Skulltag Emulation - Version 2

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Skulltag Emulation - Version 2

Postby doomjedi » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:30 pm

Redneckerz wrote:I reckon the TR discord is closed eh?

Well, it's for team members only, it's sort of team dev. discord. We try to be more public recently, but we are still...not public enough.
doomjedi
"Blade of Agony" spriter

Discord: DoomJedi

Postby doomjedi » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:45 pm

TDRR wrote:doomjedi, here's the link to the Skulltag Content thread: https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6242

Thanks, posted there now, you can take a look 8-)

There appears to have been interest in adding new content

Hope it'll be the case.

...is there working download link for Skulltag Content? Can you put it here?
doomjedi
"Blade of Agony" spriter

Discord: DoomJedi

Postby TiberiumSoul » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:44 pm

what needs doing for the invasion to happen because honestly, it'd be amazing to be able to play mods like Alpha/Delta Invasion, Armageddon Invasion 2, Invasion Unleashed, ETC. on gzdoom
TiberiumSoul
The Lost Soul that stumbled into a patch of tiberium crystals

Discord: 2012
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby TDRR » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:59 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
TiberiumSoul wrote:what needs doing for the invasion to happen because honestly, it'd be amazing to be able to play mods like Alpha/Delta Invasion, Armageddon Invasion 2, Invasion Unleashed, ETC. on gzdoom

Apparently you guys don't understand what i mean. The problem isn't making the invasion system itself, it's because you would need to modify the invasion maps you are going to play to use the new system, and even if i made it as straightforward as possible, the conversion would still need a crapton of work to be close to the original Skulltag version.

And that is made worse when you stop and remember that many of the Invasion maps (Including the stock Skulltag maps) don't even have their ACS sources included, which means you have to recreate that script by hand, or use listacs to get a super crappy, practically unreadable and barely functional version.

If anyone else is going to take care of the conversion, i'll definitely finish the system myself and write some documentation, but i'm not interested in spending hours upon hours on converting a map when i could just as easily play it on it's original format.
TDRR
A living work in progress

Discord: TDRR#5820
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby TiberiumSoul » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:48 am

It's not that we don't understand, It's more a genuine desire to be able to play Invasion Maps with the more advanced weapon mods like Russian Overkill, Guncaster, ETC... without having to dumb them down for Zandronum...

Take my mod, Insanity's Requiem as an example, I can easily make a dumbed-down Zandronum build
but in doing so, I'd have to gut all my ZScript edits, all my toaster optimization code, thus making the mod all but impossible to play in singleplayer or multiplayer, with what hardware I have right now...
TiberiumSoul
The Lost Soul that stumbled into a patch of tiberium crystals

Discord: 2012
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects