Autoautosave [v1.0]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Autoautosave [v0.12] (+auto screen shots)

Postby Spaceman333 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:39 pm

The screenshot feature is beautiful, I'm getting albums of cool images with them:
Spoiler: big image

Spoiler: another huge image
Spaceman333

Re: Autoautosave [v1.0]

Postby m8f » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:21 am

snackerfork wrote:it doesn't check to see if the player is in a safe spot before saving
"Safe spot" is quite subjective. If I ever get to finish Danger-O-Meter mod (which is not published yet), I'll add Autoautosave integration that will stop it from saving in high-danger situations.

Update (or should I call it a release?) v1.0. The biggest change is the version bump. Other changes are:
- added saving on keys in Final Doomer and QCDE;
- moved ZScript code to separate files for reading convenience;
- switched GPLv3 license.
m8f
the dreamer

Discord: m8f#0629

Postby Someone64 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:13 am

May I suggest changing the way finding weapons and keys works with 3D floors? playing this with Alfonzone, I've been getting autosaves from being FAR under or over where keys and weapons are sitting.
Someone64

Postby m8f » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:54 am

Someone64 wrote:May I suggest changing the way finding weapons and keys works with 3D floors? playing this with Alfonzone, I've been getting autosaves from being FAR under or over where keys and weapons are sitting.

Can you please tell an example here this happens?
m8f
the dreamer

Discord: m8f#0629

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods