Sorry I haven't been replying to this, I've went on another break playing other games after a short comeback.
I will update it now and again though and take feedback from here into account.
Cool finally a thread for complex, hope I'm not too late for feedback heh
- Why are there random locations on item respawns? Items that were neatly in a line are now a chore to pick up.
- The quick hands sprite (the weapon switch drop) looks really out of place compared to everything else
- Love the railgun targeting, truely awesome and allows for better monster reading!
- Imp and pinky charges can damage a player across monster blocking midtextures/lines, while the itself monster never comes into contact with the player.
- Give the cardinal a different DoomEd number please, spacewars is full of cardinals D:
- Something that has bothered me for quite some time are the weapon selection orders. Right now they aren't the best when you get caught with your pants down.
- For Slot 7: BFG should be selected before DTBFG. The latter is a situational gun that requires some planning to use anyway. Having a DTBFG punishes the player with slower access to the stock BFG.
- For Slot 6: The preferred order would be DTrifle > Plasma > Rail. The reasoning being that high fire rate guns are the goto guns in a pinch. Due to its low fire rate and clipsize the railgun should be the last one in the selection.
- For Slot 5: RL before GL, again the RL is the more useful gun in most situations.
- The BFG reload is a just little bit too slow.
- Can't stack mines anymore, possibly this was changed to stop abusing monsters for teleing in?
Keep them updates coming man.
-Items do that because of the ammo respawn cvar I put in, it was to remove the need to load the ammo respawning addon I did for it. I should've fixed the it before releasing but I never thought it would be much of an issue.
-Yeah, as I said, and was pointed out by another guy, the perk pickup (and the weapon upgrade pickups) will be changed eventually, it is more of a placeholder as it is now.
-The pinky/imp/famine lunge attack needs to be reworked yeah, they are slightly better than they were from 26a2 but they still do that crap you pointed out.
-No clue whats going on with that Cardinal spawning on SW, I had a server up with it shortly before I took another break and they didn't spawn anymore than their random chance.
-The weapon selection order, eeeeh, they have been that way ever since and I doubt I'd change them now.
-Agree on the BFG reload speed, having it reload now (I should have did the reload on it when I started adding reloadable weapons) is a major nerf to the weapon. I will buff it on next release.
-The mine stacking was removed for not only that reason, but it was silly to be able to stack endless mines on top of each other.
@epiccolton26 The AR is the CG replacement though, I doubt I'd remove the chaintap ability from it now after this long.
@JustSomeGuy Yeah, heh. A few people are still confused about the grenade arc change but the old arc was goofy and they were thrown beneath the crosshair. What I plan on doing eventually, is giving the player the ability to hold grenades, the longer you hold them the further they are thrown, the mines will get the same treatment.
@Silentdarkness12 I will also sort this out in the next release, thanks for pointing it out.
The download on the first page works for me, though I've noticed TSPG randomly goes down and or can't be reached sometimes, it was most likely that.