Ambient sounds pack

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Ambient sounds pack

Postby Buckethell II » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:11 am

Hey guys, i know this is the third thread today, but i have to ask you another question :wink:
Is there a mod that adds only ambient sounds ?
Because i would like to play without music from time to time, and it would be cool to hear sounds of the ambient around you
Thanks in advice
Buckethell II

Re: Ambient sounds pack

Postby Reactor » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:41 pm

Welp, I haven't exactly an ambient sounds pack, but I do have tons of ambient sounds. Maybe I have what you're lookin' for. Exactly what kind of ambiance you desire?
Reactor
The militarist

Postby Kappes Buur » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:41 am

Kappes Buur

Postby Buckethell II » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:02 am

Kappes Buur wrote:Check out https://www.ambient-mixer.com

Reactor wrote:Welp, I haven't exactly an ambient sounds pack, but I do have tons of ambient sounds. Maybe I have what you're lookin' for. Exactly what kind of ambiance you desire?

I'm sorry guys, but i didn't intended to implement the ambient sounds myself, but i was asking if there's a mod that does it, because i'm bad at modding
Buckethell II

Postby Zan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:57 am

No such thing, ambient sounds need to be hand placed in maps, so if you want something specific you'll have to do it.
Zan

Postby Buckethell II » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Alright, thanks for the info, i didn't knew that :c
Buckethell II

Postby wildweasel » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:07 pm

Immoral Conduct SE for EDGE had a thing where the generic Doom decoration actors emitted ambient sounds. I suppose there's no reason why a ZDoom mod couldn't do the same - I don't know of such a mod that already exists (and doesn't include other gameplay changes), though.
wildweasel
「お前はもうトースト」[you are already toast.]
Moderator Team Lead

Return to General