[Sprites][Actor] DOOM '16 Cyberdemon Sprites / Actor Release

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

[Sprites][Actor] DOOM '16 Cyberdemon Sprites / Actor Release

Postby simploo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:22 pm

Hey guys, been working on these bad boys for a few weeks now, and hopefully they're suitable enough to release!

NOTE! - The sprites themselves are rather large, try scaling them down to XScale 0.9 - YScale 0.7 in your DECORATE.

Download here! https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7zdrkvl8mpzivt/DOOM2016CyberdemonResources.zip?dl=0

Previews:

Credits:
DOOM 2016 Cybderdemon Sprites by Simply Delicious (Simploo)
DOOM 2016 Cybderdemon Model used for rendering by ID Software.
DOOM 2016 Cybderdemon Sounds by ID Software
General FX and Gore from D4T (Death 4 Told) Credit to DBT and Others who worked on that project.
DECORATE File inspired by D4T's (Death 4 Told) Cyberdemon DECORATE structure, Credit to DBT and Others who worked on that project.
Attachments
CYBFD1.png
CYBFD1.png (33.41 KiB) Viewed 2094 times
CYRKA1.png
CYRKA1.png (27.89 KiB) Viewed 2094 times
CWLKA1.png
CWLKA1.png (32.5 KiB) Viewed 2094 times
Last edited by simploo on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
simploo
Angry Bones

Discord: Simploo#7765

Re: [Sprites] DOOM 2016 Cyberdemon Sprites Release

Postby The_Abysswalker » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:23 pm

Hey there! The animations are on point but the textures could use some de-DOOM-ification. would you consider redoing the frames using a Doom-95 ish texture like this? :P

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
The_Abysswalker

Discord: The Abysswalker

Postby simploo » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:08 pm

The_Abysswalker wrote:Hey there! The animations are on point but the textures could use some de-DOOM-ification. would you consider redoing the frames using a Doom-95 ish texture like this? :P

Perhaps in the future, but right now I'm working on bringing the other demons into the mix, so he doesn't stand out so much
simploo
Angry Bones

Postby The_Abysswalker » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:01 am

simploo wrote:
The_Abysswalker wrote:Hey there! The animations are on point but the textures could use some de-DOOM-ification. would you consider redoing the frames using a Doom-95 ish texture like this? :P

Perhaps in the future, but right now I'm working on bringing the other demons into the mix, so he doesn't stand out so much

I can do it myself if you have other stuff to do, I'll credit you fully and I won't take merit for it. I just want to see a proper DOOM cyberdemon with Doom95 textures :P
The_Abysswalker

Discord: The Abysswalker

Re: [Sprites][Actor] DOOM '16 Cyberdemon Sprites / Actor Rel

Postby HorrorMovieGuy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:50 pm

I'm not usually a fan of model-rips, but this one, and the ones you posted on the sprite carnival thread look awesome. Can't wait to play D4T with these!
HorrorMovieGuy
world is a fuck

Postby Major Cooke » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:59 am

I was going to render out my own Cyberdemon sprites, but this looks extremely convenient.

I'll have to check it out first, but if it does work out, simploo, may I use this with D4D?

Let me clarify that I said Doom 4 For Doom, not Death Foretold. I will not be using the code, only the cyberdemon sprites.
Major Cooke
The road to Hell is paved in the carrion she leaves behind.

Discord: Major Cooke#0846

Postby simploo » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:27 am

Major Cooke wrote:I was going to render out my own Cyberdemon sprites, but this looks extremely convenient.

I'll have to check it out first, but if it does work out, simploo, may I use this with D4D?

Let me clarify that I said Doom 4 For Doom, not Death Foretold. I will not be using the code, only the cyberdemon sprites.

Go right ahead, this is a public release after all.
simploo
Angry Bones

Return to Resources