Rowdy Rudy's Revenge - 10 maps for single player/co-op

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Rowdy Rudy's Revenge - 10 maps for single player/co-op

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Saw a used "Them or Us" Zappa vinyl on a store. 1984, not too cheap, i'd say, but i prefered to wait opinions. Is it a good album? Sorry for derailing.
ReX

Post by ReX »

How much is "not too cheap"? Thirty bucks? (My view of vinyl, despite owning dozens of them, is they are easily damaged or subject to warping. Plus, I think they are gimmicky. I'm holding on to my stash in the event they become collector's items some day. "Kind of Blue", anyone?)

If you are a collector, then I suppose you might consider shelling out that type of dinero. Otherwise, simply buy it on CD for much less money. Or even just pay for & download the 3 or 4 really good songs: Whippin' Post (Allman Bros cover); Stevie's Spanking (guitar solos by Steve Via & Dweezil Zappa); Ya Hozna (a weird but cool twist on "Sofa" from another album); and Sharleena.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

More or less like that. Conversion to dollars given, it costs something like 35 bucks.

The problem ain't being the price, but the fact that some stores around here jumped on the "collector" bandwagon and don't really mind putting a $50 dollars stamp on a album by a famous band, not minding if it is a good one or if it still has a good shape. Example: some stores selling a old and barely preserved "Hot Space" by band Queen (my least favorite album, saved only Under Pressure) for some spicy 40$.

It's like you are paying for the privilege of having a vinyl disc.

P.S.: i also do that =p My rarest thing here is a Johann Strauss "Die Fledermaus", or "The Bat" song recorded on vinyl by the london (Zurich, sorry) orchaestra or something, from 1954~1956 (not specified). I might take a photo someday.

Return to “Levels”