Custom armor issues.

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Ballistic5entinel

Custom armor issues.

Post by Ballistic5entinel »

So I've been trying to replace armors lately. I decided that it would be handy to further rip off DOOM 4 and make all armors fully absorb damage, but I have a few issues related to these.

Firstly, I use idkfa/idfa for testing purposes, since both are faster than using give or summon commands. However, idkfa still gives me the normal blue armor, rather than my modified armor. Can I change this?

Second, because my armors all fully absorb damage, whenever the player is shot and they have enough armor to not receive health damage, there's no sound or hit effect that plays. Is it also possible to add some form of feedback when that happens?
D3X1K AXYZ

Re: Custom armor issues.

Post by D3X1K AXYZ »

ACTOR ************ : BasicArmorPickup Replaces BlueArmor
Ballistic5entinel

Post by Ballistic5entinel »

D3X1K AXYZ wrote:ACTOR ************ : BasicArmorPickup Replaces BlueArmor
I already know how to replace armor actors. In fact, I've already replaced the blue armor. The problem is that idkfa/'give armor' still gives me the default blue armor, regardless of whether or not I've replaced it through DECORATE.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

All I could do on that end was override Player.DamageMobj() and reinvent a number of wheels.

(note that "BlueArmour", etc. is intentionally spelled the unAmerican way as the name of a new separate actor. Yes this does completely throw out Doom's native armour system, but that system makes so many assumptions that it seems better to just throw it out in your case anyway.)
TensorMatrix

Post by TensorMatrix »

Do you have a MAPINFO in your mod?

You need to add line "armoricons" inside gameinfo block. It needs to look like this:

Code: Select all

gameinfo
{
	armoricons = "<basic icon lump>", <advanced savepercent value>, "<advanced icon lump>"
}
"<basic icon lump>" is for normal (Green) armor
"<advanced savepercent value>" is defence value for blue armor
"<advanced icon lump>" is icon for blue armor

More info in here:
https://zdoom.org/wiki/MAPINFO/GameInfo_definition

Return to “Editing (Archive)”