Lt. Typhon v6: massive guns

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
InfinityPilot

Re: Lt. Typhon v6: massive guns

Post by InfinityPilot »

Lt Typhon is such a fun mod and Typhon herself is such a great character, that I just had to include her in my Doom fanfic "Day of Wrath"!

I've included her as part of the Forsworn, a rogue faction of warriors that hunt demons in Hell, "without ties to God or man."
In case you're curious, the other warriors are (from left to right and top to bottom) Hennya the Demon Warframe (by artist daemonstar), Cygnis Flaynithere the Guncaster (from the Doom mod of the same name by Pillowblaster), Noble 6 from Halo Reach, the Champion from Amid Evil, V1 from Ultrakill, and Wolf from Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

Artist was the talented Substance20

And you can read my story here.
Last edited by InfinityPilot on Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

I should note that while Typhon's appearance in this fic isn't canon to the mod, her attitude and manner of speaking are spot on lol
Infinitypilot did a fine job, as did Substance20 with that pic there.
Unregret
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 9+1

Post by Unregret »

Great mod! I love her fearless gratitude. Do you consider to update this mod even further, there are few things you can keep in mind:
- Better weapon skin (less stretched) and smoother weapons/barrel pick-up animation. I found the pistol and rocket launcher to be less attractive-looking weapons. (Maybe I play too much Brutal Doom mods).
- Update weapons' positions such as minigun and other weapons, they almost feel like aim higher than supposed to be.
- A better HUD is also good.
BTW, your companion mod is hilarious and already perfect.
About Gloom Buster mod, a separated texture pack would be great too.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

I'm not planning on updating the mod, I do wanna make another mod starring the character at some point though. If you wanna reskin the weapons yourself to suit your tastes then that'd be cool, I always enjoy seeing folks customize mods like that. I'd recommend using some of Sonik O Fan's sprites as a starting point, that's what I do nowdays cuz they're really solid and easy to edit.
That all being said though, I could totally do another lil QOL update sometime
Unregret

Post by Unregret »

Skelegant wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:43 pm I'm not planning on updating the mod, I do wanna make another mod starring the character at some point though. If you wanna reskin the weapons yourself to suit your tastes then that'd be cool, I always enjoy seeing folks customize mods like that. I'd recommend using some of Sonik O Fan's sprites as a starting point, that's what I do nowdays cuz they're really solid and easy to edit.
That all being said though, I could totally do another lil QOL update sometime
I have zero idea how to do this (not even a modder). But knowing this "can" be updated is great (not ignored); still better than none.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

I found a bug. If you pick up the auto mag gun, it doesn't appear in the player's inventory.
Unregret

Post by Unregret »

Bobby wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:29 pm I found a bug. If you pick up the auto mag gun, it doesn't appear in the player's inventory.
I play with latest GZdoom 4.10.0, nothing wrong with automag. All items/weapons show properly with Gearbox wheel function.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”