Toggleable Turbo Button Script For Autofire, now for GZdoom!

Please do not mimic the behavior of the posts shown here.

Moderator: Developers

Toggleable Turbo Button Script For Autofire, now for GZdoom!

Postby MaxRideWizardLord » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:24 am

Hello people of ZDoom forum.

Are you tired of heartlessly smashing your computer mouse buttons till your fingers start bleeding, and then buying new computer mouse over and over because of how often some fancy mods like demonsteele requires way too much intense clicking? Not anymore!

I'd like to introduce you to my toggleable turbo button mod for autofire that works both for primary attack and alt attack and is quite smooth, now on GZDoom!

Code: Select allExpand view
Name=toggleautofire
Command=toggleautofireon
Name=toggleautofireon
Command=bind mouse1 "+autoattack";bind mouse2 "+autoaltattack";echo "auto-attack on";alias toggleautofire toggleautofireoff"
Name=toggleautofireoff
Command=bind mouse1 "+attack";bind mouse2 "+altattack";echo "auto-attack off";alias toggleautofire toggleautofireon"
Name=+autoattack
Command=alias autoattack_fire "+attack;wait;-attack;wait;autoattack_fire";wait;autoattack_fire
Name=-autoattack
Command=alias autoattack_fire ""
Name=+autoaltattack
Command=alias autoaltattack_fire "+altattack;wait;-altattack;wait;autoaltattack_fire";wait;autoaltattack_fire
Name=-autoaltattack
Command=alias autoaltattack_fire ""

Compatible with all of the iwads!

Just copy the text in the quotes, open your gzdoom-[username].ini in your latest GZDoom folder, and paste it under your [Doom.ConsoleAliases] paragraph (use ctrl+f if you struggle to find it), or [Hexen\Strife\Heretic\etc.ConsoleAliases] if you want this script to work in other games as well. Click "Save the Changes" and now you have the script installed. Make sure you're not in the game while doing this process, though.

After you've done that, you can simple bind the "toggleautofire" command to any of your buttons through the console. For example - write "bind mouse3 toggleautofire" if you want to bind it to middle wheel mouse button. So now you have it!

Once you push the button you bind with "toggleautofire", at the left top of the screen it will say "auto-attack on", means your left and right mouse buttons are now turbo. If you push the binded button with the "toggleautofire", it will say "auto-attack off", and your left and right mouse button will be set back to default +attack and +altattack with default attack mode.

I've made it to be a toggleable button for a good reason, so in case you have normal classic computer mouse and normal classic keyboard, you wouldn't have much of extra buttons in order to bind this thing. However, in case you have quite expensive mouse with lots of extra buttons, you can bind the turbo attacks to them separately:
+autoattack for primary fire and
+autoaltattack for secondary fire.

I know, I've made similar thread in Zandronum forums that you can find here, but the code in that thread is different from this one as the Zandronum had, and still have, the infamous "wait +1" bug. I've tired to wait untill Zandronum developers fix this issue in their latest official build, so I decided to make the official turbo button mod for GZDoom instead, and as you can see, with a fixed code.
Last edited by MaxRideWizardLord on Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
MaxRideWizardLord
Banned User
for 6 days, 21 hours

Re: Toggleable Turbo Button Script For Autofire, now for GZd

Postby Blue Shadow » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:47 am

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Are you tired of heartlessly smashing your computer mouse buttons till your fingers start bleeding, and then buying new computer mouse over and over because of how often some crappy mods like demonsteele requires way too much intense clicking?

I'd really appreciate that you don't bash other people's work by calling them crappy and whatnot.
Blue Shadow

Postby MaxRideWizardLord » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:49 am

Blue Shadow wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Are you tired of heartlessly smashing your computer mouse buttons till your fingers start bleeding, and then buying new computer mouse over and over because of how often some crappy mods like demonsteele requires way too much intense clicking?

I'd really appreciate that you don't bash other people's work by calling them crappy and whatnot.

That was joke as I've spoke with TerminusEst13 a while back and he wasn't angry or against it. But fine, I can change it to "fancy" if you'd like.
MaxRideWizardLord
Banned User
for 6 days, 21 hours

Postby TerminusEst13 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:21 am

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:That was joke as I've spoke with TerminusEst13 a while back and he wasn't angry or against it.

You messaged me repeatedly simply to call my stuff retarded shit for autistic weeaboo babies.

Your jokes are weird.
TerminusEst13
I'm just a guy.

Postby Rachael » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:21 am

TerminusEst13 wrote:You messaged me repeatedly simply to call my stuff retarded shit for autistic weeaboo babies.

Your jokes are weird.

:shock:

Wow.
Rachael
QZDoom + Webmaster

Postby MaxRideWizardLord » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:56 am

TerminusEst13 wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:That was joke as I've spoke with TerminusEst13 a while back and he wasn't angry or against it.

You messaged me repeatedly simply to call my stuff retarded shit for autistic weeaboo babies.

Your jokes are weird.

That's a lie, unless you've mistaken me with some other folks who had more aggressive opinion toward your mod than me. Besides, we haven't spoken in 3 or more years anyway as I didn't used IRC for a while.
MaxRideWizardLord
Banned User
for 6 days, 21 hours

Postby Someone64 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:40 am

I think Term's joking, too...
Someone64

Postby TerminusEst13 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:36 pm

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Besides, we haven't spoken in 3 or more years anyway as I didn't used IRC for a while.

Less than two years, you last tried to message me in October of 2016.
I'm not going to turn this into a session of he-said-she-said about IRC private messages, but I'll ask you not to say "it's a joke, I talked with him long ago about it" because A: you really didn't, and B: your jokes are weird.
TerminusEst13
I'm just a guy.

Postby JadedLexi » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:52 pm

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:
TerminusEst13 wrote:

Your jokes are weird.

That's a lie, unless you've mistaken me with some other folks who had more aggressive opinion toward your mod than me. Besides, we haven't spoken in 3 or more years anyway as I didn't used IRC for a while.

Are you going to say your comments about Guncaster elsewhere are jokes too?
JadedLexi

Discord: JadedLexi#9463

Postby Spaceman333 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:05 pm

*Sneaks by, grabs the mod appreciating its usefulness and says thank you*
Spaceman333

Postby Sparktimus » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:26 pm

Joking or not, taking the piss out of someone else's mod with no prior context or provocation is not a good look for you.
Sparktimus

Discord: Sparks#1932
Twitch ID: sparktimus

Postby MaxRideWizardLord » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:48 am

TerminusEst13 wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Besides, we haven't spoken in 3 or more years anyway as I didn't used IRC for a while.

Less than two years, you last tried to message me in October of 2016.
I'm not going to turn this into a session of he-said-she-said about IRC private messages, but I'll ask you not to say "it's a joke, I talked with him long ago about it" because A: you really didn't, and B: your jokes are weird.

Yet we still haven't spoken for a while. And I certainly remember I show you my Zandronum thread a while ago, or at least talk with you about it. You read my thread with me mentioning your mod, you called my turbo button mod "beginner's work" or something like that, all was ok and nothing heated. You even told me that people told you a way to surpass my code, but you said something like "if people want to use it, why not?". Perceiving jokes is subjective matter, besides I've already replaced the word to avoid further misunderstandings. But I agree, let's end this derailing.

JadedLexi wrote:Are you going to say your comments about Guncaster elsewhere are jokes too?

Pretty sure the only comments I've said about Guncaster on forum were either objective feedback on bugs and constructive critique about either if something feel weak, or needs to be adjusted\added. The only place where did I've talk about Guncaster in non-forum platform was youtube comment section, and it was mostly me saying spells are weak in comparison LONG time ago (back when they trully were) and that GC lore can be pushy, that's about it. I can't remember absolutely everything, but anything of what I've listed are not jokes.

Sparktimus wrote:Joking or not, taking the piss out of someone else's mod with no prior context or provocation is not a good look for you.

Again, that wasn't my intentions. The whole joke intent is the fact that term's mod intent, from what I've perceived as, a lot of intense clicking, and that's basically the basic "skill ceiling" of his mod. And my mod is like a mock\banter to his, which makes his mod as easy as walking in the park and W+M1\M2 to win. In fact, like I said already, the first thing I did to my thread is to edit the lesser offensive joking word to completely non-offensive word to avoid the heating. I guess I was too late... :| I didn't even gave too much of look\read at my thread from Zandronum, it was mostly just an copy-paste and replacing Zandronum word to GZDoom word and altering the code of turbo button mod just so it would be compatible with GZDoom instead of Zandronum, since like I said before, Zandronum use different code because of "wait +1" bug that I was hoped going to get fixed in it's latest official update that I wait for so long.

Spaceman333 wrote:*Sneaks by, grabs the mod appreciating its usefulness and says thank you*

Thank you for being the first person who actually didn't derail the thread and actually enjoy the mod. :D
MaxRideWizardLord
Banned User
for 6 days, 21 hours

Postby Rachael » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:32 am

MaxRideWizardLord - you seem very defensive here.

But I am going to give you some wisdom - you might not like it, but I hope you do because this advice is intended to be really helpful.

You know how you can avoid having to defend yourself? Stop doing the actions which require defense. Then you're not stuck in this situation, and you and everyone else can move on with their lives. It saves a LOT of headache in the long run - trust me!

In this case, it means quite simply not to "joke" in the style you are doing it.

Whether you find them funny or not, it should be pretty obvious and clear by now that other people don't, and you're really pitching to a tough audience here. In fact, we're pretty much used to people saying some really nasty stuff and then trying to get out of trouble by saying "lul it was a joke" (even if it really was not, originally). Yeah, that trick doesn't fly here. Don't even think for a moment that we're fooled by such a lame excuse.

So really - save yourself the trouble and the extra step, and we'll forget this whole thing ever happened. Win-win for everyone!
Rachael
QZDoom + Webmaster

Postby Spaceman333 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:32 am

I'd really hate to see both parties escalate to the point where no one gets what they're longing for, so I want to try a little conflict resolution here.

Party A has a strong need for respect for the work they've done.
There is also a need for a type of communication and humor that does not judge, blame or label.

Their request is for Party B to recognize/understand how hurtful their joke was, acknowledge that damage was done, offer empathy to restore the situation and correct future behaviour to jokes and communication that take care to respect any work that it is targeting.

An example of offering empathy is to say this: "I feel torn. My intention was to communicate the idea behind the mod with a joke, but I see that my joke turned out hurtful when I had no intention to. I feel bad that it came out that way and would like to work to correct the situation. I want to try word my jokes better so that I do not end up disrespecting others or their work in the process. I hope you can give me a chance to try again."

Party B has a strong need for effective communication in promoting their mod, as well as need for happiness, lightheartedness and humor when doing so. The intention is to better get the point across and have a joyful time doing so. There is also a need for appreciation for the mod they've shared.

Their request to Party A is understand that they mean no harm, to acknowledge that their intention was to simply communicate the nature/origin of the mod in a way that would be instantly apparent (and bring happiness) and give them another chance to be heard without condemnation. They would also like appreciation for the effort they made of making and releasing the mod, as well as restoring the thread to be dedicated about discussion/feedback of the mod itself.

I hope this can help bring both sides get their needs met and the situation restored to everyones satisfaction. :glomp:
Spaceman333

Postby JadedLexi » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:27 pm

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:
JadedLexi wrote:Are you going to say your comments about Guncaster elsewhere are jokes too?

Pretty sure the only comments I've said about Guncaster on forum were either objective feedback on bugs and constructive critique about either if something feel weak, or needs to be adjusted\added. The only place where did I've talk about Guncaster in non-forum platform was youtube comment section, and it was mostly me saying spells are weak in comparison LONG time ago (back when they trully were) and that GC lore can be pushy, that's about it. I can't remember absolutely everything, but anything of what I've listed are not jokes.

So you're going to pretend that you never said this? It seems very in line with what Terminus has said about you and you have apparently harassed him and other mod creators in the past and now. So, you're going to just pretend that those were "jokes"? Are you going to pretend that this is a "Joke"? I don't think the person who sent this in would edit it at all, btw. How convenient that you say "I've never posted that stuff" when it comes into question and here's proof.
JadedLexi

Discord: JadedLexi#9463

Next

Return to Hall of Unpleasantness