Shades of Doom v4.0 - Flippin' Cool (06-01-21)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Re: Shades of Doom v4.0 - Flippin' Cool (06-01-21)

Post by Cyanide »

drfrag wrote:It gives a strange error. I dunno why, the mod has a lot of PNGs tough.

Code: Select all

Corrupt zlib stream
Invalid data encountered for texture 1Shades4.pk3:sprites/g cacos/14 caco ghoul/g14cd2
**** DIED WITH FATAL ERROR:
R_InstallSprite: Sprite G14C frame D is missing rotations
Edit: i see the pk3 has over 50K files.
I can't reproduce this error on my end. I've also checked the frames refered to, and there doesn't seem to be any issue file-wise.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

drfrag wrote:Now it runs, it was the shitty XP compatibility toolset.
Like i said it's a compiler issue. Nonetheless i'm not sure if recursion is still a problem, but after renaming the Decorate folder to actors i still kept getting the same error.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Netrax wrote:Some spanish blurb.
I think we should talk in english here, not sure about the rules tough. Your english is not bad, i can understand what you say (unless my english is bad too xD).
Thanks, it will run unless they do another release before mine (i will do it in a few days).
I'm in some Doom discords in spanish, such as Kaiser Corporation. I could send you an invitation.
ClessxAlghazanth

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

Greatly enjoying SoD , this is my most played monster pack by far :wub: :D Have been trying combinations of SoD with Beautiful Doom , Smooth Doom , DRLA , Trailblazer , HnD and a few others :)

I have a few questions ;

1)My doomguy looks like this when I'm playing with SoD , is this a known behaviour ? :roll: (screen for reference)

2)When playing with DRLA , should I disable (don't load) DRLA monsters , or would they work in harmony ?

3)Is SoD compatible with Champions ? (I've been playing along it without noticable issues but , just to be sure)

I'm running LZDoom (latest devbuild)

Thanks for this excellent monster pack , looking forward to any updates 8-)

Best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gez

Post by Gez »

That's the crouch sprites. Are you crouching in-game, per chance?
Netrax
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Netrax »

drfrag wrote:
Netrax wrote:Some spanish blurb.
I think we should talk in english here, not sure about the rules tough. Your english is not bad, i can understand what you say (unless my english is bad too xD).
Thanks, it will run unless they do another release before mine (i will do it in a few days).
I'm in some Doom discords in spanish, such as Kaiser Corporation. I could send you an invitation.
Haha, okey man.
ClessxAlghazanth

Gez wrote:That's the crouch sprites. Are you crouching in-game, per chance?
Seems to happen all the time , including when I'm not crouching

By the way after experimenting for a bit , it seems more likely to be a DRLA issue , because it is the same even after changing SoD monsters to DRLA ones

(It appears normally when playing vanilla or other mods like Beautiful Doom)
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

ClessxAlghazanth wrote: 1)My doomguy looks like this when I'm playing with SoD , is this a known behaviour ? :roll: (screen for reference)
I think that's an issue with DRLA, not SoD.
ClessxAlghazanth wrote: 2)When playing with DRLA , should I disable (don't load) DRLA monsters , or would they work in harmony ?
Loading those monsters should most definitely cause problems. Anything related to spawned monsters will most likely cause issues.
ClessxAlghazanth wrote: 3)Is SoD compatible with Champions ? (I've been playing along it without noticable issues but , just to be sure)
Last I checked it worked just fine.

Glad you like Shades. :)
RonnieJamesDiner

Post by RonnieJamesDiner »

Hi, quick question!

I was just curious where the "Warforged" monster came from (one of the Mancubus replacements) -- more specifically, his rocket projectile. I was hoping to find original PNGs of those sprites, prior to being converted to the Doom palette. If there's any chance of finding those, I would really appreciate it! Thanks.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

RonnieJamesDiner wrote:Hi, quick question!

I was just curious where the "Warforged" monster came from (one of the Mancubus replacements) -- more specifically, his rocket projectile. I was hoping to find original PNGs of those sprites, prior to being converted to the Doom palette. If there's any chance of finding those, I would really appreciate it! Thanks.
I think they are from Necrodome.
ClessxAlghazanth

Sorry for the bump , but can I ask where SoD stores its settings in the .ini file ?

I've been trying to locate it but no luck identifying so far
RonnieJamesDiner

Post by RonnieJamesDiner »

Cyanide wrote: I think they are from Necrodome.
Ah, sorry for the late response. Thanks for the reply, that's exactly where they're from! Cheers :D
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

ClessxAlghazanth wrote:Sorry for the bump , but can I ask where SoD stores its settings in the .ini file ?

I've been trying to locate it but no luck identifying so far
I'm pretty sure that all variables are called "Cyan<Unique_Name>", so if you should be able to look for them by searching for "Cyan".

Return to “Gameplay Mods”