Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated February 3, 2024]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated August 27, 2019]

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Really love the HitMarkers addon, it rocks! :)

Very good job overall Tekish, I congratulate you! :thumb:
Tekish

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated August 27, 2019]

Post by Tekish »

Glad you like it, thanks!
Tekish

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated September 3, 2019]

Post by Tekish »

I just posted an update to HitMarkers that provides the option to have certain hit sounds change based on the damage done to enemies. This currently only works with the default and Quake hit sounds. Essentially, it mimics the behavior from the past few Quake titles where the more damage you do, the deeper the hit sound gets. You can also modify the thresholds in which these sounds trigger, which can be useful when used with mods that have high damaging weapons.
dmslr

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated September 4, 2019]

Post by dmslr »

Is it possible to make HP bars work with autoaim? I play without mouselook and HP bar doesn't appear if I and moster are in different height levels.
Attachments
HP BAR.jpg
Tekish

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated September 5, 2019]

Post by Tekish »

The latest version of CrosshairHP will now properly display enemies targeted by autoaim.
dmslr

Post by dmslr »

That was quick. Thank you, Tekish!
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

@Tekish

I created subactors of every Doom powerup so to add the +INVENTORY.ADDITIVETIME flag, but their timers aren't shown on LevelInfo. Would it be possible to add an option to also display timers from subactors or -classes?

Maybe with help of the Tag parameter?
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

Since timers are detected by the names of classes, every new subclass would need to be added to LevelInfo in the same way that mods are. Wouldn't a better solution be to replace the core power-ups with versions that include ADDITIVETIME? This way the names remain the same, you get the added behavior you're looking for, and everything that interacts with them will continue to do so.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

If there's a way to do this without editing gzdoom.pk3, please let me know. AFAIK there's no way, at least not without ZScript, to have two or more actors with identical names.

I did this:

Code: Select all

Actor PowerIronFeetAdditive : PowerIronFeet
{
+INVENTORY.ADDITIVETIME
}

Actor RadsuitNew : Radsuit replaces Radsuit
{
Powerup.Type "IronFeetAdditive"
}
And after picking up the new radsuit its duration doesn't show. At first I tried only replacing the powerups themselves, not the givers, but it didn't work.
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

I don't have the context of the rest of your code, but in a vacuum this should work. It inherits the actor, makes the additive change, and then replaces the original with said change.

Code: Select all

Actor RadSuitAdditive : Radsuit Replaces Radsuit
{
	+INVENTORY.ADDITIVETIME
}
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Didn't think that would work, but it does! Thanks very much :D
user19284

Post by user19284 »

Great addon, simple and informative!
Tekish

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated November 10, 2019]

Post by Tekish »

Thanks, glad you like it.

I've made a small update to HitMarkers that allows the option to limit rapid hit sounds. With it enabled, it will output hit sounds once every 4 tics (instead of every tic).

I originally dismissed this idea as unnecessary, but I've been playing more mods lately that spam a lot of damage in small increments, making the hit sounds go crazy. I wouldn't suggest using this all the time though, as it will definitely impact hit sound registration with weapons that have high fire rates.
goldenmob72

Post by goldenmob72 »

Can you add Rise of The Triad's [2013] Hit Indicator (s) pls ?
Here's a few examples of what I mean https://imgur.com/a/L9ZMe8g , this would be very cool to have :)
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

This would be an entirely new add-on, and not something I'm interested in doing at the moment. I do recall seeing a damage direction mod on these forums, so something similar to this may already exist. I just don't remember the name of the project.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”