TDBots Mk2 - v1 (11/05/2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
doomfan

Re: TDBots Mk2 - Preview (24/02/2022)

Post by doomfan »

Spoiler: Waypoints and other addons
NOTE: This is not the final version of each noding list. I'm planning on doing the entirety of Doom 1 and 2, some of Heretic and all of duel2015.wad.
Would you consider using doom2020zf.wad (Take the Crown tournament mapset) instead?
duel2020zf_examplenodes.zip
Example auto-generated nodes
(3.63 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

TDRR wrote:an almost total rewrite.
Interesting. Exciting. Image
TDRR wrote:Now with 100% more mod compatibility out of the box, more aiming up and down, and other great changes.
Yes! Very interesting, very exciting. Image
TDRR wrote:Oh, and there's 100% less GZDoom compatibility here, it's officially now a Zandronum bot only.
/Cartoon_deflation_noise. Image

Oh well, I can't blame you but I don't think I even have Zandro on my computer at the moment. It's so out dated and really doesn't do what I want and what I get from GZDoom. Interesting that you mention 100% more mod compatibility, yet the bots now only work on a port that doesn't play the mods that I am interested in.

Oh well. :shrug: I understand your reasoning and I hope that the new bots will do exactly what they are intended to do for those who can use them.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

TDRR wrote:They should work decently in ZDoom, and older L/GZDoom releases, however.
But which was the last LZDoom version with working bots?
TDRR
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/ Manjaro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by TDRR »

doomfan wrote: Would you consider using doom2020zf.wad (Take the Crown tournament mapset) instead?
Maybe, we'll see.
Enjay wrote:Interesting that you mention 100% more mod compatibility, yet the bots now only work on a port that doesn't play the mods that I am interested in.
Well, it very much is a correct statement either way, before the only GZDoom mods supported were like 2 at best, so not exactly a big loss on that end. The TDBots can indeed play the vast majority of Zandronum-compatible mods without any sort of compatibility patch at all now. Those also happen to be the only mods I'm interested in, because I don't use GZDoom myself :p
Enjay wrote:Oh well. :shrug: I understand your reasoning and I hope that the new bots will do exactly what they are intended to do for those who can use them.
Sorry to disappoint, but I promise I'll do my best to make up for that. If everything works out GZDoom will have it's own bots and won't need an external one anymore (though at that point it'd be easy to support GZDoom with no loss in features on the TDBots side, it just won't be as necessary).
drfrag wrote:But which was the last LZDoom version with working bots?
I need to test and pinpoint that. But I do remember GZD series 3.x had working bots, and the times I tested with LZDoom everything seemed to be fine too. Need to retest again to confirm.
Netheritor

Post by Netheritor »

Let's see if it will work with clusterf* in the future.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

Netheritor wrote:Let's see if it will work with clusterf* in the future.
It doesn't already? The new preview version is universal, and it should work for the most part. If it doesn't, what's the issue here?
NoahStratos
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by NoahStratos »

This mod (TDBots Mk2 Preview via Zandronum) has potential to be the best replacement for Zandronum's vanilla bots: but there is one major problem that prevents me from actually using it at the moment – it does not support vanilla Zandronum chatfiles/chatlumps from other pk3/wads and instead uses generic strings found (I assume) in TDB_Chat.acs.

This is especially a problem for MM8BDM despite support of all its vanilla weapons since it uses copious amounts of chat lumps via .txt files for its bots, which may include special chat substitution commands such as $player_inlead. (the game's bots use the HUMANBOT script) Having such generic scripts for unique bots made of established video game characters is really jarring and muddies my experience with said Doom mod with both it and your bot mod enabled.

In essence chatlump support for chat strings found in vanilla Zandronum bots and other bot command capabilities should be added thusly:
Spoiler:
Hopefully you got all that information and hopefully you address this big issue.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

I probably won't go back to the vanilla Zandronum system for this, sorry. I got rid of it on purpose, it's brutally slow and is the number one cause for performance issues with the original bots, and for no real gain at all in my opinion.

I added some new BotScript functions for Zandronum 3.2, and a couple of them should make it reasonably possible to make this feature toggle able via a CVAR. If the performance hit from adding the option is negligible, I'll add it in. But even then it'll absolutely be off by default.
mrgyv

Post by mrgyv »

Thank you for good job! I play in QCDE.
What are the best settings to apply to last version?

Now I play with this settings:
TDBotsV26cZan.pk3
QCDEv2.7.pk3
qcdemaps2.7.pk3
TDBots-QCDE-P1.pk3
TDBots-QCDE-P2.pk3

I need QCDE-P1.pk3 and QCDE-P2.pk3?

Maby I can play with this settings?
TDBotsMk2_PREVIEW.pk3
QCDEv2.7.pk3
qcdemaps2.7.pk3

And i don't find button for Allow bot order. How can I open this options?
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

mrgyv wrote:Thank you for good job! I play in QCDE.
What are the best settings to apply to last version?

Maby I can play with this settings?
TDBotsMk2_PREVIEW.pk3
QCDEv2.7.pk3
qcdemaps2.7.pk3
Remember to pick up the QCDE waypoints addon, to improve how they move on QCDE's maps. Other than that, mod load order is unimportant now and you should be able to put them in any order you want.
Here's the link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/euhgirp2 ... s.pk3/file
It's under "Waypoints and other addons" in the first post.
mrgyv wrote:And i don't find button for Allow bot order. How can I open this options?
In this current version it's non-existent. Don't worry though, I've added it back for the next version, I've just been busy and unable to test it properly, but it's nearly ready for release.
mrgyv

Post by mrgyv »

TDRR wrote:
In this current version it's non-existent. Don't worry though, I've added it back for the next version, I've just been busy and unable to test it properly, but it's nearly ready for release.
Thank you very mutch for waypoint!
I don't find a few settings:
-easy mod
-reaction time
-bot teleport
-enable bo ai
-TD bots follow player

I play from delta touch and PC. From mobile very difficult play vs bot. How I can do bot more easy?
When do I play in corporate very what a buttons:
-Move forward to the point (For elevators, platforms and assault)
-Hold the position
yum13241
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by yum13241 »

Google "Aim Assist mod for GZDoom" if you use GZDoom. Oh, try using a controller, or hell even a keyboard and mouse set on Android 8 and higher.
mrgyv

Post by mrgyv »

yum13241 wrote:Google "Aim Assist mod for GZDoom" if you use GZDoom. Oh, try using a controller, or hell even a keyboard and mouse set on Android 8 and higher.
Thanks bro. But I want play in bus. Auto aim is cool. But If I want kill all bots without problems, I play from PC. Because when am playing from PC, I play more better then bots :D :D :D
But I what play for pleasure from mobile too. Without mouse and joystick. I want take my phone and playing when am I have a time and in any place.

For mobile this bots is very difficalt. But this bots is working more faster then another. Mobile phone does not lag with them. I can add 10 or more bots and play without freeze. That's why this bots is the best bots for playing from mobile for my opinion. And If we will have a setting for play from any devices and any "gaming level play" would be the best solution.

I play in zandronum :) :) :) Because sometimes I play with friends online. I don't know if there is a difference between zandronum and GZDoom. That's why I decided to always play on zandronum.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

mrgyv wrote: I don't find a few settings:
-easy mod
-reaction time
-bot teleport
-enable bo ai
-TD bots follow player
Easy mode won't return, it's now the botskill CVAR (and IIRC it's on the menu under the name of "bot aiming accuracy"), which is basically the same but much more flexible.

Reaction time and the Bot AI toggle also won't be coming back (the latter is completely useless, and the former doesn't matter now that the lowest botskill will make them miss basically all their shots).

Bot teleport is already back in for the next version, and TDBots follow players should be in the preview already? At least I don't recall removing that, unless I'm wrong and I just reimplemented that on the next version and not the currently released one.
mrgyv

Post by mrgyv »

TDRR wrote:Reaction time and the Bot AI toggle also won't be coming back (the latter is completely useless, and the former doesn't matter now that the lowest botskill will make them miss basically all their shots).
Maybe do I some thing wrong?
When I play from PC, I win for score 10/3(aiming accuracy 4). When I play from mobile, I lose for score 4/20 (aiming accuracy 0).
Time reaction player on PC is better, then mobile player. When you play from phone, you see worse. You turn around slower. Press the button on screen worse, then press the button on mouse.
Mobile player need more indulgences.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”