Ultra-Crispy (25/07/19) I update... again!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Valherran

Re: Ultra-Crispy (WIP) 24/05/18 2 new weapons and more!

Post by Valherran »

The Napalm Cannon needs more oomph in visuals and power. Maybe make the explosion release a wave of fire like the Flamewall from Rise of the Triad?
The weapon is doing exactly what it does in Blood. Only difference is the velocity of the primary fire is reduced by 50%, and the explosions bounce a little less. I like the alt-fire the way it is, it has more tactical use than a flame wave, especially considering the majority of map layouts. But I do agree it could use a little more damage to the primary fire though.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

I tested this version and agree with all the guidelines that Jeimuzu73 suggested in addition to Napalm Cannon, in return I think that ammunition for Vulcan cannon should be more because it is too fast. And that's why I wonder why in the place of Assault rifle you put AK instead of M16 :?:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Well, to answer that question: All the M16/M4 styled rifles i tried weren't fitting for me. Not that they weren't beautiful, far from that. But they just felt REALLY outta place for me. The last one i've tried looked like a sheet of printed journal paper in contrast with the so vivid and heavy blood colors and sprites. Then, when i thought my only exit was to use the Redneck Rampage Ranch-AK as a placeholder, Gideon suggested the Sokova-46 from The Trooper, and that's one sexy rifle.

My first thing was to PM Railgunner immediately. And he kindly authorized! I am just waiting for a response from him to know if he has something that resembles an underbarrel grenade launcher, so we can add it to the AK (the altfire is NOT broken; just deactivated for now!).

I liked jeimuzu's list, but there are two things i must question:

"Pistol ammo capacity should be increased as well (to maybe around 300). The MAC should also get priority over the Beretta when selected."
The pistol ammo is set to 180/360. If by 300, you mean the ammo limits without backpacks, that's kinda... exagerated.

"The Jackhammer needs more damage. Alt-fire is also a mixed bag given that there's already dynamite - how about a slug firing mode instead?"
But that's exactly why it is there. The first betas had a more precise alt-firing mode with more control and accuracy, and that felt WAAAAY too lame. The cartdridge mine is a real life thing with the Jackhammer that can save you if you need some TNT backup and are outta TNT's, considering the shotgun ammo is the most generous drop in doom.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

the hud's acting up on my side.
Attachments
Sem título.png
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Well, i must think quick on a way to make all the items in the HUD be customizable, EXCEPT the hat. This is causing me some brain-knots.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

GAA1992 wrote:Well, to answer that question: All the M16/M4 styled rifles i tried weren't fitting for me. Not that they weren't beautiful, far from that. But they just felt REALLY outta place for me. The last one i've tried looked like a sheet of printed journal paper in contrast with the so vivid and heavy blood colors and sprites. Then, when i thought my only exit was to use the Redneck Rampage Ranch-AK as a placeholder, Gideon suggested the Sokova-46 from The Trooper, and that's one sexy rifle.

My first thing was to PM Railgunner immediately. And he kindly authorized! I am just waiting for a response from him to know if he has something that resembles an underbarrel grenade launcher, so we can add it to the AK (the altfire is NOT broken; just deactivated for now!).
Well, if you insist on that particular AK, I think he made this a couple of months ago.
[imgur]http://i.imgur.com/hemN23Y[/imgur][imgur]http://i.imgur.com/bnOmZRI[/imgur]
"Pistol ammo capacity should be increased as well (to maybe around 300). The MAC should also get priority over the Beretta when selected."
The pistol ammo is set to 180/360. If by 300, you mean the ammo limits without backpacks, that's kinda... exagerated.
It is? It doesn't seem so to me when ammo pickups give 15 per clip, 30 per MAC and 60 per box. Maybe halve those values.
"The Jackhammer needs more damage. Alt-fire is also a mixed bag given that there's already dynamite - how about a slug firing mode instead?"
But that's exactly why it is there. The first betas had a more precise alt-firing mode with more control and accuracy, and that felt WAAAAY too lame. The cartdridge mine is a real life thing with the Jackhammer that can save you if you need some TNT backup and are outta TNT's, considering the shotgun ammo is the most generous drop in doom.
Then again, there's almost no reason to use the Jackhammer when the sawn-off can squeeze off two rapid shots that deal more damage. Unless you give it a tighter pellet spread making it more effective at longer range.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

isn't the jackhammer's mine become kinda useless with the addition of the grenade launcher?
Last edited by LossForWords on Fri May 25, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Both are kinda situational. You must shoot the cartdridge mine for it to explode, it doesn't explode on enemy contact like the proximity bomb or by impact, like the vanilla TNT. The AK grenade launcher wouldn't differ from a Flare Gun normal fire, in my humble opinion.

The first thought of an alt-fire for the AK i had was of a ADS mode; but then, it became obvious it was dumb to have only one weapon in the entire game to have ADS. Then i thought about a bayonet, but it would be kinda weak and very imited.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

GAA1992 wrote:Both are kinda situational. You must shoot the cartdridge mine for it to explode, it doesn't explode on enemy contact like the proximity bomb or by impact, like the vanilla TNT. The AK grenade launcher wouldn't differ from a Flare Gun normal fire, in my humble opinion.

The first thought of an alt-fire for the AK i had was of a ADS mode; but then, it became obvious it was dumb to have only one weapon in the entire game to have ADS. Then i thought about a bayonet, but it would be kinda weak and very imited.
And if you're gonna do that, ya might as well have just used the Pitchfork instead of the Machete. :D
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Not official, just customizing dem AK's.

Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

GAA1992 wrote:Not official, just customizing dem AK's.
Please make this official. Please for the love of Tchernobog make this official.

I have never wanted such a glorious thing so hard before. :twisted:
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

Gideon020 wrote:
Spoiler:
Please make this official. Please for the love of Tchernobog make this official.

I have never wanted such a glorious thing so hard before. :twisted:
Meh I'd probably lose the drum mag, or at least keep it as some kind of alternative skin.
TheEternalStruggler

Post by TheEternalStruggler »

If there is a new weapon added.... maybe a slow-firing pump-action shotgun that's pretty powerful?

Granted, I know we have the Jackhammer and Sawed-Off already... but the automatic category has the Assault Rifle, the Vulcan Cannon, and the MAC10s...

So why not one more shotgun? The good ol'-fashioned pump-action... nothing's more satisfying than racking the pump after each shot. :D
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

the mac 10's in the pistol category, but i back the shotgun 100%. also, a kick button would be nice imo
Last edited by LossForWords on Sat May 26, 2018 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

GAA1992 wrote:Not official, just customizing dem AK's.
I think it would be better if you just did not change anything in the appearance of the weapon only added a grenade launcher, or it would have some other explosive effect that it was not too similar to the flare gun

Return to “Gameplay Mods”