Slomo Bullettime Ultimate (Universal Addon) [R3.1c fix]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Spaceman333

Re: Slomo Bullettime Ultimate (Universal Addon) [R3.1c fix]

Post by Spaceman333 »

Yeetee wrote:Why can't I jump high when "stop player momentum" is active?
That setting was intended only for a setup where I'd set Slomo Pulse Duration to 99999, so that time freezes completely - and "stop player momentum" would stop me from moving while slomo was active.

Basically: run into a room full of monsters, hit slomo - none can move, but I can still aim and shoot, slomo ends, all my fired projectiles blast out into enemies all at once. I can even jump in advance, turn on slomo and freeze myself midair, shoot everything and then continue flying my jump trajectory. Its epic.

So "stop player momentum" was never intended to be used with the default setup that merely slows down time instead of freezing it entirely as described above.
The best it can do is create janky/choppy movement.

I've never been able to create a feature for this mod that would make the player's movement smooth in slomo and I don't know if its even possible - the jumping/movement variables are all over the place - plus the whole tick based timing thing on top of that - that I have no idea what to do to achieve that effect. Its beyond my skills/knowledge. If anyone wants to continue this mod and try creating that, then please do, I'd be super happy for someone to continue the mod or make their own version of it.

Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:Someone from my discord (ELMA-K)
created this awesome add-on ..

Max Payne slomo sound ..

(Load AFTER the main slomo mod )

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... FSlide.pk3
Err, thats just a renamed jp-mobility-v5r.pk3 - JPalomo's movement addon for double jump, floor slide and wall grab. It doesn't do anything to the slomo mod. There are no max payne sound files in it either. :|
ClessxAlghazanth

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

Late to the part but I'm glad I found this , and having a blast trying it with different gameplay mods and tc's :twisted:

It works flawlessly with everything I threw at it this far , and man I must say this is one of the most underrated and experience enhancing mods ever :wub:

Btw I wonder what button do everyone use for slomo mode ?

I thought middle mouse button would be a obvious choice but I've been using that for gearbox for long time , so I wonder what everybody assign this to ?

Best regards
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

ClessxAlghazanth wrote:Late to the part but I'm glad I found this , and having a blast trying it with different gameplay mods and tc's :twisted:

It works flawlessly with everything I threw at it this far , and man I must say this is one of the most underrated and experience enhancing mods ever :wub:

Btw I wonder what button do everyone use for slomo mode ?

I thought middle mouse button would be a obvious choice but I've been using that for gearbox for long time , so I wonder what everybody assign this to ?

Best regards
Thank you for the kind words. :D

I personally use the V button on the keyboard to Slomo.
ClessxAlghazanth

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

I wonder it would it be possible to make doors closing&opening speed also correspond to slowmo ?

Best regards
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

ClessxAlghazanth wrote:I wonder it would it be possible to make doors closing&opening speed also correspond to slowmo ?

Best regards
Not with this mod, but Bullet Time X can do that!
Willytor
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Willytor »

what are the pros and cons of bullet time x in comparison to this
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Willytor wrote:what are the pros and cons of bullet time x in comparison to this
Mine has more options, more features, slomo itself can be modified into entirely different set ups such as:
  • Stop time entirely
  • Have slomo at varying degrees of strenght
  • Freeze your position while in slomo, including midair
  • Slomo reserve that you start with and does not refill until the next level
  • Faster/slower slomo timer recharge
  • Optional cooldown feature
The setting menu may look convoluted at first, but it comes with a solid default mode so you can just load it and play with immediately, but if you do go messing with the settings, then there is plenty of flexibility and potential in how you can configure the mod to your needs.

Bullet Time X is simpler, but more focused and also affects doors/elevators (which I don't have), plus has a graphical hud. Its basically an instant plug-n-play Max Payne mode. Its also much smoother than my mod which has a bit of... slight choppyness to it.

--

EDIT: One difference I forgot to mention yesterday is that Bullet Time X can cause more lag when turned on levels with a lot of monsters, meanwhile Slomo Bullettime actually decreases lag when its turned on. I've had goofy moments when the Doom is lagging from a lot of gore and monsters and relying on Slomo Bullettime to alleviate the lag a bit to keep the game playable.

Most likely Bullet Time X uses a script that checks entities or something, while I just turn on a Freeze power up on/off, which ironically gives the game more time to process its logic - thus reducing lag.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”