[Polish stage!] Hell Caliber

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Slightly less WIP] Hell Caliber

Postby Samarai1000 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:45 pm

Get Phobo wrote:*boom*

Uh, while my mod isn't very balanced to begin with, I feel something like that wouldn't work too well for gameplay. Sorry.
Samarai1000

Postby elCreyo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:09 pm

Thanks for fixing the ssg. Now it feels good.
elCreyo
elanimator

Discord: elanimator#3831
Twitch ID: elcreyo

Postby Samarai1000 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:39 am

elCreyo wrote:*chick, chock, chick*

I'm glad to hear that was enough to make it worth using!

Sorry for bumping again, but a new update has been released, this time hopefully substantial enough to warrant a bump. Highlights of it are reworking of your fisticuffs, the shoving-in of Enjay's Splash.pk3 for fancy water/sewage effects, an added 'quick kick' to all weapons, and more alternative death animations for many enemies.

Lowlights are me needing to clean up redundant/now-unused code from the fist rework. :?
Samarai1000

Re: [Polish stage!] Hell Caliber

Postby Samarai1000 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:26 am

Welp, I suppose the mod is basically complete now, at least for what I presently have planned. Still rough around the edges, but much more far along then it was before. I can't thank you guys enough for your feedback, criticism, and just generally being great. There's a dumb trailer up at the first post, mostly just because I felt it'd be boring to just say "hey, here it is" even if the trailer itself is pretty damn embarrassing. Here's a very bad changelog, copied from the main post:

Spoiler:
Samarai1000

Postby Vostyok » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:13 am

[polish stage]
I completely misread that, and assumed you were making a bonus map set in Kraków. Now I'm disappointed.

I will have a play of this when you are done. It's becoming one of my favourite weapon mods.
Vostyok
Working with Doombuilder almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Discord: Vostyok#3164

Postby DabbingSquidward » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:27 am

@Sanarai1000
Sorry for bringing this up again, but you still need to get rid of SPF_INTERPOLATE in the weapons, otherwise it causes issues without mouse smoothing.

Other than that, great to see a new update :)
DabbingSquidward

Postby LossForWords » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:01 am

never thought i'd see the day a doom mod trailer uses a fatboy slim song. good choice btw.
LossForWords
your friendly neighborhood друг.

Postby Get Phobo » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:11 am

Vostyok wrote:[polish stage]
I completely misread that, and assumed you were making a bonus map set in Kraków. Now I'm disappointed.
:lol:

Well, the Wawel castle hasn't been made a map for Doom yet. Perhaps someone would like to do it? Here's an old floor plan.
Get Phobo

Postby Get Phobo » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:12 am

Vostyok wrote:[polish stage]
:lol:

Well, the Wawel castle hasn't been made a map for Doom yet. Perhaps someone would like to do it? Here's a page with an old floor plan.
Get Phobo

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods