[WIP] Welcome to FANCY WORLD (07/04 V2 Rewrite!)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] Welcome to FANCY WORLD (07/04 V2 Rewrite!)

Post by Kinsie »

Plonkett wrote:I'm trying to download the thing, but it won't let me. When I click the download link nothing happens.
Late but fixed, sorry. Chrome doesn't like old http links.
UTNerd24

Post by UTNerd24 »

I never thought it'd take me this long to find a mod like this. Even though Brootal Dewm has aged poorly, I always liked the ambient sounds used for maps. I spent a good time looking for a 'standalone' mod of sorts with those effects, and here I am. My only recommendation would be to have toggles for either liquid bubbles or ambience for the sake of performance. But yeah, Love this mod. I might even add my own sounds for personal use if I ever figure out how. Granted I have your permission of course.
Zenon

Post by Zenon »

This crashes on Resurgence Map11
Dan_The_Noob

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

found this while looking for sound mods (reverb, echo etc)
doesn't seem to work. seems it just adds a weird lens flare sparkle to flames??? am i using it wrong? or is there a certain load order?
devlman127

Post by devlman127 »

Kinsie wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:19 am Known Issues
  • The code ain't fantastic, and could use a pass by someone who knows WTF they're doing.
  • Maps with real long stretches of certain liquid flats (like MAP28 of JPCP's massive lava ocean) can cause a big framerate hit from all the OpenAL HRTF-processing on ambient audio.
  • Maps with lots of lines with textures that have sounds attached can have long load times as sound emitters that are too close together are culled.
Huh, so that's why I was getting less of a frame a second. Note to self - not compatible with JAMP2 Tropical Dynamite, at least the first map.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”