Xim's Star Wars Doom - Updated (MAY/4/2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Fureyon

Re: Xim's Star Wars Doom - Update (4/2/20)

Post by Fureyon »

I always keep a bunch of older versions of GZdoom and I think I might have linked to the wrong version in ZDL, running on GZDoom 4.3.3 it works flawlessly, sorry for the blunder... :oops:
Xim

Re: Xim's Star Wars Doom - Update (4/6/20)

Post by Xim »

BUG FIX UPDATE
DEMP-2 weapon wasn't set up for Jedi and Trooper classes, disabling the player from switching weapons, should be fixed now.

EDIT: Weapons only has been fixed too.
NecroPoster

Post by NecroPoster »

The onedrive link for full mod might need an update.
Xim

Post by Xim »

NecroPoster wrote:The onedrive link for full mod might need an update.
Strange, the file seemed to have disappeared. I think I accidentally deleted it while trying to get rid of something else. Should be fixed now.
r&r

Post by r&r »

try to play the space wars map
and I get this error
"R_InstallSprite: Sprite SITH frame F is missing rotations"
Xim

Post by Xim »

r&r wrote:try to play the space wars map
and I get this error
Are you serious? Why the heck does that bug keep coming back? I thought I fixed it. Was this the OneDrive or ModDB download?
r&r

Post by r&r »

Xim wrote:
r&r wrote:try to play the space wars map
and I get this error
Are you serious? Why the heck does that bug keep coming back? I thought I fixed it. Was this the OneDrive or ModDB download?
i just downloaded it from the onedrive link
Pachira

Post by Pachira »

If possible it'd be cool if you added a new hud for this mod, one like the hud you have in the Dark Forces series.
Tribal

Post by Tribal »

Anyone here still have the "Escape From Jabba's Palace" map made by reflex17?

I followed the link provided on the the first post, but that page doesn't have any download options, just some info and screenshots :(
Yebudoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Yebudoom »

Tribal wrote:Anyone here still have the "Escape From Jabba's Palace" map made by reflex17?

I followed the link provided on the the first post, but that page doesn't have any download options, just some info and screenshots :(
I got it by PM-ing the author on the Doomworld forums. He doesn't mind sharing it privately, but for some reason he just won't upload it for the general audience, at least for the time being.

Oh, and Tribal: does it mean that you're going to record some Doom gameplay for a change? :mrgreen: Apart from Z-Rift, of course.
Tribal

Post by Tribal »

I got it by PM-ing the author on the Doomworld forums. He doesn't mind sharing it privately, but for some reason he just won't upload it for the general audience, at least for the time being.
Thanks! I'll try PM-ing him! :D
Oh, and Tribal: does it mean that you're going to record some Doom gameplay for a change?
Yes! Yesterday i saw a Jedi Knight's video on youtube and it made me remember how cool that game was! So now I want to play some Doom's StarWars custom maps/mods for my channel :D
Yebudoom

Post by Yebudoom »

Tribal wrote:Thanks! I'll try PM-ing him! :D
No problemo, I hope it works out for you.
Tribal wrote:Yes! Yesterday i saw a Jedi Knight's video on youtube and it made me remember how cool that game was! So now I want to play some Doom's StarWars custom maps/mods for my channel :D
Sweet! Gonna take a look when you do :)
Xim

Post by Xim »

Hey everyone. I've been working on a new update, sorry I couldn't get it ready for May 4th. It's nothing too major right now, but I managed to get weapons to stay visible while using force powers. I'll try and get it ready by later tonight.

Oh yeah and I'd be down to watch somebody do a play through video/stream. Feel free to send me a PM for anything related to that. Just be careful with the music I guess.
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Xim wrote:Oh yeah and I'd be down to watch somebody do a play through video/stream. Feel free to send me a PM for anything related to that. Just be careful with the music I guess.
Suggestion to any would-be streamers here: Play FreeDOOM with no music mod loaded. Just Xim's Star Wars mod.
Yebudoom

Post by Yebudoom »

Xim wrote:Just be careful with the music I guess.
openroadracer wrote:Suggestion to any would-be streamers here: Play FreeDOOM with no music mod loaded. Just Xim's Star Wars mod.
You guys think it's that bad with the Star Wars music? As in, YT's content ID system will give me trouble if I record a vid with midi SW music? Are we talking demonetization or blocking a vid entirely?

I know Disney is stingy, but come on. OTOH, there are vids on YT with Star Wars games and the music is there...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”