Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
User avatar
stainedofmind
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:59 am

Re: Lithium 1.6.3 (Mar. 15, 2020)

Post by stainedofmind »

Hey, finally got a new computer and can actually play this now. One small thing that's preventing me from playing this for more then a few minutes is when pulling up the CBI and moving the mouse around, the screen behind the UI jitters, like the code isn't holding the player in place quite enough. Is this something that's fixable on my end via a setting, or something that needs to be fixed in the mod itself?
User avatar
Marrub
 
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 pm
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Lithium 1.6.3 (Mar. 15, 2020)

Post by Marrub »

stainedofmind wrote:Hey, finally got a new computer and can actually play this now. One small thing that's preventing me from playing this for more then a few minutes is when pulling up the CBI and moving the mouse around, the screen behind the UI jitters, like the code isn't holding the player in place quite enough. Is this something that's fixable on my end via a setting, or something that needs to be fixed in the mod itself?
Mm, I've changed so much about the internals that I'd be surprised if this isn't already fixed.
User avatar
stainedofmind
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:59 am

Re: Lithium 1.6.3 (Mar. 15, 2020)

Post by stainedofmind »

Next time I'm at my computer, I'll snag a copy from the git repo and let you know if it's still doing it.

Edit: Yup. Fixed in the newest version! Thanks for the reply, looking forward to giving this a proper run through!
User avatar
Marrub
 
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 pm
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Post by Marrub »

Version 1.7.0 Beta (Nevermind) has been released! Check the OP for download.

User avatar
Yebudoom
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:47 am
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Post by Yebudoom »

Ohshitohshitohshit

Congrats, Marrub. Will test this bad boy! <3
AvzinElkein
Posts: 619
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:35 pm

Re: Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Post by AvzinElkein »

Bug found: Pressing primary fire does not advance the intro, nor does pressing Open Door skip it; I am for all intents and purposes stuck. (Doom 1)
Never mind; I have to hold the key, not simply press it!

Also, do monsters respawn in all difficulties? Even the first difficulty has that!
User avatar
Marrub
 
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 pm
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Post by Marrub »

AvzinElkein wrote:Bug found: Pressing primary fire does not advance the intro, nor does pressing Open Door skip it; I am for all intents and purposes stuck. (Doom 1)
Never mind; I have to hold the key, not simply press it!

Also, do monsters respawn in all difficulties? Even the first difficulty has that!
Only the first and last difficulties.
User avatar
Dr_Cosmobyte
Posts: 2759
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:07 pm
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Marrub wrote:Version 1.7.0 Beta (Nevermind) has been released!
This video is just therapeutic to look at. Good job, boss.

Also, it won't work in latest LZDoom for the following reasons:
Spoiler:
So i think that you might add this into the "known Issues" thread part.
User avatar
will183
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:27 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win-10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)
Location: The land down under

Re: Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Post by will183 »

thoughts so far
Absolutely loving The Dark Lord so far, I like the tanky moveset with hard hitting firepower and overall toughness at the cost of decreased mobility.
Pretty excited for the lore entries as I always enjoy reading them.

Thoughts on the weaponry in particular
Khanda: Relatively viable melee, swings fast and stunlocks well, Not very damaging though, best against single targets.

Kampilan: Very hard hitting, basically one shots 90% of all imps and zombies, although I do think it could use a tiny bit more damage so it's more likely to kill slightly higher level imps, but that might just be personal preference.

.700 Express: Extremely solid, pairs relatively well with the shoulder mounted MG and acts as a solid any-thing stopper especially against lower leveled enemies, still maintains solidly viable against the toughest targets. I especially like the E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy revolver sprite. Probably the best second slot starting weapon out of all of the characters so far.

Shrapnel gun: For the basic third slot weapon, it feels a little underwhelming, usually taking quite a few blasts to drop high level imps, but it does have the utility of being able to lop shards around corners.

Hunting shotgun: Sweet mother of joseph. This thing feels like a 150mm howitzer shell. It hits hard and it kills crowds basically instantly, it makes up for the overall weakness of the shrapnel gun solidly, You can use it as either a boss killer or a crowd cleaner no problems. The high ammo consumption doesn't really matter with how heavy hitting this is, probably the best of every character's second third slot weapon so far.

Ruzuk: It's... unremarkable to be honest, atleast in my opinion. I don't really see much use for it, I guess it's a decent softener up weapon but I usually just use the .700 express instead for it's sheer burst damage that each of those 4 .700 express ultra-frag tipped rounds do to everything.

Minigun: it's a minigun. I think it takes a little long to spin up in my opinion, which kinda makes a little overshadowed so far, but still relatively solid when it get's going

Franca and Sophia: A dual wield pair of rocket launchers? Sign me up! The ammo use on them is very poor, which kinda makes it so you can't really use these that much. But they do a heap of instant damage to every target which happens to be near them, solid boss killers and solid crowd sweepers. But unfortunately, I think the sheer scarcity of RL ammo and how these use two rockets per shot, makes the hunting shotgun basically capable of the same stuff, just slower but you actually get more of a chance to use. Being able to buy rockets from the shop might help with this, but i'm pretty sure you removed the ability to buy ammo from the shop, so I doubt that'll come back.

in terms of feel, all the weapons feel just right, although as I mentioned, the Ruzuk is a little in-effective and I don't really know what it's role in the armory is tbh, I might just be using it wrong though.

In terms of sub weapons, i've only used the GL launcher and the SUB MG, both are solid with good utility. MG is great for just instantly stacking firepower and damage onto an enemy, but the GL is also very good for just burst damage and crowd control.

Ultimately, I do quite like the Dark Lord, and I still can't wait to read the lore entries with the character and his arsenal.
User avatar
Marrub
 
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 pm
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Post by Marrub »

will183 wrote:Shrapnel gun: For the basic third slot weapon, it feels a little underwhelming, usually taking quite a few blasts to drop high level imps, but it does have the utility of being able to lop shards around corners.
I've been thinking of making it able to charge shots for extra damage and speed.
will184 wrote:Ruzuk: It's... unremarkable to be honest, atleast in my opinion. I don't really see much use for it, I guess it's a decent softener up weapon but I usually just use the .700 express instead for it's sheer burst damage that each of those 4 .700 express ultra-frag tipped rounds do to everything.
I'm probably going to increase the damage it does by a bit along with the mag size. It's intended to stun-lock enemies at a distance, as shots from it always stun.
will185 wrote:Minigun: it's a minigun. I think it takes a little long to spin up in my opinion, which kinda makes a little overshadowed so far, but still relatively solid when it get's going
Mm, yeah, I did feel in playtesting it was a bit less fun to use after some balance changes. I'll revert those.
will186 wrote:Franca and Sophia: A dual wield pair of rocket launchers? Sign me up! The ammo use on them is very poor, which kinda makes it so you can't really use these that much. But they do a heap of instant damage to every target which happens to be near them, solid boss killers and solid crowd sweepers. But unfortunately, I think the sheer scarcity of RL ammo and how these use two rockets per shot, makes the hunting shotgun basically capable of the same stuff, just slower but you actually get more of a chance to use. Being able to buy rockets from the shop might help with this, but i'm pretty sure you removed the ability to buy ammo from the shop, so I doubt that'll come back.
Honestly, I changed this pretty late into development and it was probably a mistake. I was just counting raw numbers and thought "wow a hundred rocket shots sure is a lot" but it's actually... not!

Thank you for the detailed feedback, it's really appreciated!!
User avatar
Marrub
 
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 pm
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Post by Marrub »

Quick dev update, been taking it a bit slow, but pretty significant progress is being made. Re-balanced a bunch of stuff, fixed some issues, and made colored portraits for all of the characters. Not gonna be working on anything for a bit since my birthday is next week.
Spoiler: big set of images (not big images)
User avatar
Marrub
 
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 pm
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Post by Marrub »

Been working on artsy pretentious bullshit rather than gameplay. Check it out! (Content warnings in page. Not a particularly long read.)
Besides writing that I've mostly been watching anime, occasionally writing more dialogue for the Abyss, and keeping my life in check. I'm gonna be taking a break from development again as stuff in my life evens out.
My DMs are always open on Discord and here. I am really thankful for all the kind words and suggestions I've been given. :>
Artman2004
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:59 pm

Re: Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Post by Artman2004 »

I can't seem to skip the intro. I press E and Mouse1 but nothing happens.
User avatar
Linz
Posts: 314
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:42 pm

Re: Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Post by Linz »

Artman2004 wrote:I can't seem to skip the intro. I press E and Mouse1 but nothing happens.

You need to hold them
karry299
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:16 pm

Re: Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Post by karry299 »

Why is the console cut off beyond 4:3 resolution ? I cant see what i'm typing.
Also, is it possible to start 1.6 in the latest GZ ? When i try to start new game with 1.6 it just shows me console.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”