Zagemod (v1.5 In Development, pg 23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
User avatar
StroggVorbis
Posts: 860
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:23 pm
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: Germany

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.1 Released, Page 3)

Post by StroggVorbis »

The Sig-Cow can't be reloaded with the bayonet attached. Understandable, seeing as there probably is no sprite sheet for that. Just thought I'd mention it.
User avatar
silentzora
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:24 pm

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.1 Released, Page 3)

Post by silentzora »

DabbingSquidward wrote:The Sig-Cow can't be reloaded with the bayonet attached. Understandable, seeing as there probably is no sprite sheet for that. Just thought I'd mention it.
Yep, I knew about that. Since there's no sprite of the bayonet from an angle, I just had to make do.
Dwailing
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:07 am
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.1 Released, Page 3)

Post by Dwailing »

A thought: since right now STGuy is basically just Doomguy with extra weapons, maybe the chaingun, rocket launcher, plasma gun, and BFG 9K should be removed from STGuy leaving him with the Skulltag weapons filling those slots? There isn't a huge reason to play Doomguy instead of STGuy right now unless you just want an enhanced version of the base game's arsenal. It's up to you, of course, just my 2 cents.
User avatar
silentzora
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:24 pm

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.1 Released, Page 3)

Post by silentzora »

So, I've been reading some comments the last month or so, and a few folks have asked for a unique shotgun for the 64 Guy. I just had to oblige.



Here's a look at the Tactical Shotgun, a unique weapon to the 64 Guy class. On the surface, it's statistically identical to the standard Shotgun, with one minor twist - When the UAC issues this weapon to personnel, they also stock them with patented HydraGas grenades. These projectiles spew corrosive hydrochloric gas that eats away at flesh and metal alike. That being said, don't breathe this.

The Tactical Shotgun will be included in v1.2.2, which will release before Christmas.
User avatar
silentzora
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:24 pm

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Post by silentzora »

Aaaaaand v1.2.2 is out now! MAJOR thanks to Captain J, who put together the sprites for the new player class!

Download Zagemod v1.2.2

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Gideon020
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:23 am

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Post by Gideon020 »

My only complaint about the new version was that Plasma Prototype was an awesomely appropriate name for AlphaGuy's plasma weapon. :P
User avatar
silentzora
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:24 pm

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Post by silentzora »

Gideon020 wrote:My only complaint about the new version was that Plasma Prototype was an awesomely appropriate name for AlphaGuy's plasma weapon. :P
I don't mind changing it back, y'know. I'll revert that change in the next version. ;)

EDIT: Changed it back for this release instead. It's just a text string, so why not?
User avatar
namsan
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:27 am
Location: Japan

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Post by namsan »

Wow, new update!
Thanks for adding unique weapons to 64 guy.
I love gas greandes.
User avatar
namsan
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:27 am
Location: Japan

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Post by namsan »

Hey, I realized there is a minor problem.
Loading mapsets with own HUD font after this mod will override HUD font of this mod.
it usually makes three-digit numbers unreadable because this mod uses small fonts for HUD, and fonts of mapsets are bigger than them.

I fixed this problem by defining a new font, and renaming font PNGs.
So HUD font of mapsets won't override this mod's HUD font.
I attached the patch to this post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
silentzora
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:24 pm

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Post by silentzora »

namsan wrote:Hey, I realized there is a minor problem.
Loading mapsets with own HUD font after this mod will override HUD font of this mod.
it usually makes three-digit numbers unreadable because this mod uses small fonts for HUD, and fonts of mapsets are bigger than them.

I fixed this problem by defining a new font, and renaming font PNGs.
So HUD font of mapsets won't override this mod's HUD font.
I attached the patch to this post.
Awesome. I'll include this in the Extras folder for the next release, should come in handy. Thanks!
Gideon020
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:23 am

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Post by Gideon020 »

So I noticed that some of the guns have a flashlight secondary, but when I try to activate it, the gun just clicks and there's nothing happening. No other mods loaded with this one, so I dunno if they've been implemented or not.
User avatar
StroggVorbis
Posts: 860
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:23 pm
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: Germany

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Post by StroggVorbis »

Gideon020 wrote:So I noticed that some of the guns have a flashlight secondary, but when I try to activate it, the gun just clicks and there's nothing happening. No other mods loaded with this one, so I dunno if they've been implemented or not.
Did you disable dynamic lighting?
Gideon020
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:23 am

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Post by Gideon020 »

DabbingSquidward wrote: Did you disable dynamic lighting?
Oh...
User avatar
Twitchy2019
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:27 pm
Location: My Foot,Your Face! (Team Monster)

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Post by Twitchy2019 »

OK, so, I checked out the weapons for this mod. One complaint I have is why are there weapons that need to be reloaded and others that do not? Mods like Brutal Doom and others stick to either reloading for all the weapons or not at all. Why are the weapons done the way they are here?
User avatar
silentzora
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:24 pm

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Post by silentzora »

warman2012 wrote:OK, so, I checked out the weapons for this mod. One complaint I have is why are there weapons that need to be reloaded and others that do not? Mods like Brutal Doom and others stick to either reloading for all the weapons or not at all. Why are the weapons done the way they are here?
It's just some rule I laid out for myself for this project, where box magazines need to be replaced, shells need to be pumped, but cell-based weaponry and belt-fed weapons generally do not.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”