Nameless Lite RPG Mod 1.6.0 New spell system

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Nameless Lite RPG Mod 1.6.0 New spell system

Postby Ixcuazl » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:29 pm

AvzinElkein wrote:I don't see which skill gives you extra ammo.

It was refuel/scavenger, but that does something else now. So yeah, there's no skill that gives you ammo in 203. Arguably the ATK stat and the attack/bomb minions save you ammo, though.

Still. Just for you, because I'm nice: RPGLv203 with ammo synthesis restored.

The compats from the previous version should still work as-is, except for the Strife one, which'll require you to delete LOADACS from the old patch and then run both of them on top of each other. (Pk3 files are just renamed zip files.) Run the Hexen ones on top of each other too if you're going that route; should work ok.
Ixcuazl

Postby AvzinElkein » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:32 pm

I was pleasantly surprised you did this, to be honest. I didn't mean to request it; I was just curious, but thanks.
AvzinElkein

Discord: AvzinReborn#9162
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby MsrSgtShooterPerson » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:16 pm

Hi, thank you for updating the mod @Ixcuazl (and monkeybtm6 for creating it in the first place!) - I've always been on the lookout for an alternative to DRPG since I play on mobile (Delta-Touch) and leave heavier mods to my laptop instead.

Any way to get DRLA health pickups to be proportional to the player's maximum health? Also would like to ask - do monsters also still receive stat tweaks relative to the player's level? (since I noticed this option is no longer available on your build)
MsrSgtShooterPerson

Discord: MsrSgtShooterPerson
Github ID: GTD-Carthage

Postby Solid-Head » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:24 pm

Since a few people ask me to release this, here it is:

Doom Rogue RPG-Lite Arsenal: An addon for DoomRL Arsenal. Mostly a HUD overhaul for RPG LITE. Highly recommend using this with Zeta Shop. Make a solid but lite RPG experience.

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rezo2njn ... 0.rar/file (ONLY LOAD WITH DOOMRLA)

SCREENSHOT:
Spoiler:

All credits goes to the original authors(I don't take any credit for this, do as you please with it)
Spoiler:

MsrSgtShooterPerson wrote:Any way to get DRLA health pickups to be proportional to the player's maximum health?

That was pestering me for a while now. I think proportional max health for medkit would be overpower, but as they were, they didn't heal you over 100HP which was very wrong. I kinda half fix the problem. Medkit will now heal you over an 100 HP, but you can still pick em up even if you are at Max HP. You gotta be careful.
MsrSgtShooterPerson wrote:Also would like to ask - do monsters also still receive stat tweaks relative to the player's level? (since I noticed this option is no longer available on your build)

Did they ever did that ? I could be wrong but I don't remember that effect implemented. I may be wrong though, its been a long time. I'm using so much monsters mods that I'm not really sure if I want that anyway.
Solid-Head

Postby MsrSgtShooterPerson » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:31 am

I actually made a sort of mini patch based on ZScript to fix health and monster scaling a bit - for DRLA particularly, I ended up just deleting the DRLA health items so my script can run over to modify default heal values for some vanilla health items...
MsrSgtShooterPerson

Postby Solid-Head » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:06 pm

MsrSgtShooterPerson wrote:I actually made a sort of mini patch based on ZScript to fix health and monster scaling a bit - for DRLA particularly, I ended up just deleting the DRLA health items so my script can run over to modify default heal values for some vanilla health items...

By deleting DRLA health items, doesn't that break armor bonuses ?
Solid-Head

Postby MsrSgtShooterPerson » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:22 pm

I didn't delete the armor bonus items - just the medkits, stims, and health bonuses. This does, however, make Survival Armor's special useless.
MsrSgtShooterPerson

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods