Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
User avatar
ClessxAlghazanth
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:29 am

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

I noticed that flashlight in EVP doesn't illuminate as a beam coming from helmet (or r/l shoulder , where it is placed) , instead illuminates a circle area around the player for me

Is it intended behaviour , or is something wrong ?

I'm asking this because other flashlight mods I used (standalone one and the one in BDBE) behaved differently :roll:

Best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
A_D_M_E_R_A_L
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:55 am

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Post by A_D_M_E_R_A_L »

ClessxAlghazanth wrote:I noticed that flashlight in EVP doesn't illuminate as a beam coming from helmet (or r/l shoulder , where it is placed) , instead illuminates a circle area around the player for me

Is it intended behaviour , or is something wrong ?

I'm asking this because other flashlight mods I used (standalone one and the one in BDBE) behaved differently :roll:

Best regards
What's your render mode? It works as intended only on "Hardware accelerated" render mode.
LoreCannon
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:46 pm

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Post by LoreCannon »

You can customize the beam in the flashlight options to do just what you're asking Clessx.


Also... turn off Trilinear filtering.
User avatar
ClessxAlghazanth
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:29 am

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

api=OpenGL ES
render mode=Hardware accelerated

These are my settings
LoreCannon wrote:You can customize the beam in the flashlight options to do just what you're asking Clessx.


Also... turn off Trilinear filtering.

I tried changing the settings in mod options - flashlight with no avail . I can change the beam color but still a big round circle around Doomguy

How can I turn triple buffer off ?
User avatar
kalensar
Posts: 401
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:40 pm
Operating System Version (Optional): linux mint 20

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Post by kalensar »

ClessxAlghazanth wrote:api=OpenGL ES
render mode=Hardware accelerated

These are my settings
LoreCannon wrote:You can customize the beam in the flashlight options to do just what you're asking Clessx.


Also... turn off Trilinear filtering.

I tried changing the settings in mod options - flashlight with no avail . I can change the beam color but still a big round circle around Doomguy

How can I turn triple buffer off ?
You go to Display Settings >> then Textures. The filtering is the very top option.

Personally I love trilinear, but I also don't use Dynamic lights unless the mod absolutely needs it like Flashlight mods, HONTE or D64ifier
User avatar
ClessxAlghazanth
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:29 am

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

You go to Display Settings >> then Textures. The filtering is the very top option.

Personally I love trilinear, but I also don't use Dynamic lights unless the mod absolutely needs it like Flashlight mods, HONTE or D64ifier
Thanks

Tried turning it off , using bilinear filtering , switched almost every option on and off in textures menu , but no difference :cry:

Edit: To answer my own question , it was because spotlights were not working properly in the gles build. Hope it gets fixed in the next build :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
cyberdemon_ass
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:54 pm

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Post by cyberdemon_ass »

Hello.
I only have an old device and I've been playing EVP with LZDoom, which was recently updated, but I can only run it up to v2.4c and it has a bug like the gif image.
http://imgur.com/gallery/oO6hidT
Will there be support for LZDoom in the future?
User avatar
A_D_M_E_R_A_L
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:55 am

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Post by A_D_M_E_R_A_L »

LZD support was never my aim and I have no clue what happened to the offsets there. If you can, try the GLES fork of GZD.
User avatar
cyberdemon_ass
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:54 pm

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Post by cyberdemon_ass »

I see
I'll check out the GLES one
dead6
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:33 am
Location: Santo claro cinco filipino

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Post by dead6 »

nothing special:



btw u have older ones...... The latest version somehow dont work on lzdoom ty
User avatar
ClessxAlghazanth
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:29 am

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

dead6 wrote:nothing special:



btw u have older ones...... The latest version somehow dont work on lzdoom ty
Did you try running on latest GZDoom with gles 2.0 renderer ?
dead6
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:33 am
Location: Santo claro cinco filipino

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Post by dead6 »

no on my mobile like delta touch btw it have gzdoom 4.6.1 but its laggy for low spec phone..
User avatar
kalensar
Posts: 401
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:40 pm
Operating System Version (Optional): linux mint 20

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Post by kalensar »

dead6 wrote:no on my mobile like delta touch btw it have gzdoom 4.6.1 but its laggy for low spec phone..
I'd recommend you get a cheapo chromebook. They run really well for Doom and can use both Linux stuff and Android Playstore stuff.
User avatar
A_D_M_E_R_A_L
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:55 am

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Post by A_D_M_E_R_A_L »

2.6a (23/9/21)
Spoiler:
Some of the changes also affect the Monsters-Only version
User avatar
ClessxAlghazanth
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:29 am

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

Error with latest Monsters-only version

Using latest GZDoom build (pre-6) released today

My load order was

Doom Ii : In Spain Only (map wad - vanilla compatible)
EVP Monsters-only
Doom Incarnate
CrosshairHP
Hitmarkers

I tried with FInal Doomer , HnD , nothing but just the monsters only mod and same error every time

I haven't encountered such error before the recent update

Best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”