[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

D3athStalker

Re: [v3.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

Rowsol wrote:If I'm dual wielding the shotguns, begin a reload on the left one, and try firing the weapon while it's reloading the weapons vanish from the screen until I press reload again or switch weapons.

I was running around testing things and I picked up a powerup. When it wore off I realized I wasn't losing excess health anymore. My 352 health wasn't going down. Sorry, I don't know if that's intentional or what power up it was. I know it made the screen red.

The effect of the dragon breath upgrade for the shotty is way too much. I can't even see what I'm shooting at half the time.

After having spent some time now with the mod I can say that ammo is too plentiful. I halved the total ammo I get and I still had no issues with monster health set to 200%.

Having all the weapons +NOAUTOFIRE makes it a real chore to start firing after a reload.

With the chaingunners dropping the more rare AR weapons it makes them trivial to get.

When dual wielding the pistols they no longer automatically reload when firing with an empty mag.
Yeah I have seen that bug before, gonna polish the dual wield weapons for the next update.

It's probably Crimson Potion you have picked up since it's the new upgrade/powerup I have added. Also if something is strange and you don't know if it's intentional or not, 90% of the cases it's not. Lol

I tried to make the DB rounds similar to real life ones, but if it's a huge concern, I can add a CVar that recovers the old DB effects or at least reduces the current effects.

I hear that complaint quite a lot, I planned to add an ammo CVar a while ago but I probably forgot it. Ammo cvar will be coming for the next update (and probably new, more balanced difficulty modes even later down the line).

+NOAUTOFIRE exists so that you cannot "auto fire" ADS, also not making every single weapon automatic while dual wielded.

If you're suggesting to add an option that makes non-AR weapons prespawned while AR itself gets dropped from chaingunners, that's a pretty solid suggestion I'd say.

(Read my first comment)
ClessxAlghazanth wrote:The hud elements on the top right seem to overlap each other :? How can I fix this issue ?

(Using GZDoom 4.6.1 gles branch)

Best regards
You gotta adjust the scaling of your HUD from the options menu, it's way too big.
ClessxAlghazanth

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

You gotta adjust the scaling of your HUD from the options menu, it's way too big.
Thanks , I was able to get it displayed as it should :)

Btw , not a bug , but the main screen background effects seem to choke my pc quite a bit (I get mostly constant framerate with all the visual eye-candy enabled in-game though opposed to that :o )

Would it be possible to add an option to disable it (replace with DI logo) or make a low-detail version of it by any chance ?

(I must say it's one of the coolest screens I've ever seen :twisted: )
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

The flamethrower mode is weak. It takes about 50% more ammo to kill without an upgrade and more than double ammo to kill the spidermastermind once it's fire damage has been upgraded. More than the default mode of course.
The Leichenfaust is incredibly ammo efficient. It takes 15 cells to kill a spider whereas the Tesla takes 40.

I picked up a rune of vitality and got 'runaway script "wolfensteinregen" terminated'. My health also stopped dropping when overhealed after that happened.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

ClessxAlghazanth wrote:
Thanks , I was able to get it displayed as it should :)

Btw , not a bug , but the main screen background effects seem to choke my pc quite a bit (I get mostly constant framerate with all the visual eye-candy enabled in-game though opposed to that :o )

Would it be possible to add an option to disable it (replace with DI logo) or make a low-detail version of it by any chance ?

(I must say it's one of the coolest screens I've ever seen :twisted: )
It's probably the smoke effects on the ground. I can make them not appear in performance options.
Rowsol wrote:The flamethrower mode is weak. It takes about 50% more ammo to kill without an upgrade and more than double ammo to kill the spidermastermind once it's fire damage has been upgraded. More than the default mode of course.
The Leichenfaust is incredibly ammo efficient. It takes 15 cells to kill a spider whereas the Tesla takes 40.

I picked up a rune of vitality and got 'runaway script "wolfensteinregen" terminated'. My health also stopped dropping when overhealed after that happened.
The flamethrower mode works the best against crowds of enemies, it's not really ideal for singular boss type enemies.

Leichenfaust is supposed to be the rarer BFG variant, so it's stronger.

The Wolfenstein regen script got pretty unstable after 3.1 it seems. It's going to be my main focus for the next update, which might end up mostly being a bugfix update considering how many bug reports I keep getting. Lol
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I have a couple general questions.

Why is the armor limited to 200/300 whereas health isn't?
Why does the soulsphere replacement give a measly 80 health?
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Rowsol wrote:I have a couple general questions.

Why is the armor limited to 200/300 whereas health isn't?
Why does the soulsphere replacement give a measly 80 health?
Health is limited if you're playing as Rayne, although BJ can overcharge his health above the limit. This was not the case with armor, except it is now, since the new contraption that replaces Plasma Edge allows the player to overcharge armor.

The health pickups in this game are based on the ones from Wolfenstein: The New Order (except the mega health). The biggest health pickup in that game gives 80 so I just decided to roll with it for the soulsphere replacement.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Ahh, okay, it all makes sense now.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

A couple of bugs to report:
-The explosions created by Blaz's berserk hatchet swing (the purely melee attack, not the berserk hatchet throw) cause massive self damage - trying to berserk melee a target frequently results in self-inflicted death.

-When cross wielding is set to "reload each weapon individually", the Leichenfaust and Teslakanone cannot be reloaded when cross wielding them. However, this problem ONLY occurs if you have cross-wielded weapons other than the Leichenfaust/Teslakanone in the past - if the Leichen/Tesla are the first weapons you select for cross wielding in a game and you never try selecting any others, individual reloading will work. Reloading also works fine if cross wielding is set to "reload both".
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Upgrading the SSG doesn't play a sound.
Okay, well it didn't the last time I did it but I just tested and it did this time... Here's what I was referring to. https://youtu.be/J_aS6sKc2i0?t=1327

This is the third time I've ran into a bug in game and then couldn't reproduce it. One time I couldn't pull out a second grimm without it firing nonstop on the left gun and another bug was when I couldn't fire the inferno shotgun at all when dual wielding them. Both issues fixed themselves on a level load and I haven't been able to reproduce them.
Edit: I'm thinking the issues above may have been caused by viewtopic.php?f=43&t=71364&hilit=keeper

I've noticed that if I die while holding down melee attack I continue to swing them while dead. If I resurrect myself I keep swinging it.

I think the items may need +DONTGIB. I had a plasmarifle pickup vanish while playing earlier.

The upgrades for the SSG aren't even close. The flak is next to useless, it won't rip through the guys even though RIPPER is clearly there in the code (check here for a fix). The slug explosions are dangerous and only do marginally more than the buckshot, and the dragon's breath completely annihilates anything it hits and it can't hurt you.

The hud icon for many of the heavy weapon upgrades don't light up when obtained. Only seems to work with the AR and grimmhammer.

The green armor that is supposed to give 75 was giving me 300 while I was last playing the game. I started a new game and it gives the standard 75 as it should. Maybe something to do with the armor upgrades.

Why does your hatchet hurt you when you have berserk?

I was playing the first few doom 2 maps and I realized if I used the mouse wheel to select my weapons I could pull out dual SSGs even though I had never picked one up. Using the number keys resulted in the correct guns showing up, which was just the normal shotgun. Strange bug there.
Last edited by Rowsol on Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ClessxAlghazanth

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

Can I ask in what entries Doom Incarnate's control settings are stored in GZDoom's .ini file ?

I mean , for example , for another mod , Doom Delta , they are stored in :

[Doom.DoomDelta_Keys.Bindings]

I'm asking this because I was cleaning up/organizing my bloated .ini file and want to keep key settings for mods I constantly play

Best regards
RedClairefield

Post by RedClairefield »

Man, I kept passing this mod over and over because from the name I thought it was another "Wolfenstein 3D in the doom engine" thing. Glad I finally gave it a try, it's pretty interesting. I really like the Bloodrayne content.
Rodman909

Re: [v1.3] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by Rodman909 »

D3athStalker wrote:
BcSeed7 wrote:Holy, this is insane, instantly one of my top 3 weapons pack. Great job dude.
But i have one question, can u run it with Brutal Doom, or at least with brutal doom monsters? It seems kinda easy, even on hardest diff.
Thanks, glad to hear that :D
It is compatible with BD Monsters, load the mod after BD Monsters to make it work properly.
When you think about it, tthis mod's arsenal is a lot like Brutal Doom v21. You've got...
  • A pistol with a three-round burst mode
    A submachine gun
    A fully-automatic shotgun in addition to the pump-action and double-barrel shotguns
    An assault rifle
    A grenade launcher
    A long-range energy weapon (the Laserkraftwerk)
    A fully-automatic BFG (the Leichenfaust)
devlman127

Post by devlman127 »

Using GZDoom 4.5, the Firemode Select seems to be missing from the options menu.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Dual Sub Machine Gun (w/ fully upgraded) wont shoot for some reason
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

There's something up with the health system. When I get beyond 180 health my health starts to drop even if I have enough healthupgrades to get 200 health.
I also can't seem to figure out why sometimes I'm able to get above 300 armor.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”