La Tailor Girl v1.85b Daina's new Voice

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Apteral10
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H [happy new year]

Post by Apteral10 »

Rex R wrote:Daina can upgrade the barrel (outfit points maxes out,and the barrel gets a cute bow).
Rex
Welp... That required me to take a trip to Barrels o Fun map few times and I managed to get the outfit and play around with it. I wonder what Hege has in store for us.
Neophyte_Ronin
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:26 pm

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H [happy new year]

Post by Neophyte_Ronin »

LaTailorGirl_v1_66.pk3:zplayer/armors.zsc, line 1501: Unknown flag 'PowerSpeed.NoTrail'
LaTailorGirl_v1_66.pk3:zplayer/armors.zsc, line 1815: Unknown flag 'PowerSpeed.NoTrail'
LaTailorGirl_v1_66.pk3:zplayer/armors.zsc, line 5467: Unknown flag 'PowerSpeed.NoTrail'
LaTailorGirl_v1_66.pk3:zplayer/normfists.zsc, line 2247: Unknown flag 'PowerSpeed.NoTrail'
LaTailorGirl_v1_66.pk3:zplayer/biggun.zsc, line 4108: Unknown flag 'PowerSpeed.NoTrail'

Exectution could not continue (5 errors, 0 warnings while compiling LaTailorGirl_v1_66.pk3:zscript.txt

Also does it in v1_689 as well. Using GZDoom 3.7.1 64-bit.

EDIT: Since this is set to ZPlayer and concerns Z-Script, I'm going to check what the equivalent is, assuming one exists....

I'll try v1.7....
User avatar
fakemai
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:26 am
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)
Location: Australia

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H [happy new year]

Post by fakemai »

No need, it's a mod bug but it's been fixed in latest. Read back a bit in this thread.
Apteral10
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H [happy new year]

Post by Apteral10 »

Neophyte_Ronin wrote:LaTailorGirl_v1_66.pk3:zplayer/armors.zsc, line 1501: Unknown flag 'PowerSpeed.NoTrail'
LaTailorGirl_v1_66.pk3:zplayer/armors.zsc, line 1815: Unknown flag 'PowerSpeed.NoTrail'
LaTailorGirl_v1_66.pk3:zplayer/armors.zsc, line 5467: Unknown flag 'PowerSpeed.NoTrail'
LaTailorGirl_v1_66.pk3:zplayer/normfists.zsc, line 2247: Unknown flag 'PowerSpeed.NoTrail'
LaTailorGirl_v1_66.pk3:zplayer/biggun.zsc, line 4108: Unknown flag 'PowerSpeed.NoTrail'

Exectution could not continue (5 errors, 0 warnings while compiling LaTailorGirl_v1_66.pk3:zscript.txt

Also does it in v1_689 as well. Using GZDoom 3.7.1 64-bit.

EDIT: Since this is set to ZPlayer and concerns Z-Script, I'm going to check what the equivalent is, assuming one exists....

I'll try v1.7....
I suggest checking about every two months is there a new GZdoom version. I had for a long time a old version of GZdoom which always reported a fluidsynth error when I completed a level.
Milestone
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:56 am

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H [happy new year]

Post by Milestone »

Say, in anticipation of Nari's further development, I wanted some opinions:
What are some good mutiplayer-focused map packs that people'd think would be fun to use with this mod? I also have been using Colorful Hell and other enemy mods to boost up enemy strength to "challenging" levels for some solo map packs I've been playing, to note I have that kind of thing on hand.

Also, while I'm at it, is there a console command or the like to invoke in Doom/Doom 2 that lets all players collect a key if one picks them up, like in Heretic/Hexen and Chex Quest? If there was something that let you share key pickups between all players, I forgot about that, like, a decade ago.
Apteral10
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H [happy new year]

Post by Apteral10 »

I guess Hege is very busy with school or work right now. I have played this mod less since I haven't found any reason to as I have played it through quite many times but what I can remember from my game time is that I haven't come across with any bugs so far and mod works as intended.
Apteral10
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H [happy new year]

Post by Apteral10 »

Is your ambition a problem or not interested to continue developing this mod Hege? I will not count out that you very likely could be busy with IRL but the few times updating Colourfull hell leads me to guess that you have worked on this mod to certain extent.
User avatar
Deszera
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:33 pm

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H [happy new year]

Post by Deszera »

Apteral10 wrote:Is your ambition a problem or not interested to continue developing this mod Hege? I will not count out that you very likely could be busy with IRL but the few times updating Colourfull hell leads me to guess that you have worked on this mod to certain extent.
It's safe to assume hege cactus isnt doing this fulltime, the time between last version to this version was also roughly 3 or so months, Hege cactus just posted this in january, gib him some time dud
User avatar
Hege Cactus
 
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:23 am

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H [happy new year]

Post by Hege Cactus »

I have a lot of things on my plate and I cant solely focus on this mod all the time

one big thing I have going right now related to this mod is that I am updating Daina's sprites as they were really outdated and it started to bug me a lot.
This mod is more time consuming to work on than CH due of all the sprite work

So seriously, if I take time to update, then consider the fact that some mods can take year or more to release updates in between
I cannot be 100% full steaming this mod all the time I'm just one person after all.
User avatar
Captain J
 
 
Posts: 16833
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 am
Location: A Year old Pizza Box

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H [happy new year]

Post by Captain J »

Are you going to replace all of her sprites including various outfitted ones? Yeah, that sounds it's gonna take several aeons and such, but that's reasonable. You probably should get help from someone for easy progress, you know? I wish you good luck with the updating. No matter how longer this will take, it'll be done!
User avatar
fakemai
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:26 am
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)
Location: Australia

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H [happy new year]

Post by fakemai »

Hege Cactus wrote:one big thing I have going right now related to this mod is that I am updating Daina's sprites as they were really outdated and it started to bug me a lot.
This mod is more time consuming to work on than CH due of all the sprite work
I'll just say, the character sprite work is not great or anything, but I really REALLY appreciate seeing someone actually going the extra mile and making new visual assets, it's a rare thing in most Doom mods. You also make up for it by including lots of minor details in your mods, that actually sells me on a lot of things because it shows care on the part of the author. Anyway, I can't wait to see the new thing.

P.S. Did that other user ever continue with Heretic support? If not I'm inclined to try at some point. It didn't look that hard to do.
User avatar
RedClairefield
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:25 am

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H [happy new year]

Post by RedClairefield »

I like what you've done and am looking forward to more
JingAqua
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:14 am

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H [happy new year]

Post by JingAqua »

Let's just say....

The outfits are really fun to use, weapons can easily kill stuff that can ruin your day normally. I wasn't joking, most of the Colorful Hell enemies tend to die easily from some of the augments such as the EX Bikini or even the Maid outfit.

Though I need to ask, how do you get the barrel outfit? The Miko one, I found is stupidly rare. Had to spam summons and rig the black enemy chance just to get one from the drops.

EDIT: I binded a summon barrel command. It's rare, really.
Last edited by JingAqua on Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rex R
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:09 am

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H [happy new year]

Post by Rex R »

the barrel outfit is rather shy, and so it likes to hide in with normal barrels. anyplace that has more than 2 or 3 normal barrels fairly close together has an increased chance of having a barrel outfit hiding in their midst. look for an 'empty barrel' or one you can walkthrough.
Rex
Apteral10
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H [happy new year]

Post by Apteral10 »

JingAqua wrote:Let's just say....

The outfits are really fun to use, weapons can easily kill stuff that can ruin your day normally. I wasn't joking, most of the Colorful Hell enemies tend to die easily from some of the augments such as the EX Bikini or even the Maid outfit.

Though I need to ask, how do you get the barrel outfit? The Miko one, I found is stupidly rare. Had to spam summons and rig the black enemy chance just to get one from the drops.
Best map to find the barrel outfit and possibly getting upgraded version of that is the Barrels 'O Fun map in the default map pack of Doom 2 or the Maps of Chaos version. I suggest playing the Maps of Chaos Overkill version of it, as it has A LOT of barrels which means a lot of chances to have the barrel outfit spawn. Also the maps of chaos is a lot of fun.

The Miko ninja outfit... Is just randomly dropped by black or white CH enemies. I HIGHLY doubt it drops naturally on a spot where there is usually armor pickup of blue variation or megasphere.

*EDITED*: I made a mistake on the MoC map pack version. It is the overkill which has huge amount of barrels in the Barrels 'O Fun map.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”