josh771's AI Director

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Bigbad75
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: josh771's AI Director

Post by Bigbad75 »

How do I download This
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Bigbad75 wrote:How do I download This
Follor the Github link and download the dirst zip file under Assets. This is the archive you have to load with GZDoom.
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

Bigbad75 wrote:How do I download This
If you are using the latest GZDoom, download Slade 3 and follow Caligari87's directions and copy and paste those lines of codes over the appropriate ones, IF the latest GitHub hasn't been updated with the fix yet, it might work right after downloading the zip file. By the way, thank you very much Caligari87 8-)
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

My fix has been added to the master branch a month ago, though there was no release to go with it.

Download this and load it into GZDoom same as a .wad or .pk3, don't unzip.
https://github.com/JRHard771/AI-Directo ... master.zip

(I have used my moderator powers to add a note to the main post and hopefully avoid any confusion, as Josh seems to have gone on temporary hiatus again).

8-)
Turin Turambar

Post by Turin Turambar »

Thanks for the fix, I just discovered this mod and it's pretty well done. In special, I like it to use with stuff like Sunder (beautiful maps) to turn them from slaughter maps to combat heavy maps.
BigDingus3000

Post by BigDingus3000 »

Hey, I am the big dumb and not sure how to get this working -- I usually just run stuff in a .bat like -file AI-Director-master.zip but I can't tell if it's working or not -- where might the settings menu for this mod be? Either I'm blind (good possibility cus am n00b) or it's not working right lol thanks a ton hope I'm not being a bother
Dragunov408

Post by Dragunov408 »

Unfortunately, the Director really does not work with Nashgore. At least for me. After i disabled Project Brutality it starts working again.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

This is cool, about the stuck monsters in walls it's an engine limitation and it happened in vanilla too. In ZDoom monsters can get out of walls and things but my guess is you have used a random angle for them and not the angle of the original monsters, they usually face away from walls. But they can also get stuck in dropoffs, there's code from MBF? to allow them to get out too but AFAIK it never worked. In this case you'd need to prevent the spawn.
If i knew those functions were exported to ZScript probably i wouldn't have ported the native doublespawn feature, but it's fun and not really intrusive anyway. :)
Dan_The_Noob

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

was playing with this, it's a neat little mess around. it's a lot of fun with Brutal doom and things like that which are more on the "power fantasy" side.

only feedback i can give is to try remove barrels or at least lower the rate they populate in enemy piles as it can make it REALLY easy to get a pile of enemies with 1 or 2 barrels in the mix.
fcas3t

Post by fcas3t »

I'm the author of the Dynamic Enemy Reinforcements (DER) mod, which is a fork of AID.

This post explains several bugs in the AID code that are now fixed in DER. I want to give back, because even though I don't use AID at all (it's not a style of gameplay that interests me), I very much appreciate Josh771's code; without it, DER wouldn't exist.

I'll be referring to the current version of the AID Zscript code on Github.

Lines 58 to 117 of that code are the Nudge and Spawn functions, which have these problems:

1. Missing check for clipping on line 98. This was actually fixed in DER today! See this thread for details.

2. But the if block starting on line 98 needs to be moved. Or, rather, the call of Nudge on line 112 should be moved. Either way, the if block needs to be after the final call of SetOrigin. This is the only way to catch all potential spawn problems.

3. The SetOrigin call on line 94 should be moved after Nudge (while remaining before the moved If block of item #2 above).

4. The Nudge function is somewhat bloated and neglects to return after any SetOrigin. I improved that code a lot.

For anyone interested in patching the AID code, I recommend referring to the SpawnOneAt function of my DER code.
thugsta

Post by thugsta »

fcas3t wrote:I'm the author of the Dynamic Enemy Reinforcements (DER) mod, which is a fork of AID.

This post explains several bugs in the AID code that are now fixed in DER. I want to give back, because even though I don't use AID at all (it's not a style of gameplay that interests me), I very much appreciate Josh771's code; without it, DER wouldn't exist.

I'll be referring to the current version of the AID Zscript code on Github.

Lines 58 to 117 of that code are the Nudge and Spawn functions, which have these problems:

1. Missing check for clipping on line 98. This was actually fixed in DER today! See this thread for details.

2. But the if block starting on line 98 needs to be moved. Or, rather, the call of Nudge on line 112 should be moved. Either way, the if block needs to be after the final call of SetOrigin. This is the only way to catch all potential spawn problems.

3. The SetOrigin call on line 94 should be moved after Nudge (while remaining before the moved If block of item #2 above).

4. The Nudge function is somewhat bloated and neglects to return after any SetOrigin. I improved that code a lot.

For anyone interested in patching the AID code, I recommend referring to the SpawnOneAt function of my DER code.
Sorry for the bump but, Can you post this temporary fix for the AI Director so people can get a current working version until josh771 returns, it will help people use this without farting around with the code.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

@fcas3t Since AID is on GitHub, why don't you make a PR? That would be easier than messing with the code.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”