Dusted's Pandemonia (v2.5) (+ Monsters-only) (Anarchy and Insurrection addons!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ranubis
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Dusted's Pandemonia (v2.4) (+ Monsters-only) (Anarchy and Insurrection addons!)

Post by Ranubis »

DustedPandemonic wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:08 pm
Ranubis wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:31 pm Hey, your mod is really great, i love how weapons and enemies feel. I just had a weird bug with keys, whenever i pick a key his color doesnt match with keys icon on hud, it is really weird and i have no idea why this happens. its just a minor visual bug but it can be very annoying and also confusing.
Glad you're enjoying it! I believe the issue with the keys in the HUD was present in one of the 2.4 pre releases, are you sure you're not loading that or an earlier version? It could also be possible that another mod may be overwriting those graphics. If it's a mapset causing the issue, I recommend loading any mapset before Pandemonia to resolve any audio or graphical conflicts.
cosmos10040 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:24 pm Great mod! I got this error when running with codefx:

CodeFX.pk3:zscript.fx, line 603: Class name BigSmoke already exists
CodeFX.pk3:zscript.fx, line 603: BigSmoke already has defaults
For right now CodeFX will be incompatible, but I'll make sure to change the class name to prevent future conflicts.
i could fix it changing some load orders, thx!
DustedPandemonic

Re: Dusted's Pandemonia (v2.4) (+ Monsters-only) (Anarchy and Insurrection addons!)

Post by DustedPandemonic »

MsrSgtShooterPerson wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:41 pm Hey, Dusted! Just wanted to report I recieved the following error while squaring off with a Cryptek:

https://imgur.com/a/RDmHaDt

Thanks again for this amazing work, and congratulations l with the new addons too! Was just wondering also, I'm playing with Insurrection and Anarchy too, after a few episodes worth of play going up to difficulty level 60+ (and getting mauled for it), I seem to have not recieved any sidegrade yet other than the regular upgrades (i.e. strength, chaos, etc.) - are sidegrades overall that rare?
Hmm, and here I thought I fixed all of the issues with the Cryptek, heh.
Sidegrades don't exist in Insurrection, sidegrades from the main mod are replaced with separate weapons like the Direct Hit, Railbeam, etc.
cosmos10040
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by cosmos10040 »

Ranubis wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:53 am
Ranubis wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:31 pm Hey, your mod is really great, i love how weapons and enemies feel. I just had a weird bug with keys, whenever i pick a key his color doesnt match with keys icon on hud, it is really weird and i have no idea why this happens. its just a minor visual bug but it can be very annoying and also confusing.
Glad you're enjoying it! I believe the issue with the keys in the HUD was present in one of the 2.4 pre releases, are you sure you're not loading that or an earlier version? It could also be possible that another mod may be overwriting those graphics. If it's a mapset causing the issue, I recommend loading any mapset before Pandemonia to resolve any audio or graphical conflicts.
cosmos10040 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:24 pm Great mod! I got this error when running with codefx:

CodeFX.pk3:zscript.fx, line 603: Class name BigSmoke already exists
CodeFX.pk3:zscript.fx, line 603: BigSmoke already has defaults
For right now CodeFX will be incompatible, but I'll make sure to change the class name to prevent future conflicts.
reloading different mod order does not work, I used the latest codefx with firefx.
Ranubis

Post by Ranubis »

cosmos10040 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:38 pm
Ranubis wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:53 am

reloading different mod order does not work, I used the latest codefx with firefx.
Sorry i wasnt talking about CodeFX, i could resolve my problem with hud. my bad
MsrSgtShooterPerson
Location: Lost in the procedural infinite hells and I'm fine with that.

Post by MsrSgtShooterPerson »

DustedPandemonic wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:49 am Hmm, and here I thought I fixed all of the issues with the Cryptek, heh.
Sidegrades don't exist in Insurrection, sidegrades from the main mod are replaced with separate weapons like the Direct Hit, Railbeam, etc.
Ah, I see, I think I kind of failed to read that as I just realized it was part of the addon description to begin with - in general though, after playing several megawad's, (and recently starting the game level a bit higher at around 100), I think I haven't gotten a Superior augment yet (though I've got a bunch of chaos, blast, at least one formatter augment, and so on)

Also wanted to report that there is a bit of a minor issue with Use to Pickup - when I have the mod on, the keybindings for it is listed twice in the options menu and the keybinding itself gets lost between sessions (i.e. restarting GZDoom) - when I don't have Use to Pickup on, I can see there's still a keybinding in the options for it (listed only once) but of course, I can't use to pickup anything even while there is an acknowledgement that the mod is on or off on the console ("usetopickup_enabled:true" or "usetopickup_enabled:false)

Thanks again! Extra comment - I dig the Spawn Events very much, I initially thought spawn difficulty would make things possibly entropic and some monster types no longer appear at higher difficulties but this adds quite a lot of variety to the monster palette! :D
Gourry
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Gourry »

Not sure if other mods affected this but one of the monsters became invulnerable in one of the stages for some reason. After that, none. Currently using gzdoom 4.10.0

Here's the load order:

Pandemonic Voyage-v1.0
Pandemonia-v2.4
Pand-Anarchy-Weapon-v.1.0
Pand-Insurrection-v1.0
Pand-Anarchy-Monster-v.10
Gunbonsai-0.10.1
gearbox-v0.7.2
flashlight_plus_plus_v8.5
Fademe
target-spy-v2.0.1
gzdoom-use-to-pickup-master
DustedPandemonic

Post by DustedPandemonic »

Gourry wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:32 pm Not sure if other mods affected this but one of the monsters became invulnerable in one of the stages for some reason. After that, none. Currently using gzdoom 4.10.0

Here's the load order:

Pandemonic Voyage-v1.0
Pandemonia-v2.4
Pand-Anarchy-Weapon-v.1.0
Pand-Insurrection-v1.0
Pand-Anarchy-Monster-v.10
Gunbonsai-0.10.1
gearbox-v0.7.2
flashlight_plus_plus_v8.5
Fademe
target-spy-v2.0.1
gzdoom-use-to-pickup-master
Do you remember which monster it was and on what level?
Gourry
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Gourry »

It was a mancubus and the stage was level 17 sentimentality. In the bathroom area.

Also another question: with the Anarchy and Insurrection addons: If the side grades don't drop anymore, does that mean no more ammo count upgrades to backpack?
AliciaPendragon
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by AliciaPendragon »

I fucking love this monster selection. Honestly the best vanilla+ monster selection that doesnt massively expand it like DRLA does and I love the interaction it has with mods like Target Spy, and that you can actually adjust the pacing as you see fit. Though I have a few questions and KINDA a bug report to make

Is the regular addon compatible with any skin mods? And in the future can we get a option to disable the slowdown of our player models upon obtaining more weapons(for those that want to hoard all of the guns like I like to do)

Also, I tried this with Halo Doom Evolved and I keep getting Fatal Errors from GZDoom, is the monsters only file not compatible with it? Additionally I tried Anarchy's Monster Module with the Monster Only and kept getting fatal errors.
BradmanX
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by BradmanX »

AliciaPendragon wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:22 pm Also, I tried this with Halo Doom Evolved and I keep getting Fatal Errors from GZDoom, is the monsters only file not compatible with it? Additionally I tried Anarchy's Monster Module with the Monster Only and kept getting fatal errors.
I think the addons are only for 2.4, and the monster mod is still based on 2.2 atm, the monster mod on it's own should work fine with HDE though
AliciaPendragon

BradmanX wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:02 pm
AliciaPendragon wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:22 pm Also, I tried this with Halo Doom Evolved and I keep getting Fatal Errors from GZDoom, is the monsters only file not compatible with it? Additionally I tried Anarchy's Monster Module with the Monster Only and kept getting fatal errors.
I think the addons are only for 2.4, and the monster mod is still based on 2.2 atm, the monster mod on it's own should work fine with HDE though
I tried it with HDE and kept getting fatal errors and I dont know the cause ^^;
BradmanX
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by BradmanX »

AliciaPendragon wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:28 pm I tried it with HDE and kept getting fatal errors and I dont know the cause ^^;
Hmm, just tested this myself, there appears to be some code conflicts between the two mods
Edit:
Pandemonia monsters last in load order

HDE last in load order
AliciaPendragon

BradmanX wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:13 pm
AliciaPendragon wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:28 pm I tried it with HDE and kept getting fatal errors and I dont know the cause ^^;
Hmm, just tested this myself, there appears to be some code conflicts between the two mods
Edit:
Pandemonia monsters last in load order

HDE last in load order
damn that sucks..
A_D_M_E_R_A_L

Post by A_D_M_E_R_A_L »

And this is why prefixes for your actor/class names is good, to prevent such actor/class conflicts.
Eomer_1983

Post by Eomer_1983 »

Where can I get "Pandemonic Voyage-v1.0" ? Thank you.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”