GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here.

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Postby Nash » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:43 pm

Remmirath wrote:Thank you for the fix. Also thank you for this awesome feature. You might've opened a new frontier of mapping: if this feature skyrockets, the amount of non orthogonal mapping might grow exponentially in the future! :)

Indeed! This feature reminds me of Skyrim/Fallout's Creation Kit "snap to reference" feature where you could just build by snapping the level to something that's from an arbitrary angle and position. Really helps with that organic feel!

Would be cool if, when grid rotation is not at default, the ceiling and floor flat texture rotations would automatically rotate to follow the grid? I'm probably asking too much though, heh. =P

Again, thanks for your hard work, Volte!
Nash
Nash Muhandes

Postby Volte » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:00 pm

Glad people like it!
Nash wrote:Would be cool if, when grid rotation is not at default, the ceiling and floor flat texture rotations would automatically rotate to follow the grid? I'm probably asking too much though, heh. =P

That's a definite possibility. Doing some experimenting, it seems that surface rotation of newly placed isolated sectors is always zero, so it would be enough to affect new sectors that don't touch any other sectors right? Otherwise it might step on the existing behaviour of getting rotation from adjacent sectors.
Volte

Postby Nash » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:45 pm

Volte wrote:Doing some experimenting, it seems that surface rotation of newly placed isolated sectors is always zero, so it would be enough to affect new sectors that don't touch any other sectors right? Otherwise it might step on the existing behaviour of getting rotation from adjacent sectors.

Yeah, I think that ought to do it. At least in my imagination!
Nash
Nash Muhandes

Postby Volte » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:00 am

For anyone who is willing/able to compile it themselves, the ui-items branch of my fork has toolbar buttons for the grid rotation stuff: https://i.imgur.com/rHDULfK.png. Once the pending pull request to fix the freeze-on-load issue is merged, I'll rebase and make one for this change (and possibly throw in the auto-flat-rotation feature if it isn't too difficult). Also I'm not so good at making icons so if someone wants to make better ones I have no problem replacing them.
Volte

Postby Nash » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:38 am

The icons look fine, IMO. They're placed right beside the familiar grid tools, have grid-ey looking pixels so it's a clear indication that "maybe these are grid-related buttons". :)
Nash
Nash Muhandes

Postby Daryn » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:40 am

Hello.

I've run into an error with GZDoomBuilder Bugfix that's proving to be really annoying. Namely, I can't load or save files. Any time I open up a file open or file save box, I get this:

Code: Select allExpand view
***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
GZDB: R3045
Platform: x64

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {DC1C5A9C-E88A-4DDE-A5A1-60F82A20AEF7} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80040111 ClassFactory cannot supply requested class (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040111 (CLASS_E_CLASSNOTAVAILABLE)).
   at System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog.CreateVistaDialog()
   at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.RunDialogVista(IntPtr hWndOwner)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.OpenMap()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.Action.Begin()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.BeginActionByKey(Int32 key, Boolean repeated)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.KeyPressed(Int32 key)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.MainForm_KeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

After a good bit of head-scratching, I figured out the issue. There's some sort of weird bug with the WPF call here. If I switch off of my high-contrast desktop theme, I can load and save just fine. So I need to open GZDB, switch off of my high contrast theme, load my wad, switch back to high-contrast, and then work.

There are two ways to replicate this problem.

First, change Windows 10 to High ontrast mode.
Or, right click on builder.exe and go to the compatibility tab, then check "Disable visual themes". Both of these will throw up this error.

From what I can gather, this is fixable. SLADE doesn't have this problem, and I saw a post on StackOverflow with an alternate method for bringing up file dialogs.

If this could be looked at, it'd make my life a whole lot easier.
Daryn

Postby Kappes Buur » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:49 am

There is a serious problem with DoorSwing when used from a linedef.

The WIKI states that using a negative value for speed would turn the po clockwise. And indeed, GZDBBF provides negative values for speed, but, as soon as one clicks on OK that negative value is set to 0 and the po does not move.

Using a negative value in a script, however, works just fine.
Attachments
poly-swing.WAD
test example
(4.23 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Kappes Buur

Postby Gez » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:39 am

Note that Hexen format does not support negative values in parameters, they're limited to the 0-255 range.
Gez

Postby Empyre » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:47 am

Adding to what Gez said, UDMF does allow negative values in parameters. If I recall correctly, they are signed 16-bit, so -32768 to +32767.
Empyre
The Ultimate Shining Example of Humility

Postby Kappes Buur » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Gez wrote:Note that Hexen format does not support negative values in parameters, they're limited to the 0-255 range.

Empyre wrote:Adding to what Gez said, UDMF does allow negative values in parameters. If I recall correctly, they are signed 16-bit, so -32768 to +32767.

Thank you for pointing that out.
However, in Hexen format the dropdown menu does show negative values (CW)

Spoiler:

and that should be corrected.
Kappes Buur

Previous

Return to Editors / Asset Manipulation