[WIP] HeXen III: The Land of the Serpent Riders(GZDoom/Zand)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] HeXen III: The Land of the Serpent Riders(GZDoom/Z

Postby Taurustar » Thu May 17, 2018 3:06 am

JadedLexi wrote:
Taurustar wrote:
JadedLexi wrote:I really like those screenshots. The only thing I had a problem with was the blue pillars here: http://hexentic.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... 290573.png

as I say the map is only finished in the layout thing... I still need to edit it, I've already considerate the idea to make a texture replacement in some areas so I'll keep in mind these pillars

Okay! This is definitely a project I'm looking forward to. :)

Ty man is really appreciated the support from people.

Map 93: Laos Observatory is done

Spoiler: Screenshots
Taurustar

Discord: Taurustar#2956

Postby Taurustar » Mon May 21, 2018 2:59 am

More progress on the Secret Hub. Actually there's only one more map to finish it... Keep noticed because when the public release 2.0 is going to be release in a couple of days

Spoiler: Map92: Infinity Chappel
Taurustar

Postby Conmeister » Mon May 21, 2018 3:07 am

Good stuff mate! Keep the good work, really looking forward for next public beta.
Conmeister

Discord: Connor™#1775

Postby Taurustar » Sat May 26, 2018 3:30 am

SO THE DAY HAS FINALLY COME!!

After a couple of months since the last release I'm proud to announce the new Public beta release is up for everyone who wants to play it, it has a lot of new stuff that I'm going to explain in this post. but for those who are impatient in play it, there's a server in Zandronum provided by [HeXentic] that is the official server for HeXen 3 mod, it will be running the HeXen3 Public 2.0 wad.

http://hexentic.com/wads/HeXen3_PublicV2_0.wad

First of all I have to give some of acknowledges for the people who was being directly supporting this mod. the credits were added in this version so you can see the masters of HeXen 3

Changelog
    Level Design
  • Zandronum bug in the 1st Hub that allows you to skip the Rusted Key in the Swamp of Torik in cooperative is fixed.
  • Shadow Caverns has an extra script when you pick the ring of fire
  • Chaos holder zone in Korax Fortress now is more easy to recognice, besides the zone was enhanced a little with better design
  • The hall near to the Inner Castle entry in the Korax Village was enhanced
  • Some textures were changed in Hub 2
  • The area near of Bell's guard was enhanced
  • The entry of Torik Citadel is now open

Game
  • Secret Hub was added
  • Burai Encounter
  • Even if Burai's encounter is optional, it will affect the ending of the final game, it also grants you the portal directly to Korax Fortress (Otherwise you will return to the South Tower after you finish the hub)
  • Designers Map was put as official map
  • 5th weapon was added to DarkKnight: "Serpent Riders Staff" it allows you to summon other dark knight to help you, if you are using the powered version it summons an invisible warrior
  • 5th Weapon was added to Monk: "Serpent Riders Staff" it allows you to summon a ghost to revive dead monsters, if you are using the powered version, it summon a wraith ghost that revives monsters but also attacks the enemy
  • 5th Weapon was added to Hermit: "Serpent Riders Staff" it allows you to summon a Elemental Bishop to help you, if you are using the powered version it summons 3 elemental wendigos (fire, poison and ice)
  • Monk ghosts now disappear after a little time (preventing the spamming that you can do in the first beta in cooperative)
  • Hermit 3rd weapon was replaced
  • Monk 3rd weapon was changed to a different weapon and moved to the 5th slot. Also new weapon was added to replace the 3rd slot
  • Melee weapons are fixed with their puffs and damage (Monk and Hermit are not done as weapon itself)
  • Taurustar Decorate was changed, now he attacks better

Graphics
  • Purple Mana sprites changed
  • Credits pic was added
  • Frame animations of some weapons were changed
  • Dark Knight weapon sprites are done.
Taurustar

Postby Ichor » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:04 pm

Vegeta(dw) wrote:I hope you don't steal maps from Carnage Galore this time :lol:

You mean this?
Taurustar wrote:Image

Eh...I won't complain. It's not too bad looking there. Tons of mana though.
Ichor
The fun cannot be halted

Postby Taurustar » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:13 pm

Yea he meant that map since is available in the old 2010 version... But yea in this year version the map has a lot of MP because you need it.
Taurustar

Postby 4thcharacter » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:16 am

I'm playing this now and it's good so far, but I encountered a bug in the first hub.

Entering Heresiarch's temple from the orchard crashes the game.

Also...

Spoiler:

NVM the spoilered message. I found a way!
4thcharacter
"I have returned."

Postby Taurustar » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:47 pm

4thcharacter wrote:I'm playing this now and it's good so far, but I encountered a bug in the first hub.

Entering Heresiarch's temple from the orchard crashes the game.

Is the first time that I actually hear about that bug, but thanks for the info... I'll check it and fix in the 2.1 version
Taurustar

Postby 4thcharacter » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:54 pm

Also, this isn't complete yet? The later maps just send me to an original Hexen map with a different skybox.
4thcharacter
"I have returned."

Postby Taurustar » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:55 pm

4thcharacter wrote:Also, this isn't complete yet? The later maps just send me to an original Hexen map with a different skybox.

Actually there are only 11 maps(Map01 to Map11) + a secret hub with 5 maps(Map 90 to 93 and map00)... so from Map12 is normal to see the original HeXen maps, there still other 2 hubs unpublished yet
Taurustar

Postby zombie_ryushu » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:38 am

I want to try and pick up this Project from Taurustar if I can, I and my partner are working on a deal to take over as director on this project in the long term. Its up to Taurustar, andhe is always welcome to work with us. We put a little work on this project in with him, and he participated in A New World with us on our team, I'd like to lend a hand.
zombie_ryushu

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects