HeXeReTiC Fantasy v3.1.1 (Update 27 Oct 2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v2.2 (Updated 1 Oct 2020)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Version 2.2 of H-Fantasy is up! 8-)

Here you have an extract of the latest changes (remember that this info is also included in the README text file):
- Oh yeah, HeXeReTiC Fantasy keeps growing bit by bit, and now has arrived a new update, in shape of version 2.2! Although there may still be some things to do and others to perfect, the mod continues to evolve for bringing you more fun, more diversity and of course, a little more difficulty. In this new fresh release the bestiary has increased significantly, with more dangerous foes to fight, including a couple of new Big bosses! Now let me introduce you to all of them...
  • + Plague Gargoyle (here it comes another of these small annoying flying beasts, and like its name suggests, it will be a pain in the neck to confront one or more of these little monsters, because they will enjoy pestering you with harmful acid fireballs that could be hard to avoid, so it will be better take care with them).

+ Petragargos (that's it, a new close relative of the well-known Managargos and Toxogargos has now emerged from the same cesspool as its filthy siblings. Quite hard to believe that a solid-as-a-rock beast can stay in flight, but it is like that. Watch out for its petrifying rays, and avoid using electric attacks against it, they won't work at all! On the other hand, your ice-based weapons will be the best option to quickly finish off these stoney gargoyles).

+ Millipede (hope you don't get afraid of insects, because if you are, you'll may have a hard time against these huge myriapods eager to turn you into their dinner. At least they're not too strong, and in the absence of a good insecticide your magic weapons will be effective enough to squash them like flies).

+ Gelid Millipede (oh crap, is there even more of these disgusting myriapods? Sadly yes... and if that wasn't enough, these sub-species of the standard Millipedes have managed adapting to extremely low temperatures, hence their frosty appearance. So maybe it would be a good time to use your best magic fire weapons, don't you think so?)

+ Hellish Slayer (well, now is the time to talk about some more important and dangerous enemies, and undoubtly this is one of them. An imposing and fearsome adversary that uses its enchanted sword to attack at both close and long range. Fast-moving and quite aggressive, the most convenient thing will be to get rid of it as soon as possible.)

+ Harpy (more aerial trouble, as if there weren't enough already... This female flying monstrosity is as agile as an eagle and as fierce as such, perhaps even more so. As soon as this thing sets its eye on you, it won't stop low-flying and trying to hurt you with its sharp claws. Do not allow in any way this raptor to turn you into shredded meat!)

+ Metal Lich Tank [Big boss] (unfortunately, and as incredible as it sounds, it appears that the Serpent Riders' henchmen are becoming much more adept at importing sophisticated war machines from another unknown dimensions into this world, and one of their most recent terrible creations is this one here, a large heavily armored tank topped with a replica of an Iron Lich head, to make it even more imposing. The identity of the pilot of this evilish armored vehicle is unknown at the moment, but actually that's not your biggest concern. If by chance you come across one of these mechanized aberrations, you should get ready for a very hard battle, or probably you won't live to tell your grandchildren).

+ Giga-Golem [Big boss] (at last, and after so long, the true source of all those perfid Golems that are part of D'Sparil's guard has been discovered. It's nothing less than the supreme king of the Golems, or better said the Golem Emperor, whose real name is... the Giga-Golem! And seriously, there is nothing good that can be said about this extremely strong beast. It's already known that it loves to create severe trails of chaos and destruction wherever it walks through, and with its powerful ability to throw large boulders at long distances, it is fully capable of reducing all types of structures to rubble, no matter how solid they may be. Nobody has ever been able to defeat this hulking monster, and who knows what could happen if by chance you meet it face to face...)
- There is also a couple of new hostile decoration elements you could encounter in your adventures: the Ice Diamond Turret (a substitute for the already known Cursed Diamond Turrets, but instead of bombarding intruders with purple magic projectiles, this device launches dangerous freezing bolts that can turn anyone within reach into icy statues) and the Desert Flytrap (a mutation of the original Killer Plants which, as its name suggests, it's prepared to survive under the pressure of very hot and desert climates and it hardly needs water to continue living and chasing its victims. Speaking about it, and unlike its jungle relative, this plant attacks with a blast of poisonous darts to kill its unwary victim before proceeding to eat it).

- From now you'll be able to find a new helpful item that could make your life easier with such a horde of fierce enemies: the Heroic Potion! And in case you're wondering what this thing actually does, I'll tell you that its effects are extremely positive. When you find one (or more) of this fabulous liquid jars, your Level Experience Bar will raise a lot - not as foam, but almost- without needing to fight versus any foes at all! So this way, you will gain more Level Ups and higher status levels in a simpler and easier way than before. Not everything was going to be negative things, right? ;)

- Fixed a minor issue with the actors that replace the second form of D'Sparil, whose spawned monsters were not eliminated when the Big boss reaches its death state. (Seems that the A_KillChildren Decorate function wasn't able to perform the desired action, so it has been replaced with a Thing_Destroy script which works 100%, so all remaining monsters in the map are now properly killed).

- Some other minor changes, bugfixes, tweaks and code optimizations.
Needless to say that the updated download links are awaiting you at the first post... :winker:

Hope you keep enjoying and having fun dudes! 8-)
Hexereticdoom

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v2.2.1 (Updated 7 Oct 2020)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Updated the mod to version 2.2.1, which adds a little new features and fixes some issues present in previous release.

Here is a small changelog extracted from the README text file included in the pack:
- A total of three new pickup items have been added to help you in your heretical adventures! Just keep reading to learn a bit more about them:
  • - Resistance Boost Jar: a round, shiny flask filled with a strange purple liquid with very positive properties; as soon as you get one, your current Shield level will be immediately increased with a random value between 50 and 100 Shield Points. If the player is not equipped with any shield, the pickup effect is the same, but he will only receive a 20% of damage protection. So then, it's quite recommended to pick it up after you get any of the stronger shields available on your current map location!

- Super Bag Of Holding: a shiny golden bag quite similar to the old well-known Bag Of Holding, but with the advantage that this new one brings five times more ammunition than normal! Undoubtly, it will be a great find if you are lucky enough to stumble upon one of them.

- Mega Map Scroll: a reinforced, far superior version of the standard Map Scroll, which not only reveals the current map level in its entirety, but will also give to the player the location of all monsters, items, artifacts and any other elements when accessing to Automap mode!
- Fixed an issue related to some player weapons with seeker projectiles, which in some cases they were erroneously directed primarily against certain hostile decorations when inactive, like Killer Plants and Desert Flytraps in their dormant state. So then, your fired seeking shots will chase the aforementioned enemies only when they are awake.

- From now, the GZDoom/LZDoom's Drop Weapon command key has been internally disabled using some special flags, to prevent the player exploiting a cheat by repeatedly throwing and picking up all those weapons already obtained in the game, gradually filling up this way the current ammunition amount used by said weapon. (Although it is not a command normally used by players, I have preferred to permanently disable it for all weapons in the mod, including those that use infinite ammo or do not use it at all).

- Fixed a minor bug related to the Powered Hellish Ballista's aura sound effect, that was not correctly interrupted when the weapon was not anymore under the Tome of Power's influence.

- Updated the HUD for showing the Map Scroll type you pick up in the current map level (if any).

- Some other minor changes, tweaks and bugfixes.
As usual, the updated download links are available at the first post. Enjoy and keep having fun! 8-)
Hexereticdoom

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v2.2.2 (Updated 17 Oct 2020)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Version 2.2.2 is up, which brings some extra features and a few bugfixes and tweaks respect from previous releases...

You can check the following extract (from README text file as usual) to know more about the latest changes and improvements:
- Included a couple of new sneaky enemies that come from the most fearsome and deepest dark corners of Parthoris realm! And how could it be otherwise, these ones are willing to use their malicious techniques and wicked arts against you, so the best thing for now is to obtain more information about them so that they do not catch you off guard. Here you can read a brief description about them:
  • + Sinister Mage (although at first glance he may seem like a initiated magician, the truth is that this bloke possesses quite advanced magical abilities and might be able catching by surprise those unsuspecting opponents that get in his way. He has a good level of experience with elemental magic, and although he is not as powerful as the Disciples of D'Sparil and most of their followers, he can become really aggressive and will not stop chasing his rivals until he finishes with them. Anyway, if you meet one -or more than one- face to face, don't be intimidated and show who is the one who really masters magic like no other!)

+ Dark Panther (a wild beast tamed by the Serpent Riders that is capable to appear at random into undefined places, like other special enemies. Be very careful, because when this predator puts its eyes on you, it will run fiercely towards your position and will leap nimbly against you without contemplations! If you don't want to become an easy prey for this ferocious animal (surely not), aim well for its throat and shoot it down for good! Seriously, do not feel bad about killing these beasts and just remember: it's you or them...).
- Fixed a bug related to some weaponry dropped by certain defeated enemies (like swords, maces, etc.) that in some special circumstances they didn't follow the floor sector height change in some map levels, and consequently they could be sunk underground or remain floating in mid-air, depending on the case.

- Tweaked the Heresiarch's bouncing lava heads attack; from now and instead of following the player like seeking missiles, they will keep bouncing around in a straight line, but with the difference that now they will shoot a burst of small fireballs in a circle semi-continuously during the time that they last before exploding, so now they might be even more threatening than before. Furthermore, the Heresiarch's chance of using this attack has been increased by around 10%~12%. So then, stay alert when you face this big demoniacal sorcerer!

- The attack sound effects of the Cursed Diamond Turret and the Ice Diamond Turret have been slightly improved.

- Several bugfixes and code optimizations.
And as you might expect, updated download links are awaiting you at first post...

Enjoy and keep having fun guys! 8-)
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

The harpy's talon attacks never damage the player even with the player standing completely still. Tested with GzDoom 4.3.3 with several different locations on OBLIGE generated mapsets and with the current mod version as of today (2.2.2).
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Awesome .. you've put my video in the main post ..that's really nice ..

I uploaded a new video ..and will upload Everytime a new update is coming ...

https://youtu.be/Flmy5YSzZME

You could maybe change this one with the old one things I started to edit my thumbnails lately what looks way better
Hexereticdoom

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v2.2.2.1 (Hotfix Update 19 Oct 2020)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:The harpy's talon attacks never damage the player even with the player standing completely still. Tested with GzDoom 4.3.3 with several different locations on OBLIGE generated mapsets and with the current mod version as of today (2.2.2).
Fixed in v2.2.2.1 uploaded some minutes ago!

Seems there was a missing property in Decorate code that was preventing the Harpy causing damage to the player or any other enemy character. My fault, I suppose... :oops:

But now the issue is corrected and the Harpy's attack works as expected. Thanks a lot for bug reporting, Mister Neauxbauxdeay! :thumb:
Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:Awesome .. you've put my video in the main post ..that's really nice ..

I uploaded a new video ..and will upload Everytime a new update is coming ...

https://youtu.be/Flmy5YSzZME

You could maybe change this one with the old one things I started to edit my thumbnails lately what looks way better
Very cool, thank you! Actually, there are very scarce H-Fantasy walkthrough videos to choose from, but yours are perfect! :D

Updated the thread's first post and the Moddb description page with your new video. Thanks again, hope you enjoy and have fun with the mod! :cheers:
Hexereticdoom

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v2.2.2.2 (Hotfix Update 23 Oct 2020)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Released v2.2.2.2 as a hotfix for previous versions, due to some annoying bugs I found recently... :blergh:
CHANGELOG wrote:- A couple of issues have been fixed (dude, what a drag!) The first one was affecting the Ice Gargoyle, that was not rewarding the player with extra Health Points upon being hit successfully with the Vampire's Crosier secondary attack. The second one was related to the Gelid Millipede, which was able to die turned into a frozen statue when attacked by icy projectiles, which makes no sense to ice-type enemies. (Seems that the NOICEDEATH Decorate flag is not always effective in certain actors that use inheritance, so I have updated conveniently the code for all actors where freeze death does not apply, in the same way that I did some time ago in my HXRTC Project Doom mod, for completely avoiding any possible erroneous death sequence when the aforementioned enemies are killed).

- Some other minor tweaks and bugfixes.
Well, I hope that everything gets bug-free (or almost) before I can release the forthcoming version 2.3...

Keep having fun, heretical mates! 8-)
honeypony

Post by honeypony »

Seems like a great mod so far but i get easily overwhelmed by all the DECOITEM enemies. I tried reducing the total number of enemies with 10.5x mod and it had no effect. Is my only option to tweak randomspawners? thx
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

honeypony wrote:Seems like a great mod so far but i get easily overwhelmed by all the DECOITEM enemies. I tried reducing the total number of enemies with 10.5x mod and it had no effect. Is my only option to tweak randomspawners? thx
Well, alternatively you can make a small addon with SLADE for replacing the current mod randomspawners with another ones that exclude the undesired actors in DECOITEM lump, and then load it after the H-Fantasy mod file. :wink:
honeypony

Post by honeypony »

Hexereticdoom wrote:Well, alternatively you can make a small addon with SLADE for replacing the current mod randomspawners with another ones that exclude the undesired actors in DECOITEM lump, and then load it after the H-Fantasy mod file. :wink:
SLADE might be over my head, but i appreciate the tip all the same, any insight on why 10.5x didn't work?
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

honeypony wrote:any insight on why 10.5x didn't work?
Sorry, I have not tested actively that mod and don't know exactly how it works either... I suggest you contact with the 10.5x mod creator by PM and surely he might help you with your question. :winker:
Hexereticdoom

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v2.2.2.2 (Updated 1 Dec 2020) [MR]

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hello there! Announcing to everyone that a major update release of the mod is coming out the next month! :)

Yeah yes, I'm working pretty hard these last weeks on it, and the progress percentage to be completed is growing more and more as days go by ... So, if all things keep going right and as planned, HeXeReTiC Fantasy v2.5 will be published on first/second week of May '21. So please stay tuned! :wink:
Hexereticdoom

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v2.5 (Update 1 May 2021)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

OK, as I announced some days ago, version 2.5 is up and ready to go! :D

Here you can read the list about the latest introduced changes, which is also included in the README text file:
- Finally and after a little long hiatus of time, I'm proud to announce the version 2.5 for HeXeReTiC Fantasy! To be honest, this one has taken me a bit longer than I expected some months ago, mostly due to a few implementation issues on some of the new features. But luckily, now everything is solved and finished! And what is new in this new release, you ask? Well, mainly one of them is a whole fresh horde of monsters that further increase the existing bestiary, including in addition some new Big bosses to confront with, but of course this is not the only new thing. For the time being, here you have the list of the most recent enemies introduced:
  • + Eerie Cloak (a somehow evolved form of the Phantom Cloak, which in fact is much more aggressive and dangerous than the aforementioned one, since it is capable of launching elemental magic bolts of all kinds. You'll recognize them immediately by their reddish color instead of the bluish ones, so keep your guard and be careful when you face one of them!)

+ Weregoat (a strange anthropomorphic beast from an unknown place, which as its name suggests, is half man and half goat. Quite hostile in nature, this creature usually attacks its adversaries by jumping towards them and then hitting their chests with its claws. Also, they are able to attack at long range throwing some kind of small explosive devices, similar to grenades. At least these monsters are not too robust, so some magic strikes from your weapons should be enough to take them down rather quickly).

+ Wereibex (yep, as you'll have guessed this is the stronger variant of the Weregoat, that although it is rarer to find around, its ferocity and aggressiveness are way much greater than those of its younger brother. If you wanna survive, do not let it get close to you under any circumstances, and be very careful with its improved bouncing grenades!)

+ Cursed Golem (here it comes another of these awful monsters, one of the latest creations from the evil Disciples of D'Sparil which turns out to be quite more threatening than the rest of the lower-rank golems, and besides this thing moves faster than them. About its offensive tactics, its seeking-soul shots are similar to those of Nitrogolems, but somewhat quicker and more harmful. If you manage to weaken it enough, it won't fall down before you, but instead it will teleport to a safe place and won't bother you again until another time.)

+ Flame Serpent (another of those hateful chaos serpents with which you have faced so many times, although this new specimen is even scarier than its other close relatives. This beast can choose between two attack types, depending on how far you are from it: if you are several steps away from it, it will try to shoot you down with its volcano-type fireballs, but at a closer range it will attempt scorching you alive with its flame breath. Watch out and stay alert!)

+ Bewitcher Beast (quite similar in appearance to a Wendigo, however apparently this monster has decided to follow the same steps as those Disciples of D'Sparil, learning all about darkness and cursed magic, and using it for its own purposes. When you face one of these creatures, remember that just like their siblings, they are very powerful in attack but rather slow in movement, so you should take advantage of your greater agility to beat it and make it bite the dust).

+ Blizzard Creep (this menacing icy monster is neither more nor less than the pre-evolved form of the gargantuan Blizzard Fiend boss. In fact, this is commonly its previous phase before becoming an adult specimen, and it is in this specific phase when it turns out to be especially dangerous and aggressive, not even when it is younger. So better beware of them, as they can be as hazardous or even more than those Hoarfrost Dogs. You've been warned!)

+ Osseous Imp (one more of that kind of creatures that have been directly brought from that hellish and doomed -yes, doomed after all- universe that we talked about some time ago. But in order not to dwell too much on that kind of stories, let's stick to what really matters: this skeletical enemy uses an attack method that is as curious as it is disgusting: it rips off its own bony limbs and throws them at its opponent with the purpose of knocking him out and making him lose consciousness. And what is worse, it always manages to auto-regenerate again its limbs, the same way that a lizard regenerates its tail when it is cut off...)

+ Guillotiner [Mini-boss] (a horrifying name for a horrifying monster, this tremendous mini-boss is undoubtedly one of the most atrocious opponents you will face. A huge, mossy-looking and bipedal toothed beast with claws as sharp as knives, and it also moves at a quite high speed that contrasts with its enormous size. But the worst of all -that is where it gets its name- it always throws a spinning sickle-shaped projectile which seeks and shreds each and every foe that gets in its way. And that, if previously it doesn't slice its victim with a quick slash sequence. If you want to survive against this big monstrosity, DO NOT STAY at open field, but stick to walls and corners and use your most powerful weapons to kill it as quickly as possible).

+ Weresquid Emperor [Big boss] (one of the most recent signings of the Serpent Riders, and also a really strengthful guardian that will be really difficult to knock off. It might be defined as a repulsive fusion between a strongman and a cuttlefish which has been primed with steroids. This gruesome aberration loves places like large ponds, swamps and other areas with high humidity, and it has rarely been seen outside of those environments. In addition, it is armed with a strange big cannon with which it is capable of firing snake-shaped projectiles, which not only may cause great damage, but also they have a sort of poison that could seriously intoxicate the opponents and put an end to their lives in a hideous way. And as if that were not enough, it is said that it also possesses certain camouflage powers, which further accentuates its great dangerousness).

+ Replicant Devil [Big boss] (long ago, the elder elves of Parthoris realm told our hero Corvus III that there once existed a terrible entity, a kind of sinister demon that came from the underworld who wanted to challenge the strongest warriors and wizards that existed in their lands at that time. Many of them agreed to fight it, but none were ever victorious, since the powers of that evil demon were really incredible. Those who watched the combats from afar, most of them claimed that when the fight began, the demon suddenly changed its form with which it copied the appearance and abilities of its adversary, who normally felt intimidated from start. And those who did not abandon the fight in terror, were mercilessly massacred by the devil, which soon received the name of Replicant Devil, as a result of its tactics used in fight. So then, Corvus III promised himself that if he ever had the chance to engage that fierce demon, he would use all his strength and each and every one of his powers without any fear, to defeat the devil forever and avenge all those who died under its dark claws... The question is, will he ever make his promise come true?)
- Of course, to balance things out a bit against such a horde of new monsters, you will have a little more help available from now on. Knowing everything that has come, the Allied Mages have prepared for you a big surprise! All members of the guild have collaborated with each other, working hardly at top secret and without being discovered by the enemy, and finally they have created a special secret weapon for your exclusive use: a Grey Mana Cube with which will award you with the Magical Spellbinds! This way, and once you have it in your possession, you'll be fully able to use with your own hands certain special magic abilities that some of the well-known Bosses and Mini-bosses use against you. The only bad thing is that they are not allowed to trade with this type of articles, so they have chosen to hide some of those Grey Mana Cubes in certain unknown places, and finding them may take you some time. There are a total of five different attack spells available to use, which can be toggled at any time pressing the secondary fire button. Here is a detailed description of each one:
  • - Fire Spells Mode: you start with this one by default. With it you'll perform the fearful fireball attack from the Death Wyvern. As you'll remember, these fireballs can release on impact a bunch of explosive flames which cause heavy radius damage. (Cost: 4 Mana Points per attack)

- Ice Spells Mode: if you switch to this mode, you will be able to replicate the powerful freezing breath from the infamous Blizzard Fiend. You'll find it useful, specially against fiery and stoney enemies! (Cost: 6 Mana Points per attack)

- Hell Spells Mode: changing to this mode will grant you one of the abilities from the Underworld Paladin: the hellish sword blast, which consists of throwing sharp blades that on impact cause a big circle of damaging flames. Quite harmful if you use it well! (Cost: 8 Mana Points per attack)

- Ethereal Spells Mode: you might like this one a lot, because this mode awards you with the same special ability that the horrid Guillotiner uses against its victims. It takes a little time to charge, but in few instants you'll release an ethereal spinning sickle that will seek and slice any enemy on its path! But be aware: it might be hardly effective versus stone enemies or those with extremely hard skin. (Cost: 5 Mana Points per attack)

- Curse Spells Mode: the fifth and last mode grants you perhaps the most powerful of all available spells, but also the most expensive in terms of Mana Points: the Heresiarch's purple spheres wave cast! Using this one you'll be fully capable to replicate the big demoniacal sorcerer's favourite attack, spewing out rapidly a large number of these cursed projectiles in a whiplash pattern. I'm sure you would bet anything for seeing the funny face it would put when you use the same powers as it! (Cost: 10 Mana Points per attack)
NOTE: The Mana Points used by the Magical Spellbinds are automatically regenerated as long as the player does not perform certain actions like attack movements or similar -excluding walking, running, jumping or taunting- and also the Magical Spellbinds weapon must be currently selected (Slot 8), so if you switch to any other weapon the auto-regeneration process will be halted. The maximum Mana Points allowed is always 200, regardless of whether you get a Bag of Holding or not. Additionally, and like the rest of magic weapons, the Magical Spellbinds are temporarily upgradeable when they're under the influence of the Tome of Power, which will double the amount of magic projectiles released, but at same time will double the Mana Points required for each attack.

- The lately heard rumors claim that once ago the henchmen of the Serpent Riders took as prisoners a large group of young rebellious elves which belonged to a magic training camp, known as the Helper Elf Club, but that instead of being exterminated they were imprisoned in some lost dungeons and hidden under a dimensional magic seal. Seems that the Disciples of D'Sparil were planning to brainwash these Helper Elves and then forcing them to join the dark side, because most of those poor young elves were very talented fighters and the Disciples could turn that talent into extra evil forces. Luckily, and thanks again to the good Allied Mages, the dimensional magic seal that retained them in an unknown plane has been seriously damaged and making it possible for them to be rescued, although not immediately and simultaneously (damn it!) However, if you manage to take down a certain number of enemies (and also with a bit of luck) it is likely that you could meet one of them by chance, randomly materializing himself near to where you are. If you free him by getting close enough, he will gladly join your side and gratefully help you fight against the adversaries around you. So then, try to rescue as many as possible, and make sure these good Helper Elves can safely return to their homes!

- A new artifact is available from now: the Keykeeper Talisman! This one is a quite rare special item with very particular powers; finding one will allow you to become a Keykeeper and being granted to open any locked colour key doors. This way, you'll have a chance to reach the exit warp much sooner on some of those long, labyrinthine and tiresome maps. Use this item wisely and you will go far away!

- Finally, and after some time, our mighty hero has learnt to use properly the Otherworld Rifle scope! So then, instead of firing a burst of four shots through secondary firemode like before, now he will switch to 'sniper mode' and shall be able to use the zoomed rifle scope to shoot enemies at a greater distance and even with further precision. Also, he'll be able to shoot it slightly faster than before. Cool, isn't it? ;)

- Now we're talking about artifacts and weapons, a stranger has recently revealed us the existence of a really curious and strange weapon which information that has been collected about it is pretty scarce, and also its current location is completely unknown... But in turn, there is a small probability that with a bit of luck and good will, it could appear by chance and quite unexpectedly before your eyes... Regarding the information about it and according to some comments out there, seems that some time ago (shortly before the arrival of the Serpent Riders to the Parthoris realm) the last one seen with such a rare weapon was nothing more than a little elfish boy, who apparently thought that it was just a toy for having fun with his playmates; but soon the evidence revealed that such toy had come from another unknown world. In deduction of the questions that the adult elves asked the young boy, he simply told them that an outsider friend (presumably an unidentified being from that same other world) had given it to him. A few days later, the young boy had mysteriously disappeared from the town and since then, he has never been seen again...

- Added a small visual recoil effect to each and every one of the weapons that use gunpowder to work. (That is, all those that are set in Slot 0).

- Included Inventory.Icon and Inventory.AltHUDIcon auxiliary properties for each and every weapon in the mod, for adding extra compatibility with GZDoom/LZDoom's alternative HUD and some other external addons or mods.

- Added some new dynamic light definitions and fixed a few missing and/or erroneus ones, like those related with the new Colour Key Gizmos (it took me a while to figure it out, sorry...) :P

- Updated the HUD for compatibility with the Magical Spellbinds weapon and the Mana Points counter.

- Several bugfixes, a few more tweakings and code optimizations.
Updated download links are awaiting for you at the first post, as usual... :winker:

That's all for now... Enjoy and have fun, everyone! 8-)
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Has an option for a hotkey to pick up items/weapons been implemented yet? This MOD really REALLY needs one.

EDIT: This post also applies to the other MOD.
Last edited by Valherran on Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Valherran wrote:Has an option for a hotkey to pick up items/weapons been implemented yet? This MOD really REALLY needs one.
Well not for now, sorry. That's one of the things that are still on the to-do list at the moment... :-|

Return to “Gameplay Mods”