Hi and thanks for your comments. The sounds have been mentioned before, I felt uneasy using all the infected sounds from Left 4 Dead, mabye valve would not look to kindly upon this since Left 4 Dead is still a popular game and not that old... I could probably find better sounds for the special infected but at some point I just had to get it out so I used a lot from Quake and Blood which I found decent.Mere_Duke wrote:First of all, I like what I see. And a warm thank you from a big fan of L4D!
A quick thoughts:
- Why the Witch death sound not the one from L4D but the death sound from Blood's Gargoyle?
- Again, Spitter uses Blood's Bloated Butcher attack sound
- Tank should prefer melee over rock throwing attacks; and push a player far away with punches
- Smoker should pull player with his tongue
- Hunter should be able to climb walls and ceilings
etc etc I think you know all of these yourself (there are so many more features that'd be cool to have; I don't think you need a list of them), just need time to implement it all. Keep it up!
The tank is indeed a little bit too likely to throw concrete slabs. He needs to be a little bit faster too IMHO. Knocking back with his attack is a good idea. So far, he is not too dangerous and acts more like a bullet sponge. The most dangerous enemy is probably the spitter.
Coding a grappling attack for the smoker is something I try to avoid as much as I can because I know it will involve lots of research and trial & error, although in the end I guess it has to be....
The same goes for the hunter.