Ultra-Crispy (25/07/19) I update... again!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Re: Ultra-Crispy (WIP) 24/05/18 2 new weapons and more!

Post by TheLightBad96 »

With all this talk about adding a Pump-Action Shotgun in the game I do have an idea that could help with this issue. Considering that the possibility of the Old Style "Blood 1 era" version may or may not happen I'm just thinking that instead of adding the Pump to the increasing arsenal of weapons at this point of time, how about adding A Pump-Action Shotgun in the Old Style "Blood 1 era" version to supplement the Sawn-off shotgun.

Blood 2 - Sawn-off/Pancor Jackhammer
Blood 1 - Sawn-off/ Insert period accurate Pump Action Shotgun here "I'd probably go with a Winchester 1897 Trench Gun"

Hell for the alt-fire the player could let loose a dragon's breath like attack for the cost of 4 shells. while the Jackhammer uses it's Drum Mag as a mine/trap
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Fun Fact: Caleb held a trench gun in the CD case art, Remington Model 31 to be exact.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

You mean this one? I think the shotgun sprites from either here or here would work in this mod with just a little adjustment.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

i was thinking on something like this:

But those Cage sprites are pure gold too.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

looks perfect in my opinion. btw do you have plans on adding a quick melee button/kick button?
TheEternalStruggler

Post by TheEternalStruggler »

GAA1992 wrote:i was thinking on something like this:

I think it looks nice. Either one looks nice. Ultimately, it's your decision; but I think that if you're to choose a pump-action shotgun sprite set... choose the one that has the most OOMPH to it. You know? Like the one that has a nice weighty feel to it when you fire it and it looks satisfying as well. :)

I don't know. I'm not really a weapons modder or anything like that. I'm just a gamer who likes to play Doom with mods. :P
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

LossForWords wrote:looks perfect in my opinion. btw do you have plans on adding a quick melee button/kick button?
Not gonna lie, i thought about a quick machete and a quick TNT button, probably with the user keys. Wouldn't it be too outta place?
TheEternalStruggler wrote:
GAA1992 wrote:i was thinking on something like this:

I think it looks nice. Either one looks nice. Ultimately, it's your decision; but I think that if you're to choose a pump-action shotgun sprite set... choose the one that has the most OOMPH to it. You know? Like the one that has a nice weighty feel to it when you fire it and it looks satisfying as well. :)

I don't know. I'm not really a weapons modder or anything like that. I'm just a gamer who likes to play Doom with mods. :P
With so many shotgun sprites, i think this one made by jazzmaster9 and zrrion the insect has the best balance around. It's a old trench gun, it looks clean and beautiful, and fits caleb vintage taste. Let's try it as an add-on and see what happens!
erni945

Post by erni945 »

I think that all these things,shotgun, quick machete and tnt, could be the most, would make the game more enjoyable :)
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

I made some sprites for an Ak 47 and auto shotgun in the style of BLOOD (correct palette) that you can use. Are you aiming for early 20th century weapons, anachronistic weapons, or a combination of weapons from BLOOD 1 + 2 in this mod?
Attachments
Ak 47 + Auto Shotgun.png
Ak 47 + Auto Shotgun.png (10.83 KiB) Viewed 919 times
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

erni945 wrote:I think that all these things,shotgun, quick machete and tnt, could be the most, would make the game more enjoyable :)
Quick TNT and a Quick Slash is always welcome in my book.

However, Caleb doesn't use a machete, but rather a custom-made 1830 bowie knife. He never used it til Blood 2, but he has had it since he climbed the ranks of the Cabal.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

@necronxxis

I am looking for a combination of weapons from both blood games, but since i had no fitting sprites in the m4/m16 with m203, i thought gideon suggestion was a good way to follow. But these two sprites are awesome! I am going to experiment with them today :)

@valherran

I know, it was called stilletto in the game or something like it. I found it to be too much underwhelming, so, when i saw necronxxis sprites for doom commando i thought that machete with the caleb face on it was excellent.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Neccronixis wrote:I made some sprites for an Ak 47 and auto shotgun in the style of BLOOD (correct palette) that you can use. Are you aiming for early 20th century weapons, anachronistic weapons, or a combination of weapons from BLOOD 1 + 2 in this mod?
Please GAA, do not just add sprite autoshotgun in exchange for jackhammer, he is in my opinion ugly
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Just wanted to rephrase myself, because that might be not clear: The weapon cast is kinda done. The only change i want to do is to add a M4A1/M16 with an underbarrel M203 IF i find a good sprite. All the other guns, such as a pump-action shotgun, lever-action shotgun, revolvers, tommy guns, tesla cannon, singularity generator and many many other things will be added as ADD-ONS.

I really would like to please everybody, but there is not such a thing. I don't want Ultra-Crispy to turn into a new Aracnocide, where i learned 54 weapons wouldn't be enough.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Valherran wrote:
erni945 wrote:I think that all these things,shotgun, quick machete and tnt, could be the most, would make the game more enjoyable :)
Quick TNT and a Quick Slash is always welcome in my book.

However, Caleb doesn't use a machete, but rather a custom-made 1830 bowie knife. He never used it til Blood 2, but he has had it since he climbed the ranks of the Cabal.
I second the quick TNT/slash and the bowie knife. Absolutely marvelous idea
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

is it just me or the sawn-offs pickup has external hammers? sorry for the nitpick.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”