59 am

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Post by Someone64 »

2 more bugs: The nambu and arisaka aren't bright when fired in dark places and melee can be done in full auto by holding altfire with the smg out unlike the pistol.

Also forgot to say that I fucking LOVE the feel of this mod. I wish more mods did old fashioned weapons, especially as satisfying as this. I especially love it when they have revolvers and bolt action rifles so this is bloody perfect for me.

EDIT: If you reload the revolver, interrupt the reload with melee, and then fire the revolver becomes full auto.
User avatar
TheEternalStruggler
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:44 am
Location: Elfhelm... waiting for potatoes to get sane again.

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Post by TheEternalStruggler »

This is a bit silly to request, but maybe a handheld double-barrel shotgun would be kinda cool? To replace the Super Shotgun, I mean.

And as for the Chainsaw, I was going to suggest a Odachi (great katana) as a replacement weapon. Since the Sickle Blade already replaces the fists.

The Odachi would be effective for sweeping out a couple of enemies, and would swing a bit slower to compensate for the high damage. This is probably a eh idea, but I figured some type of katana would be cool for a chainsaw replacement.

Ofc, this is just my humble suggestions. I'm no modder or anything like that.

Anyway, I really love the mod. It's great! ^_^
User avatar
chronoteeth
Posts: 2655
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:29 pm

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Post by chronoteeth »

lotta the new gun sounds feel b etter for a trailing effect with the sfx vs the primary. they dont have that snap that they used to.
User avatar
Lime
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 12:31 am
Location: Outside of an Abandoned Building

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Post by Lime »

This Mod is "R E A L L Y good", that's all I have to say. By the way, here are some bugs and tweaks that I Encountered.
BUGS:
- One of the weapons I tested, the Type 26, Nambu, Arisaka, and the PM-9 has the reload bug when the ammo goes 0.
- Cyberdemons uses the 84mm Slug (which is the rocket ammo) as the projectiles. Intentional?
- Revenants Homing Missiles is filled with ricochet sounds. Also Intentional?
- The Message for the Light Armor and Heavy Armor only shows the period when you get it. But it shows on the console.


TWEAKS (Mostly from HUD):
- I see the minimalism of the hud is impressive, but the one thing that bugs me is the ammo count. From the Primary Ammo one of the weapon goes red. easily (red means reload needed).
- Type 26 has 6 full ammo, but it goes red at 5.
- Model 1887 is full at 6, but goes red at 5.
- Gustav misses the primary ammo, even though the total ammo is there. (maybe tweak?)
- Arisaka is already red at full ammo.
- Yorick is already red at full ammo.
But still, it is enjoyable, and I'll keep my eye for updates for this mod. :D
User avatar
Joblez_I
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:44 am
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Xen

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Post by Joblez_I »

Someone64 wrote:2 more bugs: The nambu and arisaka aren't bright when fired in dark places and melee can be done in full auto by holding altfire with the smg out unlike the pistol.

Also forgot to say that I fucking LOVE the feel of this mod. I wish more mods did old fashioned weapons, especially as satisfying as this. I especially love it when they have revolvers and bolt action rifles so this is bloody perfect for me.

EDIT: If you reload the revolver, interrupt the reload with melee, and then fire the revolver becomes full auto.
wow, i really never noticed these bugs until now. just fixed it for 1.2 (which is just gonna be for bug fixes, mostly), didn't see it until now, thanks!
User avatar
Joblez_I
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:44 am
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Xen

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Post by Joblez_I »

Lime wrote:This Mod is "R E A L L Y good", that's all I have to say. By the way, here are some bugs and tweaks that I Encountered.
BUGS:
- One of the weapons I tested, the Type 26, Nambu, Arisaka, and the PM-9 has the reload bug when the ammo goes 0.
- Cyberdemons uses the 84mm Slug (which is the rocket ammo) as the projectiles. Intentional?
- Revenants Homing Missiles is filled with ricochet sounds. Also Intentional?
- The Message for the Light Armor and Heavy Armor only shows the period when you get it. But it shows on the console.


TWEAKS (Mostly from HUD):
- I see the minimalism of the hud is impressive, but the one thing that bugs me is the ammo count. From the Primary Ammo one of the weapon goes red. easily (red means reload needed).
- Type 26 has 6 full ammo, but it goes red at 5.
- Model 1887 is full at 6, but goes red at 5.
- Gustav misses the primary ammo, even though the total ammo is there. (maybe tweak?)
- Arisaka is already red at full ammo.
- Yorick is already red at full ammo.
But still, it is enjoyable, and I'll keep my eye for updates for this mod. :D
so i can explain and am planning to fix a few of these. as an example:

-the cyberdemon firing the 84mm slugs was jsut because i replaced the 'MISL' sprites.

-The ricochet sounds are there because the bullet puff actor is replaced. the revenant's fireball spawns them, therefore it plays the sound.
figured i wouldn't change it since you can hear the revenant ball from farther distances.

-the font i have on the mod just doesn't have japanese characters. i'd like to make my own font at some point but idk how to.

-the HUD has a specific number it considers "low", which is 5. idk how to make it change based on specific weapons. i'm sure i can find out for v1.2.

thanks btw, i'll try to fix those issues.
User avatar
UnbornDecay25
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:51 am

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

Great mod, loved almost everything. Now I just gotta pair this with the Japanese Comunity Project and we're set
User avatar
baddude1337
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:37 pm

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Post by baddude1337 »

Fantastic weapon mod, they all feel super satisfying to use and look great. The Arisaka bolt pull is probably my favourite overall!

Is there any Asian inspired enemy packs out there to go along with this? Or even just a Shadow Warrior enemy mod?
User avatar
EddieMann
Posts: 522
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:25 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Post by EddieMann »

Type 26 could use an updated description.
User avatar
Joblez_I
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:44 am
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Xen

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Post by Joblez_I »

Discovered a review of the mod that I found interesting. Unfortunately, it's in Russian, and I don't speak the language myself. Would anyone be able to give me the gist of the review? It seems quite intricate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bTfi1HAu2k
D4N5T3P
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:06 pm
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Post by D4N5T3P »

Joblez_I wrote:Discovered a review of the mod that I found interesting. Unfortunately, it's in Russian, and I don't speak the language myself. Would anyone be able to give me the gist of the review? It seems quite intricate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bTfi1HAu2k
The author liked pretty much everything about mod, but he would want to see more supernatural powers for the main character like in demonsteele or high noon drifter. Also he hopes you won't abandon this project :wink:
User avatar
cybermeme
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:43 pm

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Post by cybermeme »

im loving this so far! i just have a few nitpicks,
-the revolvers firing sound gets cut off when you shoot it fast enough and when you reload it also stops
-the motion blur looks less like motion blur and more like the sprite has been stretched making it look really weird during gameplay
-a lot of the sprites seem to be of 3d models and look suprisingly good, but it has some black outlines and really rough unclean patches in some places.
-you can continue to reload even after you have no ammo
-when you have no ammo with the sniper you can still pull back the bolt and a casing flys out
-the uzi has the same amount of ammo as the machine gun, but the machine gun has a really big magazine compared to the uzi, so i think it would make sense for it to have more, maybe like 40 or 50 rounds
other than that the mod is fantastic! i just wish there were japanese style maps to play this with
User avatar
Joblez_I
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:44 am
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Xen

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Post by Joblez_I »

cybermeme wrote:im loving this so far! i just have a few nitpicks,
-the revolvers firing sound gets cut off when you shoot it fast enough and when you reload it also stops
-the motion blur looks less like motion blur and more like the sprite has been stretched making it look really weird during gameplay
-a lot of the sprites seem to be of 3d models and look suprisingly good, but it has some black outlines and really rough unclean patches in some places.
-you can continue to reload even after you have no ammo
-when you have no ammo with the sniper you can still pull back the bolt and a casing flys out
-the uzi has the same amount of ammo as the machine gun, but the machine gun has a really big magazine compared to the uzi, so i think it would make sense for it to have more, maybe like 40 or 50 rounds
other than that the mod is fantastic! i just wish there were japanese style maps to play this with
Thanks for the feedback! Some of the features have already been fixed in v1.2 (which should be out very soon, as it's not as major of an update as the first). Though on your point of the MG's ammo capacity, the reason it's 30 is due to the fact the actual Type-99 Nambu had a 30 round magazine, and since it fires different ammunition to the Uzi I figured it wouldn't be an issue. Though I do agree that I think the Type 99 should carry more in the magazine since you have to reload it so regularly. Maybe I'll work around that?

Also, Japan-themed maps to play Naku-Naru with? That's something I'm considering making myself.
Last edited by Joblez_I on Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”