Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

Postby Marrub » Sun May 05, 2019 9:01 pm

Alexagon wrote:1. How do I get the armor interface? I've seen some gameplay videos and they start the game with it already visible.

You'll get it upon defeating a phantom.

Alexagon wrote:2. Is there a max ammo capacity for only certain weapons?

Some of the weapons have infinite ammo.

Alexagon wrote:3. Is it impossible to run without the movement augment activated? It makes my movements feel too jerky and unnatural and I'd rather disable it but without I move too slowly.

Walking is disabled with it on to make room for dodging. There are a few reasons for this:
  • Not adding new keys is a priority.
  • Most doom maps are big enough to allow always running. I don't like making decisions for the player, but because of the first reason, I had to in this case.
  • Most projectiles in Lithium are faster, so moving faster is almost necessary.
I could add an option to disable dodging if you want.
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby dawnbreez » Sun May 12, 2019 3:43 am

Downloaded latest master, and ran with GZDoom 4.0. I keep getting "ACS call to unknown class in script function" errors, seemingly with a different class each time (sometimes it's "Confont.Confont", in the titlemap it's "Lith_TitleCyberdemon.Lith_TitleCyberdemon", one time it was just a ".").
dawnbreez

Postby Marrub » Sun May 12, 2019 9:34 am

dawnbreez wrote:Downloaded latest master, and ran with GZDoom 4.0. I keep getting "ACS call to unknown class in script function" errors, seemingly with a different class each time (sometimes it's "Confont.Confont", in the titlemap it's "Lith_TitleCyberdemon.Lith_TitleCyberdemon", one time it was just a ".").

The current version is broken. I did some refactoring that should have changed nothing at all and somehow it broke completely. Try this.

EDIT: Reset the master branch, the broken commits are now in a separate branch.
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Postby SMG54321 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:48 pm

Hey I've been getting a error while parsing DECORATE scrips and won't let me play. It's just this mod too. can you look into it?
SMG54321

Postby wildweasel » Fri May 17, 2019 9:01 pm

SMG54321 wrote:Hey I've been getting a error while parsing DECORATE scrips and won't let me play. It's just this mod too. can you look into it?

Would need more info - what's the error message, and what version of GZDoom?
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Marrub » Fri May 17, 2019 9:02 pm

SMG54321 wrote:Hey I've been getting a error while parsing DECORATE scrips and won't let me play. It's just this mod too. can you look into it?

Use the Git version of Lithium or downgrade GZDoom to 3.7.2.
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Postby InfiniteRedPill » Fri May 31, 2019 9:25 pm

Hello, I have a question. I have tried both the 4.0 and 3.7.2 versions of GZDoom, and both the normal and Git versions of Lithium. When I try to use Lithium with a map pack like Valiant-Vaccinated, or any other map pack, there is an issue with the weapon sprites. Most of the weapon sprites (like the pistol for example) look like the generic Doom 2 sprites, but change into the Lithium weapon sprites only during the firing animation. I'm sorry if this is not enough information, I can provide more. Thank you.
InfiniteRedPill

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit

Postby Marrub » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:34 am

InfiniteRedPill wrote:Hello, I have a question. I have tried both the 4.0 and 3.7.2 versions of GZDoom, and both the normal and Git versions of Lithium. When I try to use Lithium with a map pack like Valiant-Vaccinated, or any other map pack, there is an issue with the weapon sprites. Most of the weapon sprites (like the pistol for example) look like the generic Doom 2 sprites, but change into the Lithium weapon sprites only during the firing animation. I'm sorry if this is not enough information, I can provide more. Thank you.

Load Lithium after the map pack. If you're loading it via a frontend, it should be at the bottom. If you're loading it by dragging it onto the executable, click it last when selecting the wads to use.
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Postby InfiniteRedPill » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:21 pm

Marrub wrote:
InfiniteRedPill wrote:Hello, I have a question. I have tried both the 4.0 and 3.7.2 versions of GZDoom, and both the normal and Git versions of Lithium. When I try to use Lithium with a map pack like Valiant-Vaccinated, or any other map pack, there is an issue with the weapon sprites. Most of the weapon sprites (like the pistol for example) look like the generic Doom 2 sprites, but change into the Lithium weapon sprites only during the firing animation. I'm sorry if this is not enough information, I can provide more. Thank you.

Load Lithium after the map pack. If you're loading it via a frontend, it should be at the bottom. If you're loading it by dragging it onto the executable, click it last when selecting the wads to use.

Wow thank you so much.
InfiniteRedPill

Postby sirleviatan » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:35 pm

GZDoom g4.1.2
Script error, "Lithium_1_6_1.pk3:lzscript/utilities.zsc" line 60:
Can't call play function ExecuteSpecial from data context

please fix it, thank you.
sirleviatan

Postby Marrub » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:40 pm

sirleviatan wrote:GZDoom g4.1.2
Script error, "Lithium_1_6_1.pk3:lzscript/utilities.zsc" line 60:
Can't call play function ExecuteSpecial from data context

please fix it, thank you.

Marrub wrote:Use the Git version of Lithium or downgrade GZDoom to 3.7.2.
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Postby InfiniteRedPill » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:39 pm

All you mod creators, including you Marrub, must have infinite patience when it comes to answers these questions. I love you all.
InfiniteRedPill

Postby crossvisionmedia » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:24 pm

Is there any chance this can be used with Brutality or other mods and existing Huds and such?
crossvisionmedia

Postby Marrub » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:58 pm

crossvisionmedia wrote:Is there any chance this can be used with Brutality or other mods and existing Huds and such?

No, the systems in place are too complex to work with other mods.
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Postby crossvisionmedia » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:03 pm

Ahh kinda figured. Worth a shot though!
crossvisionmedia

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods