Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.01 HOTFIX

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
EvilManiMani
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.01 HOTFIX

Post by EvilManiMani »

I ended up making a few modifications for my own use that others might be interested in:
• Merged unique gib death animations from Smooth Doom
• Merged unique gib chunks for the Cacodemon, also from Smooth Doom (including only spawning a single eyeball for each gibbed Caco :wink:)
• Added option for SSG gibbing lesser enemies at close range (from, yep, you guessed it, Smooth Doom)
• Added option for BFG Tracers to always gib lesser enemies
• Added option for rockets & splash damage to always gib enemies
• Direct BFG hit will always gib enemies (mostly affects big guys)
• Integrated Nash's cblood addon, to add blue Caco blood, and green blood/gibs for the Hell Knight/Baron
• Stringy/squishy gibs that appear when gibs are crushed are working again

Hopefully this tides folks over till the next official release.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V9efIc ... share_link
Last edited by EvilManiMani on Tue May 09, 2023 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
eldarionMfp

Post by eldarionMfp »

EvilManiMani wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:59 pm I ended up making a few modifications for my own use that others might be interested in:
• Merged unique gib death animations from Smooth Doom
• Merged unique gib chunks for the Cacodemon, also from Smooth Doom (including only spawning a single eyeball for each gibbed Caco :wink:)
• Added option for SSG gibbing lesser enemies at close range (from, yep, you guessed it, Smooth Doom)
• Added option for BFG Tracers to always gib lesser enemies
• Added option for rockets & splash damage to always gib enemies
• Direct BFG hit will always gib enemies (mostly affects big guys)
• Integrated Nash's cblood addon, to add blue Caco blood, and green blood/gibs for the Hell Knight/Baron
• Stringy/squishy gibs that appear when gibs are crushed are working again

Hopefully this tides folks over till the next official release.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V9efIc ... share_link
Hi EvilManiMani. Does this work with custom monsters? I'm asking because using your mod turns all my custom monsters to the defaults. I have no issues with the original Nashs Gore Mod Vengeance Edition or with Bolognese Gore Mod.
EvilManiMani
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by EvilManiMani »

Unfortunately not, specifically due to the addition of gibbing behaviors it has to replace the monsters. That I suppose was part of the appeal of Nash's mod and Bolognese though is that they don't replace any monsters or weapons and so were "universal" as a result, though that also limits what they can do to a certain degree. If you just load your own mods after the modified nashgore they should work again. I've only dabbled with the modding system but that does seem to be the one major downside, in that you can only replace actors once, and only the most recent replacement gets loaded.
eldarionMfp

Post by eldarionMfp »

Thank you for the clarification EvilManiMani.
Xtor98
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Xtor98 »

EvilManiMani, your mod, which have "SSG gib" cvar on latest pre-4.11, for some reason, it considers all weapons as Super Shotgun, respectively, even with pistol at point-blank range monsters are blown to pieces. Of course it reminds me of Doom 2016, but in my opinion this should not be here)
Arnalaxi

Post by Arnalaxi »

The mod just doesn't work, I loaded it last using ZDL, i even loaded it on its own but it still doesn't work, I just started modding idk what I'm doing wrong
DrR0Ck
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by DrR0Ck »

What ever happened to the 1.1 release? I got the impression it was being tested and reasonably far along in development.
[]Dot

Post by []Dot »

I made some more update to my gore mod which uses Nash code and somebody else code as base. I did some several edits of my own too, but basically it works for all custom monsters as I tried out, I fixed a handful of bugs and included some minor new features. When you use a plasma or fire weapons you can burn down enemies now.

Download Link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link
Casualfan

Post by Casualfan »

Hey Nash! I was just wondering if your excellent gore mod works with other source ports, specifically Vavoom. I'm wanting to try the Korax mod for Hexen but using melee weapons has so little punch with the default blood effects haha. If yours doesn't work with Vavoom, do you by chance know of a gore mod that does?
Nash

Post by Nash »

Proud to announce my collaboration with Daniel "Cheello" Peterson to create the OFFICIAL VOXEL ADD-ON for NashGore!

Also - new NashGore? It may be closer than you think (stay tuned)
Nash

Post by Nash »

Casualfan wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:15 pm Hey Nash! I was just wondering if your excellent gore mod works with other source ports, specifically Vavoom. I'm wanting to try the Korax mod for Hexen but using melee weapons has so little punch with the default blood effects haha. If yours doesn't work with Vavoom, do you by chance know of a gore mod that does?
NashGore only works with GZDoom as I'm using GZDoom features exclusively for it.
cosmos10040
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by cosmos10040 »

[]Dot wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:05 am I made some more update to my gore mod which uses Nash code and somebody else code as base. I did some several edits of my own too, but basically it works for all custom monsters as I tried out, I fixed a handful of bugs and included some minor new features. When you use a plasma or fire weapons you can burn down enemies now.

Download Link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link
Interesting, but the blood spurts are too large and exploding Gibs on are enormous. I put all values to bottom and still getting blood baths.
[]Dot

Post by []Dot »

cosmos10040 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:52 pm Interesting, but the blood spurts are too large and exploding Gibs on are enormous. I put all values to bottom and still getting blood baths.
Welp. I think I should clean up this mod a bit more, fix the CVar values and see if I can get other bugs fixed. I should have mentioned it was mostly a quick hackjob because I wanted from Nashgore mod 2 features, a univseral blood color translation thing (as long monsters have the values for the blood color set) and destructible corpses which I took from universal gibs mod or whatever it was named. Sorry for the trouble.
cosmos10040
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by cosmos10040 »

[]Dot wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:19 am
cosmos10040 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:52 pm Interesting, but the blood spurts are too large and exploding Gibs on are enormous. I put all values to bottom and still getting blood baths.
Welp. I think I should clean up this mod a bit more, fix the CVar values and see if I can get other bugs fixed. I should have mentioned it was mostly a quick hackjob because I wanted from Nashgore mod 2 features, a univseral blood color translation thing (as long monsters have the values for the blood color set) and destructible corpses which I took from universal gibs mod or whatever it was named. Sorry for the trouble.
It works pretty good for a quick job you did, other than the explosions.

[streamable]https://streamable.com/b2ldog[/streamable]
Nash

Post by Nash »

Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition is now known as NashGore NEXT.

Coming soon!

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”