Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.6

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
User avatar
cubebert
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:37 pm
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.2

Post by cubebert »

I've made a quick patch months ago that converted some of the Doom monsters' sprites to PNG so that wads that replace the palette such as BTSX won't have issues with them. Is it possible to include them in 3.4.3 or any future updates?
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:31 pm
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)
Location: timelocked USA 1994

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.2

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

cubebert wrote:I've made a quick patch months ago that converted some of the Doom monsters' sprites to PNG so that wads that replace the palette such as BTSX won't have issues with them. Is it possible to include them in 3.4.3 or any future updates?
I can just fix them on my end since it seems like this is just stuff that's already present and needs conversion.
User avatar
cubebert
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:37 pm
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.2

Post by cubebert »

Sweet. I didn't touch the Heretic or Hexen monsters so I don't know if they need to be converted too, but I don't believe there are many wads that replace their games' palettes.
User avatar
cubebert
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:37 pm
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.2

Post by cubebert »

I've been working on adding GCV compatibility for my music randomizer by adding a gc_jukebox file and I came across a bug with the music. If an Unholy Shifter or Hadean Duke is killed while having an Extremesphere, the Extremesphere's music will play after a couple of seconds and will continue playing after it wears off. I also tried the Touhou music addon and I saw that the gc_jukebox file is called "gr_jukebox" which won't trigger any functions that rely on jukeBoxCheck().
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:31 pm
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)
Location: timelocked USA 1994

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.2

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

cubebert wrote:I've been working on adding GCV compatibility for my music randomizer by adding a gc_jukebox file and I came across a bug with the music. If an Unholy Shifter or Hadean Duke is killed while having an Extremesphere, the Extremesphere's music will play after a couple of seconds and will continue playing after it wears off. I also tried the Touhou music addon and I saw that the gc_jukebox file is called "gr_jukebox" which won't trigger any functions that rely on jukeBoxCheck().
Troubleshooting something like this needs to be handled on the discord server, as I have no idea what you're trying to do or how you're going about it.
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:31 pm
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)
Location: timelocked USA 1994

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.3

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Updating to 3.4.3 to fix some bugs, I don't remember what bugs I fixed :(
dard98
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:45 am
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.3

Post by dard98 »

Um, google drive don't give a permission to access a file.
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:31 pm
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)
Location: timelocked USA 1994

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.3

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

dard98 wrote:Um, google drive don't give a permission to access a file.
My bad, it should be working now
User avatar
Madsora22
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.3

Post by Madsora22 »

Yo,sorry if this is a bit of a bother,but has the dialogue between Korax and Cygnis been removed? If not,then it might be a bit of a glitch as I can't hear anything. There's just the text for Korax,but no voice,nor does Cyg respond before the wall disappears. For specifics on what I am using,I am using the latest version of GZDoom,as well as having switched to 4.5.0 to see if that worked [Which it did not],and I am using Hexen v1.1 Registered,with GCV as the only PWAD. Default compatibility settings as well. And finally,I have only gone through to the Seven Portals,where I found the lack of voiced dialogue.
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:31 pm
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)
Location: timelocked USA 1994

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.3

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Madsora22 wrote:Yo,sorry if this is a bit of a bother,but has the dialogue between Korax and Cygnis been removed? If not,then it might be a bit of a glitch as I can't hear anything. There's just the text for Korax,but no voice,nor does Cyg respond before the wall disappears. For specifics on what I am using,I am using the latest version of GZDoom,as well as having switched to 4.5.0 to see if that worked [Which it did not],and I am using Hexen v1.1 Registered,with GCV as the only PWAD. Default compatibility settings as well. And finally,I have only gone through to the Seven Portals,where I found the lack of voiced dialogue.
Yes, the audio has been removed pending replacement
User avatar
ClessxAlghazanth
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:29 am

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.3

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

Is it possible to use this edition with custom monster packs ?

Best regards

Edit: I got to run Colorful Hell by loading it after GC:V by ZDL , set it to:

Pick your monsters : Replace nothing , adapt all monsters , dynamic progression , it seemed to run well at first , but after a while I encountered this error

Any ideas?

By the way , I can't find the Toaster mode in the options menu , where is it located ?

Best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:31 pm
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)
Location: timelocked USA 1994

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.3

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

ClessxAlghazanth wrote: Edit: I got to run Colorful Hell by loading it after GC:V by ZDL , set it to:

Pick your monsters : Replace nothing , adapt all monsters , dynamic progression , it seemed to run well at first , but after a while I encountered this error

Any ideas?
Maybe you should post all the addons you were running, because I don't think you were running just colourful hell with this.
ClessxAlghazanth wrote: By the way , I can't find the Toaster mode in the options menu , where is it located ?

Best regards
It's been removed, as it causes too much lag
User avatar
ClessxAlghazanth
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:29 am

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.3

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
ClessxAlghazanth wrote: Edit: I got to run Colorful Hell by loading it after GC:V by ZDL , set it to:

Pick your monsters : Replace nothing , adapt all monsters , dynamic progression , it seemed to run well at first , but after a while I encountered this error

Any ideas?
Maybe you should post all the addons you were running, because I don't think you were running just colourful hell with this.
ClessxAlghazanth wrote: By the way , I can't find the Toaster mode in the options menu , where is it located ?

Best regards
It's been removed, as it causes too much lag
I see :)

I believe my load order was like:

demonplg.wad (map)
GC Vindicated
ColorfulHellbrownbetafinal.pk3
prjdoom.wad(music)
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:31 pm
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)
Location: timelocked USA 1994

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.3

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

ClessxAlghazanth wrote:
I see :)

I believe my load order was like:

demonplg.wad (map)
GC Vindicated
ColorfulHellbrownbetafinal.pk3
prjdoom.wad(music)
Thats really weird
Send me your .ini file, and I can try to debug.
User avatar
ClessxAlghazanth
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:29 am

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.3

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote: Thats really weird
Send me your .ini file, and I can try to debug.
Thanks , here it is
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”