Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated February 3, 2024]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tekish

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated December 14, 2019]

Post by Tekish »

Added.
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Has the AmmoInfo portion been updated to take Death Foretold's new Soul ammo into account?
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

It has now, in the latest version.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Another random selfish request from me: I just released a fork of Argent (viewtopic.php?f=43&t=52363&start=300#p1129546) that changes the base bullet class to ArgBullet so that the capacity for bullets can be expanded. Any chance you can have AmmoInfo detect that? (its never both at the same time, it'll either be base doom bullets or ArgBullet, so its 'OR' type thing in the Argent detection, I'd imagine, hopefully shouldn't be hard to add).
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

For organization purposes, I'd rather not do things that way. AmmoInfo uses the names of player classes to identify mods, so in order to differentiate your version with standard Argent, you should assign it a unique player class. Then I could use that to distinguish both of them in AmmoInfo.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

I see. No worries then, I wasn't intending on making a large change enough to warrant a new playerclass (or any further changes in all likelihood, this was just doubling bullet capacity and thats it) so I guess I'll have to do without.
goldenmob72

Post by goldenmob72 »

Ammo Info doesn't show the amount of Shock Grenades that the player can carry in Project Brutality , Can you add support for the Shock Grenades please ?
Tekish

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated January 15, 2020]

Post by Tekish »

Added in the latest version.
ToxicMasculinity
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated January 20, 2020]

Post by ToxicMasculinity »

I've been using the complete mod with all the addons combined for a while now, and I just noticed that the Hitmarker options are no longer changeable and just say "unknown" now. The hitmarkers still work, but size and style can't be adjusted. Is this intentional? I tested the most recent mod version with gzDoom 4.3.3, 4.3.2, & 3.7.2, and they all have the same result.
Also, would it be possible to add map "Par Time" to the level stats info in the future? I know the level time can be highlighted yellow when it is below par time, but it would be awesome if the par time itself could be displayed.
Tekish

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated February 14, 2020]

Post by Tekish »

There was a screw up with the CVARs in the all-in-one package that was causing this to happen. It's fixed in the latest version. I have also updated LevelInfo with a toggle to show map par times, per your request.
ToxicMasculinity

Thanks for updating this so fast, I appreciate it. I'm glad you decided to add the par time setting too, that's awesome. It's just another handy piece of info to have on screen sometimes imo.
I tested the hitmarkers out as well, and the settings are working now, but there's still an issue with them unfortunately. Regardless of what style or size you have selected, the hitmarkers are always the default size and style. The red killmarkers do correctly change based on what setting you have, but the white hitmarkers don't and are always the same. I'm not using any other mods when testing either, only the simplehudaddons.pk3, just in case you needed to know that. None the less, thanks again.
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

I'm unable to reproduce what you're experiencing. Can I ask what specific version of GZDoom are you using? Did this happen in Doom or another game (Hexen, Heretic, etc.)? Could you provide the HitMarkers variables from your GZDoom config? They all have the "hm_" prefix. And, if it's not too much trouble, can you see if this happens with the HitMarkers standalone file?
ToxicMasculinity

I honestly don't even know what happened, but I tested the all-in-one patch again this morning (all testing done with GZDoom 4.3.3/Doom2), and it was still behaving strange, but then tested just the hitmarkers mod by itself like you asked, and they worked perfectly. I then tested just the all-in-one mod again, and now the hitmarker settings are working as intended. I wish I knew what caused this so I could avoid this in the future and not waste your time, because that's never happened before with any mod, including every previous update I've downloaded of this mod. It's like a cache issue even though I'm pretty sure GZDoom doesn't use one. Maybe my PC is just on it's last leg or something, but it's definitely on my end and not an issue with your mod at all. Apologies for the false positive.
goldenmob72

Post by goldenmob72 »

Can you make Ammo Info compatible with Ali Jr's BD Please ? https://www.moddb.com/mods/alis-brutal-doom
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

Sorry, but I'm afraid not. With limited free time, it's becoming difficult for me to keep the currently supported mods up to date. I do not want to add mods that are unfinished unless I actively play them.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”