Factotum [25/09/18] Both games updated

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Factotum [22/09/18] Arrange Mode V3

Postby GAA1992 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Ohh, thanks yukes!

I am going to update it again. Give me a few hours.
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.

Re: Factotum [25/09/18] Arrange Mode v3.1

Postby GAA1992 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Well, after some struggle with the code, i finally merged some changes that i kinda lost track and had to do again. But nothing major except some details were re-done. Now i believe i am finally free from Arrange mode to work the main Factotum game again.

Spoiler: Your daily changelog

Grab Arrange mode 3.1 here!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/y1j617gczqkj1yj/Factotum+Arrange+%5B250918%5D.pk3
GAA1992

Re: Factotum [25/09/18] Both games updated

Postby GAA1992 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:37 pm

After a long wait, the vanilla version was updated!

I don't really NEED to list the changes, because they all featured during this time on Arrange Mode. But, of course, i've kept the old ammo quantities and 2 repair kits limit. The really NEW things are sounds to each weapon (aside from the vanilla sounds), and some menu graphics.

Bugs, or crashing features, please feedback to me!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0d97p4335g9nvv7/Factotum+%5B260918%5D.pk3

P.S.: I forgot to increase the reload time of the shotgun back to the vanilla value, but i don't think this is a major issue, given you can use the P94.

Feedback is appreciated. Have fun!

EDIT: Had to upload again because some bugs appeared. But i think nobody had the time to download it.
GAA1992

Postby VriskaSerket » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:27 pm

I'm late to the party, but let me say this mod is awesome! It feels really good coupled with the Ashes 2063 maps, it really does feel like a proper survival horror experience (especially with the actual soundtrack of various survival horror games and similar playing) and it particularly feels very Resident Evil-ish in the map Damage Control.
I wonder if there will be more weapons and whatnot someday?

Also as a bonus, I loved the intro disclaimer typical in PS1 survival horror titles, so I made a bunch of variations:
Spoiler:
VriskaSerket
NeoMetalSonic360

Postby GAA1992 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:37 am

Thanks a lot man!

I do have plans for Factotum indeed. As i posted some time ago in the "Project Ideas you have", i want to explore a little bit more from the weapons and not just some "take inventory-give inventory".

Spoiler:

But, if the question is if this first game will be touched, maybe yes, but not as much as bugfixes or small tweaks. I want to keep both variations (normal and Arrange) intact on its trails, so a possible Factotum 2 would expand those ideas.

Also, thanks a lot for the screenies! I am dead sure to use them in the future (i'll try to make a random screen showing up if possible). In case you haven't seen, both Arrange and Normal Factotum have different disclaimer screens =p

Hope you enjoy it even more. Cheers!
GAA1992

Postby VriskaSerket » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:32 pm

GAA1992 wrote:Thanks a lot man!

I do have plans for Factotum indeed. As i posted some time ago in the "Project Ideas you have", i want to explore a little bit more from the weapons and not just some "take inventory-give inventory".

But, if the question is if this first game will be touched, maybe yes, but not as much as bugfixes or small tweaks. I want to keep both variations (normal and Arrange) intact on its trails, so a possible Factotum 2 would expand those ideas.

Also, thanks a lot for the screenies! I am dead sure to use them in the future (i'll try to make a random screen showing up if possible). In case you haven't seen, both Arrange and Normal Factotum have different disclaimer screens =p

Hope you enjoy it even more. Cheers!

That's good to hear! This is definitely one of my favorite mods out there! I know you don't plan to add much more to the original Factotum, but it'd be nice to see flame or acid rounds for the grenade launcher, I knew they weren't there but seeing the ol' grenade bag gives me that nostalgia.
Also lookin' forward for whatever comes next! Great job on these, mate!

SNEAKY EDIT: Just a couple more intro screens because Factotum mixes really well with Ashes maps.
Spoiler:
VriskaSerket
NeoMetalSonic360

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods