[v2.9.1] CHAMPIONS [update 09/03/21]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
krokots

Re: [v2.9.1] CHAMPIONS [update 09/03/21]

Post by krokots »

OmegaZeroXIII wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:49 pm Good. I have been presenting this error "VM execution aborted: tried to read from address zero" which is triggered by "champions/handled/handler.txt line 331".

I use the DOOM RPG Roguelike Arsenal modpack and the error every 5 times that I start the mod once does not happen but when entering another level of one the error occurs. I thought it would be the modpack but it's happening to me in others even just using the DOOM Roguelike Arsenal.
You can fix this bug by editing two lines in handler.txt.
in line 331 change

Code: Select all

if(e.Thing.bMISSILE
to

if(e.Thing && e.Thing.bMISSILE
Do the same in line 341 (or any line that does not have "e.Thing" before "e.Thing.bMISSILE".
Centimanus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Centimanus »

There's some quirk in this that disables the friendly fire protection in DoomRPG, someone told me it had to do with the mod tweaking the player's species or something along those lines. Any idea what part could be to blame?
RevanGarcia
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by RevanGarcia »

I'm having some problems with champions and I don't know how to proceed.

This is the error log:

I'm running Roguelike Arsenal (with its monster pack and DRLA Extended), Legendoom Lite, Champions, "Mikk's Critical Hits, Headshots and Backstabs" and Xim Helper Marines. Sometimes I use "argv's Use To Pickup Add-on".

This is my load order:

Any help is appreciated.
Exibius
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Exibius »

RevanGarcia wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:39 pm I'm having some problems with champions and I don't know how to proceed.

This is the error log:

I'm running Roguelike Arsenal (with its monster pack and DRLA Extended), Legendoom Lite, Champions, "Mikk's Critical Hits, Headshots and Backstabs" and Xim Helper Marines. Sometimes I use "argv's Use To Pickup Add-on".

This is my load order:

Any help is appreciated.
krokots wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:03 pm
OmegaZeroXIII wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:49 pm Good. I have been presenting this error "VM execution aborted: tried to read from address zero" which is triggered by "champions/handled/handler.txt line 331".

I use the DOOM RPG Roguelike Arsenal modpack and the error every 5 times that I start the mod once does not happen but when entering another level of one the error occurs. I thought it would be the modpack but it's happening to me in others even just using the DOOM Roguelike Arsenal.
You can fix this bug by editing two lines in handler.txt.
in line 331 change

if(e.Thing.bMISSILE
to

if(e.Thing && e.Thing.bMISSILE
Do the same in line 341 (or any line that does not have "e.Thing" before "e.Thing.bMISSILE".
Rtma

Post by Rtma »

I have tested and found out that this mod causes serious framerate issues on large monster maps, I do not know if you can optimise this but it would be appreciated, I tested on sunlust map 24 with and without and their was a noticable difference, would love to use this mod more but that is mostly a deal breaker on certain wads.
Delinquent

Post by Delinquent »

Using this mod with BulletEye cause BulletEye's Flash Guard mechanic (and the Bladed Shoulder Guards which directly affects the Flash Guard) to not function properly. Too bad this mod seems to have been abandoned, it's become one of my staples.
Exibius
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Exibius »

Heads up if you're running this with corruption cards; the one card that enables eggs that drop ??? will also take the heart "monster" that is used for the monsters that are invincible until the heart actor is destroyed to be able to appear in those eggs, and I'm not sure that's intended. Seems like merely removing the monster flag from the heart actor and keeping all the other flags that are used for the "monster flag combo" seems to fix this without any issues.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”