Pain sounds don't play

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Pain sounds don't play

Postby olzhas1one » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:29 am

I'm trying to add an enemy to my mod and I used the default shotgunguy code, but his pain sounds dont work at all. I tried re-writing the PainSound thing, changed the SNDINFO code, I tried changing the sound's format, even completely rewriting the entire actor - NOTHING WORKED. I give up, I don't know what to do, I'm clueless. Here's the code:

DECORATE:

PainSound "sherrifpain"

SNDINFO

sherrifpain sherrifpain (I tried giving it both the same names - no result. It didnt work with different definitions neither)

I would send the entire code, but we have no WiFi right now, so I have to send this from my phone and not directly from PC. Please help guys, this is driving me nuts
olzhas1one

Discord: olzhas1one #1997

Re: Pain sounds don't play

Postby olzhas1one » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:30 am

Forgot to add: I didn't touch the pain code for the monster, and A_PlaySound didn't work either. I'm using the latest GZDoom version and this has happened to me before
olzhas1one

Discord: olzhas1one #1997

Re: Pain sounds don't play

Postby Blue Shadow » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:45 am

Try shortening the name of the sound file/lump so that it's 8 characters or less in length (don't forget to update the SNDINFO accordingly).
Blue Shadow

Return to Assets (and other stuff)